Do you support illegal immigration?

• Yes

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • I’m in the middle

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
we support law breakers at a higher level and we fail at comprehension. Immigration is the least of our concerns.
Stop projecting. I’m not included in your we. Who are you????

Digitally cosplaying a black person perhaps?
Because nothing you said is about black Americans

What’s with the myth people are lining up for government work?

Municipalities pay less than private companies these days and have an inferior pension and healthcare. At least that’s how it is here…

I work a government job in the winter and private sector in the summer. Government job is a retirement home and no new people are coming in. It’s not like the old days.

I’m talking about nyc CITY JOBS ONLY. Are you in nyc ?

Fellas, I’m currently watching Malcolm X in 4K and I encourage you all to put Rusty on ignore. PUT RUSTY ON IGNORE. Oh, I say and I say it again. You’ve been had! Ya been took! Ya been hoodwinked! Bamboozled! Led astray! Run amok! This is what he does! THIS IS WHAT RUSTY DOES.

DrizzyNYC DrizzyNYC
RustyShackleford RustyShackleford
I think its possible that you’re both right!
The numbers are what they are, and they don't support his claims.

If he can prove bias in studies on US immigration, if he can point to the specific legal loopholes that allow the NYC mayor to publicly hire illegal immigrants, and if he can show how asylum seekers are NOT legally present in the US, I'll stand corrected.

And according to DOJ statistics, of all the aliens stopped at the border and ports who were placed into removal proceedings to apply for asylum between FY 2008 and the fourth quarter of FY 2019, fewer than 17 percent were ultimately granted asylum. By contrast, 32.5 percent were ordered removed in absentia after they failed to appear in court.

Simply filing an application for asylum in removal proceedings does not convert an alien’s status or make the alien “legally” present. That said, DHS cannot remove an alien with a pending asylum application.”

Very interesting counter point about the lies they are spewing to fit their narrative.

Don’t worry they will call me a bigot because I’m keeping the same energy about ANYONE who illegally immigrates here.

This backs up what anyone with common sense knows happens. The very few that apply and are granted asylum will skip court anyway. The few that go have no real asylum claim and get deported.

Granting everyone asylum because their homeland is poor and messed up would mean most billions of people have a claim to come here. Completely unfair for the people who LEGALLY COME HERE AND FOLLOW THE RULES.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Illegal-Migrants-Who-Apply-Asylum-Are-Still-Here-Illegally

Now let’s see some proof that 8-11 million illegal immigrants have applied for asylum and been showing up at court dates…..

And according to DOJ statistics, of all the aliens stopped at the border and ports who were placed into removal proceedings to apply for asylum between FY 2008 and the fourth quarter of FY 2019, fewer than 17 percent were ultimately granted asylum. By contrast, 32.5 percent were ordered removed in absentia after they failed to appear in court.

Simply filing an application for asylum in removal proceedings does not convert an alien’s status or make the alien “legally” present. That said, DHS cannot remove an alien with a pending asylum application.”

Very interesting counter point about the lies they are spewing to fit their narrative.

Don’t worry they will call me a bigot because I’m keeping the same energy about ANYONE who illegally immigrates here.

This backs up what anyone with common sense knows happens. The very few that apply and are granted asylum will skip court anyway. The few that go have no real asylum claim and get deported.

Granting everyone asylum because their homeland is poor and messed up would mean most billions of people have a claim to come here. Completely unfair for the people who LEGALLY COME HERE AND FOLLOW THE RULES.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Illegal-Migrants-Who-Apply-Asylum-Are-Still-Here-Illegally
You know this says that the majority of people that apply for Asylum go through the process.

Applying for asylum at a port of entry is legal. If you are denied, or skip your court date, and remain in the country after getting a deportation order then you are illegally in the country. You are in the country illegally, the city of NYC can't hire them.

And it also points out that currently most applications get denied. So American government, even when ran by the Democratic Party, doesn't just let everyone in.

You don't even know this hurts your argument

You are just putting more of your ignorance on display in a weak attempt to downplay your bigotry

Stop projecting. I’m not included in your we. Who are you????

Digitally cosplaying a black person perhaps?
Because nothing you said is about black Americans
Foo i’m tongan and i don’t give a fuh if you blk white or chinese. Your said tax payer why i’m referencing as “we” so don’t play that race foolio card.

The very few that apply and are granted asylum will skip court anyway.
:lol:

You can't skip court and be granted asylum. In fact, skipping court is an automatic deportation. The same goes for the legal process: green card and citizenship. Skipping court with no justification will get your case denied and closed, and you don't want that to happen if you've spent the thousands of dollars immigrating here requires.

