This is why the bible and other religious texts had to be written by scorned MALES

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Originally Posted by Releventmuzik

I never understood why people insist on going out of their way to bash/insult and make rude jokes about Christians/God...
Yes I am a Christian and proud of it.. If you don't agree with it move on...
No one is forcing you to worship God. No one is forcing you to believe in him or the bible.

Just wish I understood why people do such things... 
ohwell.gif

Congrats. You believe the earth was made in 6 days and God rested on the 7. Never questioning why we even have a 7 day week in the first place. 
Don't act like speaking against God is allowed in the US. You guys want to stick religion in every facet of life. If you want to proselytize, why should you be allowed to do so without criticism? 

Its the same as when we make fun of the opposing political party ...or fat people. If you can't take the joke, maybe you shouldn't be part of the group being made fun of.  
grin.gif

laugh.gif
I'm not going to get into a whole religious discourse, but your reasoning in favor of disparaging religion is about as dumb as the reasoning provided by religious zealots in their attempts to proselytize. At the end of the day, each group is trying to force their beliefs upon the other, with little regard for human decency, and without an iota of respect for another individual's beliefs, and their right to have them. 
In layman's terms, your reasoning makes you sound like an intolerant, generalizing ("you guys") clown. Such that your reasoning can be applied to those who point to all Muslims, and say that they are all terrorists, all of them liable to blow themselves up at a moment's notice. Then when it is pointed out that such a ridiculous generalization is merely that, you would respond, "If you can't take the joke, maybe you shouldn't be part of the group being made fun of." Stay classy. 

What is your end game? To force people to abandon religion at the risk of having to listen to your incessant exhorts? Promote civil strife? Whatever it is, I hope it makes you feel better about yourself. 

I never understood why people insist on going out of their way to bash/insult and make rude jokes about Christians/God...
No one is forcing you to worship God. No one is forcing you to believe in him or the bible.

ohwell.gif

Congrats. You believe the earth was made in 6 days and God rested on the 7. Never questioning why we even have a 7 day week in the first place. 
Don't act like speaking against God is allowed in the US. You guys want to stick religion in every facet of life. If you want to proselytize, why should you be allowed to do so without criticism? 

Its the same as when we make fun of the opposing political party ...or fat people. If you can't take the joke, maybe you shouldn't be part of the group being made fun of.  
grin.gif

laugh.gif
I'm not going to get into a whole religious discourse, but your reasoning in favor of disparaging religion is about as dumb as the reasoning provided by religious zealots in their attempts to proselytize. At the end of the day, each group is trying to force their beliefs upon the other, with little regard for human decency, and without an iota of respect for another individual's beliefs, and their right to have them. 
In layman's terms, your reasoning makes you sound like an intolerant, generalizing ("you guys") clown. Such that your reasoning can be applied to those who point to all Muslims, and say that they are all terrorists, all of them liable to blow themselves up at a moment's notice. Then when it is pointed out that such a ridiculous generalization is merely that, you would respond, "If you can't take the joke, maybe you shouldn't be part of the group being made fun of." Stay classy. 

What is your end game? To force people to abandon religion at the risk of having to listen to your incessant exhorts? Promote civil strife? Whatever it is, I hope it makes you feel better about yourself. 

Originally Posted by HighMan

Originally Posted by Th3Ownly

i didnt find that funny or amusing at all

also these are metaphors, or an allegoroical account…

beasts and horns refer to nations...
except for when they felt the need to use the word "nation(s)" in Revelations several times when the frogs assembled the kings on earth to battle god... 
eyes.gif

i dont understand what is the point you are trying to make..
but in the book of daniel, when he sees the beast and an angel breaks the vision down… the beats refer to kings kingdoms nations etc
BEASTS AND HORNS...ARE....BEASTS...AND ... HORNS
Stop making metaphors dude. First you say its an allegory...then the term you use to refer to the allegory... gets used over and over again... the hell you talking about? 
roll.gif

you lack understanding… there was  nothing comical about what I said…
and if your up for it i gave you a book with a breakdown of what the vision means to a lesser degree…

but they wouldnt say things like this calls for wisdom / understanding if, this wouldn’t have been confusing to people...

except for when they felt the need to use the word "nation(s)" in Revelations several times when the frogs assembled the kings on earth to battle god... 
eyes.gif

but in the book of daniel, when he sees the beast and an angel breaks the vision down… the beats refer to kings kingdoms nations etc
Stop making metaphors dude. First you say its an allegory...then the term you use to refer to the allegory... gets used over and over again... the hell you talking about? 
roll.gif

you lack understanding… there was  nothing comical about what I said…
and if your up for it i gave you a book with a breakdown of what the vision means to a lesser degree…

but they wouldnt say things like this calls for wisdom / understanding if, this wouldn’t have been confusing to people...

ohwell.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif

Let the man believe whatever the *%%# he wants,you don't have to agree with it but quit trying to change how a person feels about their faith to how you feel about religion.

