Do you support illegal immigration?

• Yes

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • I’m in the middle

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Yeah my mom works for the government. Not for me there is just so many weird rules :lol:

but there are def good government jobs out there and their benefits are super good. Her pto is crazy.

Ideally i dont like borders or these socially constructed titles of who is illegal on whose land.

realistically, i beleive there should be laws in place to properly allow immigrnats who want to become citizens to do so. also make it easy for those who are already here, whom are illegal, to become permanent residents or citizens.

and there are humane and dignified Ways to treat illegals.
As a tax preparer as my side hustle, i always bring up this fact, in these kinds of discussions, that many of my clients who are illegal pay taxes. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...undocumented-immigrants-pay-state-local-taxes

The disdain of illegals is rather sad and unfounded.

Ideally i dont like borders or these socially constructed titles of who is illegal on whose land.

realistically, i beleive there should be laws in place to properly allow immigrnats who want to become citizens to do so. also make it easy for those who are already here, whom are illegal, to become permanent residents or citizens.

As a tax preparer as my side hustle, i always bring up this fact, in these kinds of discussions, that many of my clients who are illegal pay taxes. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...undocumented-immigrants-pay-state-local-taxes

and hypocritical

There are led in place for citizenship of course. The process is just broke perhaps but slow for sure. And costly.

If they caught us slipping and they established a life here, it is what it is. Just let it slide at that point.

my co-worker was a super hard worker, paid taxes, always helped other people with carpentry/landscaping etc. he was told to check in with immigration occasionally but soon after trump was elected, they told him to start checking in more regularly and then one day they took him in and he got deported a week or so later. he had been in the USA since he was 3 years old and didn’t know anyone in samoa where they sent him. we all chipped in at work and sent him some money and he’s doing ok now but it’s crazy that he got sent to a country where he had no real connection to except he can speak the language.

i’ve always thought that was a crappy thing to do, especially since he paid taxes, worked hard, helped to support his mom in cali by sending her money, and he even had a girlfriend.

I’m for immigration
BUT
I’m NOT for illegal immigration
Wish the immigration process was better in general
SPECIFICALLY for people who just want an opportunity for a better life
That’s all I have to say about the subject

All of the undocumented people I’VE known are really here to make a better life for themselves and family. The narrative that they’re ALL killers & rapist is wild, but a great Strategy to put fear into people who don’t interact with them.

With all that said, there should be a process in place for low skilled workers coming into the US.

my co-worker was a super hard worker, paid taxes, always helped other people with carpentry/landscaping etc. he was told to check in with immigration occasionally but soon after trump was elected, they told him to start checking in more regularly and then one day they took him in and he got deported a week or so later. he had been in the USA since he was 3 years old and didn’t know anyone in samoa where they sent him. we all chipped in at work and sent him some money and he’s doing ok now but it’s crazy that he got sent to a country where he had no real connection to except he can speak the language.

i’ve always thought that was a crappy thing to do, especially since he paid taxes, worked hard, helped to support his mom in cali by sending her money, and he even had a girlfriend.

ur homeboy got bad advice ...as soon as your coworker realized his status (parents hide it from their kids sometimes) he should've made it his mission to get married or pay someone to marry him .

it would've been da fastest way to get naturalized.

as a person that went thru the whole system waited 5 years to come here waited another 5 to become a citizen the systems sucks, but the rules are the rules, illegals dont help no one. i have nothing against them but cheap labor and paying no taxes (i know some do) i live in a heavy illegal immigrant area. maryland . its 8 people in 2 bedroom app, is crazy bru. 10 cars in one house lol no one wants that in their neighborhood . their nice people for the most part tho, help each other out but i see why some americans dont want them here illegally

ur homeboy got bad advice ...as soon as your coworker realized his status (parents hide it from their kids sometimes) he should've made it his mission to get married or pay someone to marry him .

it would've been da fastest way to get naturalized.
It only works if you enter the country on a visa.
If you entered the US illegally, you're SOL. That's the case for a lot of dreamers who were brought in by their parents. There is no path to legalization for those who came in without an entry visa, and as soon as they leave to come in the correct way, the 10-year ban is triggered.

Any immigration ban is a de-facto lifetime ban, especially if you know how US consulates operate in countries that are not developed.

I don’t support illegal immigration at all. I completely support legal immigration and making it fairly easy for people of all skill sets to come to the US. I think the basic path to permanent residency visa status should take approximately 5 years and be that for 5 years you show you are an asset to society and not a burden.

Back
Top Bottom