Foo i’m tongan and i don’t give a fuh if you blk white or chinese. Your said tax payer why i’m referencing as “we” so don’t play that race foolio card.
So wait you not even black and you got the NERVE TO TRY TO ASSIGN ALL THOSE NEGATIVE STEREOTYPES TO BLACK PEOPLE????

Guess the real bigots are showing themselves. Have a nice one sir. Conversation is done with you as well.

:lol:

You can't skip court and be granted asylum. In fact, skipping court is an automatic deportation. The same goes for the legal process: green card and citizenship. Skipping court with no justification will get your case denied and closed, and you don't want that to happen if you've spent the thousands of dollars immigrating here requires.
Read the entire article it explains how you all are conflating simply applying for asylum as being granted asylum. The few that apply people like y’all claim they have asylum here when they probably only applied and don’t ever finish the process.

You are intentionally trying to be deceptive and play semantics

People are so I'll informed about undocumented immigration. Last major reform took the hardline, and backfired spectacularly

After '90s immigration reform, the unauthorized population tripled​

But even though deportations exploded after the passage of IIRIRA, it didn't keep the population of unauthorized immigrants in the US from growing. It went from 5 million the year IIRIRA was passed to 12 million by 2006. (By contrast, during the decade between the Reagan "amnesty" and IIRIRA, the unauthorized population grew by only 2 million.)

These two things didn't happen despite each other. More immigration enforcement is one big reason why there are so many unauthorized immigrants in the US today.

A lot of this is because of the increase of enforcement on the US–Mexico border — something that was happening even without IIRIRA. Many unauthorized immigrants used to shuttle back and forth between jobs in the US and families in Mexico. Once it got harder to cross the border without being caught, they settled in the US — "essentially hunkering down and staying once they had successfully run the gauntlet at the border," as Massey and Pren write — and encouraged their families to settle alongside them.

Immigration reform needs to focus on giving people legally pathways to citizenship and Improving conditions in home countries. Just throwing money are border patrol and ICE isn't gonna do much.

So wait you not even black and you got the NERVE TO TRY TO ASSIGN ALL THOSE NEGATIVE STEREOTYPES TO BLACK PEOPLE????

Guess the real bigots are showing themselves. Have a nice one sir. Conversation is done with you as well.
The hell you talking about. I know about this stuff cuz i work in Social services bettering individuals, families and communities in city/county/State/non profit work, so miss me with your rah rah. Cats like you don’t know a damn thing. Talking about you know because of your social worker friends lol. f outta here

I don’t live in NYC but you guys are coming here to take our jobs as you’d put it.

Had like 4 guys start from nyc last summer. :lol:

Idc because we got plenty jobs to go around here.

Read the entire article it explains how you all are conflating simply applying for asylum as being granted asylum. The few that apply people like y’all claim they have asylum here when they probably only applied and don’t ever finish the process.

You are intentionally trying to be deceptive and play semantics
Play semantics?

You don't even understand the things you post. It's not my fault.

Do you know the difference between applying for asylum and being granted asylum? If you did, you'd realize why it is nonsensical to say what you said.

Do you know the definition of the term "removal proceedings" and why the stats about asylum seekers in removal proceedings do not apply to all asylum seekers?

A rising share of U.S. unauthorized immigrants apparently arrived in the country legally but overstayed their visas. Nearly all people apprehended while attempting to enter the country illegally at the U.S.-Mexico border are from either Mexico or Central America. This stands in contrast to the origins of visa overstays.

In recent years, immigrants from countries outside of Mexico and Central America accounted for almost 90% of overstays, and in 2017, there were more than 30 overstays for every border apprehension for these countries. Although the Census Bureau data Pew Research Center uses to estimate the size of the unauthorized immigrant population does not indicate directly whether someone arrived with legal status, the origin countries of immigrants in these sources provide indirect evidence. From 2007 to 2017, the share of newly arrived unauthorized immigrants (those in the U.S. five years or less) from regions other than Central America and Mexico – the vast majority of whom are overstays – increased from 37% to 63%. At the same time, the share of new unauthorized immigrants from Mexico fell from 52% to 20%.

Short-term residents decline and long-term residents rise as share of U.S. unauthorized immigrants

The decline in the arrival of new unauthorized immigrants in recent years has resulted in a population that is increasingly settled in the U.S. About two-thirds of unauthorized immigrants (66%) had lived in the U.S. for more than 10 years as of 2017, up from 41% 10 years earlier. Conversely, newly arrived unauthorized immigrants (those in the U.S. five years or less) accounted for 20% of the unauthorized immigrant population in 2017 versus 30% in 2007. For Mexicans, the pattern is even more pronounced. The vast majority (83%) of unauthorized immigrants from Mexico have been in the country more than 10 years, while only 8% have lived in the U.S. for five years or less.

Back
Top Bottom