this Thread about nothing thread is killing da whole vibe in general...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys in the TAN thread have always been cordial and laid back, so seeing some of the unnecessary insults
back and forth is |I Just as the argument against the thread isn't really that serious, neither is the argument for it...
Feels like spite is going to become the new troll...
I guess don't really want to see the thread gone, maybe restarted and reeled in a bit. Seems like the idea that it would need it's own
moderating sort of speaks to how much of a separate entity it's becoming no?

Last edited:
And then what if nothing changes Meth? Are you going to reopen the thread?

I know for a fact that sports and training hasn't taken a hit.

I only circulate general and sports to begin with.

I'm not expecting any miracles here, but we all care about the forums and the issue is worth exploring.  We don't need x% of our General regulars resenting y% of the General regulars over something stupid.  So, let's just settle it and figure out how to make things better.  

I suspect the thread just needs to be refocused a bit and hopefully then everyone will be happy, but the break will give us the opportunity to take a second look and see what - if anything - changes in the thread's absence.  

I think it'll be good for everyone in the long run. 

I'm not expecting any miracles here, but we all care about the forums and the issue is worth exploring.  We don't need x% of our General regulars resenting y% of the General regulars over something stupid.  So, let's just settle it and figure out how to make things better.  

I suspect the thread just needs to be refocused a bit and hopefully then everyone will be happy, but the break will give us the opportunity to take a second look and see what - if anything - changes in the thread's absence.  

I think it'll be good for everyone in the long run. 
:rolleyes
You're the leader so there ain't nothing we can do.
When does the thread get locked?

Last edited:
I don't know if it will make a difference, but I'm fine with giving it a shot... the fact is people do try to get away with things that aren't allowed to discuss on NT in TAN. And it's even "worse" when people don't report it and it goes on for several pages or pops up often enough. That doesn't really benefit General or TAN and it's technically breaking the rules of NT.

And I said it when people started discussing sports in TAN... we have an actual forum for that, it belongs there. The same can be applied to the tons and tons of music posted. I understand people like sharing bands and artists they like and that's been great for the followers of the thread, but there's no reason that can't occur in the Music section. Those same people who love discussing bands they like could do it in the proper forum. 

I'm not going to be as hyperbolic as ninjahood or use as many complex metaphors as he does so I won't complain that the thread is ruining General by any means.. but I can see the criticisms and I've had plenty myself of TAN (even though I participate in it, it's certainly not perfect).

Once it comes back, so long as members don't violate NT rules, keep shoes, music, sports discussion in their proper forums, and keep the wildly unnecessary "I'm going to take a dump" posts to a minimum, I think the thread will greatly improve and the critics won't have as much to complain about.

But I have a question meth how do you determine if general got better over that one week? What if those very same guys that are here complaining decide to actually start threads instead of *****ing about it ?
I can't believe ninja is getting his way cause he was crying :smh:.

To be fair the only part that I agree is when people be discussing music and posting videos **** gets annoying but overall that's about it. To say that a single thread cause the decline of NT general is ridiculous . People love to live in the past and try to compare to the present "oh NT is nothing like it used to be" . Before it was Trolls, then yuku , now A single thread ? I swear yall love to nit pick and look for a damn excuse for everything. Ninjahood you a straight girl B. Put your skirt down.

All I'm going to say on the matter is this; If the thread gets locked you cry babies better not ***** and moan about the amount of random threads popping up on NT.

You fools complain about one thing one day, get what you want, and then complain about it after because it wasn't to your "satisfaction".

Proof and point, NT switching servers. Dudes been *****ing about Yuku for years, get a new perfect platform and then ***** about the most random ****.
This is going to go the same way. Watch.

This is a ******g message board. It ain't too much to this. It ain't hard...
Don't like the Thread About Nothing? Fine, DON'T post in it. Make threads outside of it.

We all see that the breast, car, playstation, apple, android, dressing better, jewelry, etc threads all thrive. Why? Because they are threads with substance.

Dudes care so much about a thread providing "lulz" or waiting on the next big "harlem shake story" type of thread that they blame it on the TAN on why the General forums aren't moving.

Have you guys maybe thought thats a good thing? That maybe the TAN is a filter thread? Filtering out all the BS that is going to be posted after the thread is locked down?

Or how about those relationship threads that used to plague NT? What happened to those? Oh yeah, thats right, the TAN solved that.

How about all of those threads that dudes deemed weren't "thread worthy"? Oh yeah, TAN solved that.

Meth said its about to be a wrap on it, so whatever. He's the boss, and thats just how its going to be.

But it just seems like ever since NT made the server switch, dudes have just been complaining about EVERYTHING.

How about you guys step outside of General and actually go talk about shoes or something?

Last edited:
Preach Prime !but it's cool though. Now you know you want something around here? ***** like a woman and you'll get it. :smh:

Last edited:
Have you guys maybe thought thats a good thing? That maybe the TAN is a filter thread? Filtering out all the BS that is going to be posted after the thread is locked down?

Or how about those relationship threads that used to plague NT? What happened to those? Oh yeah, thats right, the TAN solved that.
its application =/= da result

TOO much thread worthy material was being sucked in there + things that should've gone on other forums were being put there by people who didn't feel da need or want

to go to da desired place.

i was SEEING it myself. those google pics, how isn't that thread worthy? giving out tickets to fellow NTers, how isn't thread worthy? and that was in da last few pages alone, id

cringe to find things i could've learned MONTHS ago had a thread been actually created for it.

when threads live and die on their own merit in general, it makes da whole section better off, conversation gets deeper, and entertainment and information is realized alot better and faster.