The religious bashing on NT is getting ridiculous
30t6p3b.gif

ohwell.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif

Let the man believe whatever the *%%# he wants,you don't have to agree with it but quit trying to change how a person feels about their faith to how you feel about religion.

The religious bashing on NT is getting ridiculous
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

eyes.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lemme guess the Lions in the den they put Daniel in actually represented all the city states of Mesopotamia.

Revelation was a vision… with an angel there to break some of the mysteries down…
it is possible that daniel in the lions den was a metaphor but that was meant to be literal..

eyes.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lemme guess the Lions in the den they put Daniel in actually represented all the city states of Mesopotamia.

Revelation was a vision… with an angel there to break some of the mysteries down…
it is possible that daniel in the lions den was a metaphor but that was meant to be literal..

Not gonna front using the legos was cool to illustrate

Revelations used to have me shook. Used to have nightmares.

Not gonna front using the legos was cool to illustrate

Revelations used to have me shook. Used to have nightmares.

eyes.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Revelations 22:8

[sup]8[/sup] I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. [sup]9[/sup] But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!

eyes.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Revelations 22:8

[sup]8[/sup] I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. [sup]9[/sup] But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!

eyes.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

how r you gonna follow something, when you don't know how to interpret it. this is NOT a good look for religious people at all. And I mean that with the utmost respect.

eyes.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

how r you gonna follow something, when you don't know how to interpret it. this is NOT a good look for religious people at all. And I mean that with the utmost respect.

Its time to start calling people out. Boo-hoo at the next man being hurt. Who cares any more?

Its isn't about right vs wrong. Its about what is real and what isn't. The bible and everything in it?

Ain't real.

Its time to start calling people out. Boo-hoo at the next man being hurt. Who cares any more?

Its isn't about right vs wrong. Its about what is real and what isn't. The bible and everything in it?

Ain't real.

Originally Posted by Kramer

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Ooo, one of my fave topics.

This is what I do not get, it is known and proven that these religious books were man made. Ok, no proof of God's existence or known facts how this universe was created, but I can ASSURE you these religious textbooks are fictitious and no different than Aesop's fables. Discovering and researching the history of it all is what made me Agnostic.

"And God said let there be light"

God did not write the bible, who writes about themselves in the third person.

Im not saying I understand the Bible perfectly, no one does. But God didn't "write" it, other people did, hence the 3rd person. It's believed that God inspired them to write such things though

Hmm were the Hindu religious texts inspired by God as well, or are people who write about God (in the case of the Hindus GODS) in other religions delusional.
Delusional? Not exactly. Wrong? I suppose so.
I don't really want to argue though, I can see why you would think that about the people who wrote the Bible as well.
I personally wish the Bible was a lot more clear and not so up for interpretation so these questions could be answered better
Is there really a difference? Its all semantics. You're trying to be P.C.
roll.gif
Say it like it is. Hindus are wrong. Christians are right. Woe...

Maybe because it wasn't intended to be read so intensely? 
eyes.gif
...or at all? Then again how would it reinforce itself if people couldn't pull other meaning from the text? 
grin.gif
 How about mentioning that this version of the bible isn't even the original one...maybe the translation is wrong? 
nerd.gif

This is what I do not get, it is known and proven that these religious books were man made. Ok, no proof of God's existence or known facts how this universe was created, but I can ASSURE you these religious textbooks are fictitious and no different than Aesop's fables. Discovering and researching the history of it all is what made me Agnostic.

Im not saying I understand the Bible perfectly, no one does. But God didn't "write" it, other people did, hence the 3rd person. It's believed that God inspired them to write such things though

Hmm were the Hindu religious texts inspired by God as well, or are people who write about God (in the case of the Hindus GODS) in other religions delusional.
I don't really want to argue though, I can see why you would think that about the people who wrote the Bible as well.
I personally wish the Bible was a lot more clear and not so up for interpretation so these questions could be answered better
roll.gif

eyes.gif
...or at all? Then again how would it reinforce itself if people couldn't pull other meaning from the text? 
grin.gif
 How about mentioning that this version of the bible isn't even the original one...maybe the translation is wrong? 
nerd.gif

roll.gif

eyes.gif
grin.gif
nerd.gif
When has anyone ever written a book that wasn't intended to be read
grin.gif
  And when people translate the Bible they do it from the original text, just a heads up

roll.gif

eyes.gif
grin.gif
nerd.gif
grin.gif
  And when people translate the Bible they do it from the original text, just a heads up

I read something about 25% of the existing hebrew in the dead sea scrolls or something can't be translated or something like that... i forget the details... can anyone help me out here?

I'm basically bringing up the point that modern hebrew is missing a lot of its meaning and it is often full of words and phrases with 2-3 meanings. Bad translations could be very easy.

I read something about 25% of the existing hebrew in the dead sea scrolls or something can't be translated or something like that... i forget the details... can anyone help me out here?

I'm basically bringing up the point that modern hebrew is missing a lot of its meaning and it is often full of words and phrases with 2-3 meanings. Bad translations could be very easy.

roll.gif

eyes.gif
grin.gif
nerd.gif
grin.gif
sometimes… 

Back
Top Bottom