Do you support illegal immigration?

• Yes

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • I’m in the middle

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
I don’t support illegal immigration at all. I completely support legal immigration and making it fairly easy for people of all skill sets to come to the US. I think the basic path to permanent residency visa status should take approximately 5 years and be that for 5 years you show you are an asset to society and not a burden.
You think 5 years is enough time to be on your feet?

You think 5 years is enough time to be on your feet?

I just said not a burden to society meaning they speak basic English, are filing tax returns, don’t have any misdemeanors or felonies. And some may not agree with the English part but to me I feel that if you’re choosing to make another country your home you should take the effort to learn the main language that’s communicated there. I moved to an asian speaking country and always felt bad when there were Americans / foreigners there that refused to even try and learn the local language.

And actually contrary to popular belief I feel that immigrants often have stronger community ties that help each out there than broke Americans. So, they have something impoverished Americans don’t have - group support. A lot of poverty stricken Americans are super lonely and have no family or community that can help them get back to the path forward.

It’s all a touchy subject so i’ll just leave it alone with 100% support easy legal immigration and 100% don’t support illegal immigration. The only reason people are “illegal” is because our “legal” way is way too complex and onerous.

I wouldnt exist, my dad swam here from mexico at 18,married an older white woman,they divorced because he wanted kids and she was too old,met my mother and had me and my brother.He speaks perfect english and sign language.

That's hard.

What was the path to becoming legalized for your dad? Someone earlier in the thread said marriage doesn't work if you came here illegally.

like a pipeline to place them into work upon citizenship?

No. Like let them come over and work if they don’t have a history of crime. But they would have to cap it to a certain about a people a year.

The system/infrastructure surrounding immigration is dysfunctional and slow. IDK if that's on purpose, lack of funding, or an overly stringent process, but given modern tech this shouldn't be that hard. I'm sure a background check, interview, and a few classes for integration purposes should be sufficient.

@thunderchunk69 as far as ppl becoming less liberal as they get older from my personal observations I've mainly noticed that applying to the white kids i went to college with, not as much among non whites.

it applies to all demographics... not to veer into another subject, but do your Homework on why Mayor Pete is essentially dead man walking as soon as da primaries head to da south with states with majority minority populations.

The system/infrastructure surrounding immigration is dysfunctional and slow. IDK if that's on purpose, lack of funding, or an overly stringent process, but given modern tech this shouldn't be that hard. I'm sure a background check, interview, and a few classes for integration purposes should be sufficient.
I just think a lack of attention and resources perhaps may be the reason. Honestly once someone applies for citizenship, al that should be done is a background check and bam. I don’t see why the process is so long but then again I don’t know the process

Illegal immigration? You meant to tell me that some violent, hypocritical idiots, those of whom used dishonorable tactics to emancipate themselves from a ruler in Europe? All while lying about the humanity and suffering of the people they claimed to own, then calling less than human?

The real reason Trump and the others are trying to connect themselves with Russia, is because america is becoming increasingly BROWN and BLACK. With a financial cushion coming from a country that is not bound by US rules of law, especially when resources begin to dry up? They themselves will have a cushion to lean upon, when things do get rough. More immigrants coming in to the US will make this tougher to do if they keep coming too quick, because there is no solid deal in place between american White people, and Russia.

This is all a ploy, immigrants are not the problem. White supremacy is, and then has always been the problem.

And building that border wall is dumb. People come here legally on VISAs and just overstay. I have some friends that came here this way.

da border wall is fine, as its a good deterant for drug smuggling, and human trafficking, plus good fences makes good neighbors...

overstaying visas is something i rather they not go crazy on cuz what you gonna do...look for cats like repo trucks lookin for folks behind on their car payments? :lol:

they need to relax da naturalization process and increase da quota another million..its been found that immigration increases GDP for da economy, plus you can customize it by making newly arrived people live in depleted counties in da interior of da country for a certain amount of time.

That's hard.

What was the path to becoming legalized for your dad? Someone earlier in the thread said marriage doesn't work if you came here illegally.

He obtained a green card and had to keep renewing til about 5 years ago he gained his citizenship,hes 63 now. He came here with his uncle and his uncle had 6 kids and all of them have college degrees,pretty impressive.

Does immigration also help the countries in which the people are emigrating from? I would like to believe that fewer citizens would mean fewer people to support but it would also mean less money going into their economy and less individuals in the workforce.

da border wall is fine, as its a good deterant for drug smuggling, and human trafficking, plus good fences makes good neighbors...

overstaying visas is something i rather they not go crazy on cuz what you gonna do...look for cats like repo trucks lookin for folks behind on their car payments? :lol:

they need to relax da naturalization process and increase da quota another million..its been found that immigration increases GDP for da economy, plus you can customize it by making newly arrived people live in depleted counties in da interior of da country for a certain amount of time.

At my job the objective is to identify illegals then seize him or her. If it is a Latino, European, or African person I usually get it done fast, but if it's a fellow Asian person I'll double back and look at other case files.

It only works if you enter the country on a visa.
If you entered the US illegally, you're SOL. That's the case for a lot of dreamers who were brought in by their parents. There is no path to legalization for those who came in without an entry visa, and as soon as they leave to come in the correct way, the 10-year ban is triggered.

Any immigration ban is a de-facto lifetime ban, especially if you know how US consulates operate in countries that are not developed.

If you are a U.S citizen and your spouse entered illegally
Your spouse may be able apply for a green card—but he or she must leave the United States in order to do so.

If your spouse entered the United States illegally but has been in the United States for less than 180 days, he or she could return home and apply for a green card through the U.S. consulate, just as someone would do if he or she were living abroad and applying for a marriage-based green card.

If your spouse has been in the United States for more than 180 days without legal status, he or she will be subject to a bar from entering the United States for either three years or ten years. To avoid this bar, your spouse would need to apply for a provisional waiver to be able to return to the United States sooner.

Couples in this situation generally need to do the following:

• Submit Form I-130 to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), making sure to indicate that your spouse will be applying for a green card from abroad.
  • If your I-130 is approved (generally about 6-8 months), you will typically get a notification from the National Visa Center asking you to submit the immigrant visa application and pay the immigrant visa fee. You’ll need a receipt showing that you submitted this immigrant visa application in order to then submit your provisional waiver application.
  • If your provisional waiver is approved (generally after about 6 months), your spouse’s visa interview at the U.S. consulate will be scheduled, and your spouse will need to travel to his or her home country to attend the interview.
If, however, your spouse has entered the United States illegally more than once, has entered illegally after having been deported, or has entered illegally after having been in the United States without legal status for more than a year, he or she is likely subject to a permanent lifetime bar to entering the United States. Click here for more information on the consequences of illegal entry.

If you are a U.S citizen and your spouse entered illegally
Your spouse may be able apply for a green card—but he or she must leave the United States in order to do so.

That seems like such a trap. I wonder how many of those applications in this situation would be approved

Back
Top Bottom