TOO much thread worthy material was being sucked in there + things that should've gone on other forums were being put there by people who didn't feel da need or want

i was SEEING it myself. those google pics, how isn't that thread worthy? giving out tickets to fellow NTers, how isn't thread worthy? and that was in da last few pages alone, id

cringe to find things i could've learned MONTHS ago had a thread been actually created for it.

when threads live and die on their own merit in general, it makes da whole section better off, conversation gets deeper, and entertainment and information is realized alot better and faster.

But you say that acting as if TAN is the ONLY remaining active thread in General.

If that thread was the only thread that was ever active, then I would share your point of view. But the Thread About Nothing has not slowed NT down in an way.

Dudes are still talking about Sneakers, Sports, Music, the sneaker showcase is still active, and the general forums are STILL active.

With all this time fighting against one thread, has anyone addressed the fact that we have 4-5 apple iphone related threads that are currently ACTIVE when there's already an official Apple iPhone thread?

Has anyone ever done anything to address how there were new TDKR threads popping up almost every other day over the summer when there was already an official DKR thread and a Comic book thread?

No, nobody addressed the fact that the General forums were OVER SATURATED with threads. Really, an Apple accessories thread? But nobody says a damn thing.

Also...

Screen+Shot+2012-09-23+at+11.53.39+PM.png

Screen+Shot+2012-09-23+at+11.53.44+PM.png

Screen+Shot+2012-09-23+at+11.53.50+PM.png

Screen+Shot+2012-09-23+at+11.53.57+PM.png

Screen+Shot+2012-09-23+at+11.54.02+PM.png

Where's the inactivity? Check the last post time and date.. all today.. All within the last few hours. It goes beyond the first page of the general forums as well.

Dudes are complaining about the WRONG things. There isn't anything wrong with TAN.

And just like I posted in TAN; If duds can have a thread dedicated to *******, we should be able to have a thread about nothing.

Ninja has a point even though I think he's going overboard, **** both sides are going overboard. I've probably gone in there maybe twice. It's just a bunch of BS in there so I don't even click it. I'm not knocking the people that post in there, just my opinion. Whether it gets locked or not NT is still entertaining to me.

My question is. Who the **** are you to deem what's thread worthy or not though ? If the person didn't feel,need to create a thread about it and they much rather just post in there. Who the **** are you to deem it's threadworthy material,though ????
Sit your *** down . You proven you a female that takes the internet forum,too serious :smh:. If they don't wanna create a thread that's on them. Not everybody wants e fame like you son. Chill, take a stroll away from your PC every once in a while.

Last edited:
And now it begins......

inb4 this becomes the Thread About Nothing for a week

Last edited:
Ninja has a point even though I think he's going overboard, **** both sides are going overboard. I've probably gone in there maybe twice. It's just a bunch of BS in there so I don't even click it. I'm not knocking the people that post in there, just my opinion. Whether it gets locked or not NT is still entertaining to me.

Thats just it though, is your NT experience being ruined because of one thread that you don't even care about? No...

So why is it that thread "ruins" NT for so many others? Like, is it really that big of a deal to have the thread? It isn't harming the website, nor its visitors.

TAN is one big random thread filled with random talk about stuff that wouldn't survive as a regular thread.

Half the time someone will post something and dudes will talk about it for a page and a half MAX. Then we move on to the next random topic.

Its like the dudes who don't go in the thread are the ones who say it should be shut down because of what they "THINK" is going on in there.

But in reality, ain't **** going on. Its just random BS, just like you said...

Welp see you guys next week, can't wait to see the exciting posts ninjahood can conjure up from the depths of his thimble room.

:smh: @ getting TAN locked.

Y'all got what y'all wanted...

Let's see how long its going to take for the "is this thread worthy" posts to start popping up

I didnt like you cause you black and dont want to admit it, now you just made it worse

watch your back

:smh: @ getting TAN locked.
Y'all got what y'all wanted...
Let's see how long its going to take for the "is this thread worthy" posts to start popping up

This

I swear, yah some females

Last edited:
this ***** ninja knows exactly what he's doing :lol:

it aint even about the thread about nothing, he just knew where to strike to get errbody up in arms

general is already more alive, can't wait to see all the nonsense during the lockout :lol:

yo meth you gotta lock this to to be fair. people can argue about it when the week is over

Last edited:

My question is. Who the **** are you to deem what's thread worthy or not though ? If the person didn't feel,need to create a thread about it and they much rather just post in there. Who the **** are you to deem it's threadworthy material,though ????
Sit your *** down . You proven you a female that takes the internet forum,
too serious
mean.gif
. If they don't wanna create a thread that's on them. Not everybody wants e fame like you son. Chill, take a stroll away from your PC every once in a while.
im da one taking da net too seriously yet you're yelling at me like i owe you child support.
grin.gif

since when is creating thread "looking for e-fame"?

thats how to properly discuss new topics b, so unless you thread about nothing stragglers trying to re-invent da wheel, thats how threads move, activity perks, and

general gets chirping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom