• Yes

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • I’m in the middle

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
dool-days-of-our-lives.gif

aepps20 aepps20 is here famb. NEW PATRIOT ALERT!!!

https://www.nyc.gov/office-of-the-m...s-agenda-nyc-second-state-the-city-address#/0

He spoke about it here. Essential they will be fast tracked to working papers and then given free trainings to qualify for whatever.

While us the tax papers pay for it
This doesn't prove anything, and without proof, right now, I believe you are a liar

This document mentions asylum seekers but not in the context of fast tracking the for jobs. Most talks about that the city has been giving aid to the people bused there.

My opinion would change if you have actual proof but I find it hard to believe Eric Adams of all people are fast tracking people for jobs he doesn't know if they can legally work.

Furthermore, it sounds ridiculous to say that asylum seekers are draining the tax paying because they are being fast tracked for jobs. Even if it where true, city workers are tax payers too.

It makes no sense. Asylum seekers are a burden on the tax payer, while they pay taxes.

Do people really don't think their **** through

Last edited:
Bias studies that of course only include the sector of immigrants that contribute. They don’t include the millions of illegal immigrants that sign up for public assistance and the unveted criminals who come here.
What makes the most sense to you:

- come in illegally/overstay, and make yourself visible to the US government by applying for public aid or commiting crimes
- or make your money under the table and lay low?

Why do stupid narratives always take hold of folks' brains?

I’m against illegal immigration.

I’m for legal immigration. And an earn your right to stay here points program. Learn the language. Get a job. Pay taxes.

I don’t think it’s that complicated. We make it extremely complicated. People have no appetite to make hard decisions about resources. And now like everything else it’s a political talking point with extremist views and rhetoric.

Unrelated but this lack of hard decisions is overwhelming our cities. Visited SD, LA, and SF recently and it’s wild how many bums are everywhere and homeless. Our solutioning of these domestic problems is so terrible there’s no chance we have anything good in place for immigration policies.

This doesn't prove anything, and without proof, right now, I believe you are a liar

This document mentions asylum seekers but not in the context of fast tracking the for jobs. Most talks about that the city has been giving aid to the people bused there.

My opinion would change if you have actual proof but I find it hard to believe Eric Adams of all people are fast tracking people for jobs he doesn't know if they can legally work.
He literally spoke about giving illegal immigrants job training with the purpose of putting them into jobs. Isn’t that fast tracking?

There aren’t other group’s specifically being given free training to immediately being given jobs besides ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

That costs money, the tax payer will be paying for that. Along with the free programs they have been taking advantage of here.

Furthermore, it sounds ridiculous to say that asylum seekers are draining the tax paying because they are being fast tracked for jobs. Even if it where true, city workers are tax payers too.

It makes no sense. Asylum seekers are a burden on the tax payer, while they pay taxes.

Do people really don't think they **** through

They are draining the money because they are living for free, getting food stamps, getting cash assistance, now they will have free paid trainings etc.
That costs a lot of money. A lot for people who BROKE THE LAW AND CAME HERE ILLEGALLY as ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

They are a net negative. And let’s keep it 100, they will still work off the books pay no taxes to continue getting all the free programs. I know how the game goes. I have dozens of social worker friends

He literally spoke about giving illegal immigrants job training with the purpose of putting them into jobs. Isn’t that fast tracking?

There aren’t other group’s specifically being given free training to immediately being given jobs besides ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

That costs money, the tax payer will be paying for that. Along with the free programs they have been taking advantage of here.
It is illegal to give undocumented workers jobs

People that apply for asylum at the border are legal immigrants. Temporary allowed to stay in America before they get a trial regarding their asylum claim.

You fundamentally don't understand immigration laws

Secondly, I am convinced you heard dude say something innocuous, and but some extra sauce on it. Which is a nice way to say I believe you to be a liar.

It Adams is setting up a jobs program for Asylum seekers he can only give people legally allowed to work jobs, those who have been granted asylum or temporary rights to work. Which in turn would make them legal residents and tax payers

You simply do not sound like you know what you are talking about.

And until you provide proof that Eric Adams said he would fast track illegal immigrants to city jobs, everyone should look at you as at best ignorant and at worst a liar.

They are draining the money because they are living for free, getting food stamps, getting cash assistance, now they will have free paid trainings etc.
That costs a lot of money. A lot for people who BROKE THE LAW AND CAME HERE ILLEGALLY as ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

They are a net negative. And let’s keep it 100, they will still work off the books pay no taxes to continue getting all the free programs. I know how the game goes. I have dozens of social worker friends
You don't sound like you know what you are talking about

Yelling ignorance doesn't make it any more valid

This is just dressed up xenophobia

What makes the most sense to you:

- come in illegally/overstay, and make yourself visible to the US government by applying for public aid or commiting crimes
- or make your money under the table and lay low?

Why do stupid narratives always take hold of folks' brains?
They do both. Apply for govt programs, work under the table and pay no taxes….

Are we going to pretend like every contractor in nyc has a site full of illegal immigrants with no docs so he can pay them less then minimum wage….

Not only are they draining from not paying taxes they are also depressing wages because many people in the construction industry now have to compete against illegal immigrants willing to work for less then legal amounts plus they are further breaking the law by not getting all the proper certification and a blind eye is being turned to it for political reasons. Because no one wants to fine the Forman and arrest all of them for the illegal work.

It is illegal to give undocumented workers jobs

People that apply for asylum at the border are legal immigrants

You fundamentally don't understand immigration laws

Secondly, I am convinced you heard dude say something innocuous, and but some extra sauce on it. Which is a nice way to say I believe you to be a liar.

It Adams is setting up a jobs program for Asylum seekers he can only give people legally allowed to work jobs, those who have been granted asylum or temporary rights to work. Which in turn would make them legal residents and tax payers

You simply do not sound like you know what you are talking about.

And until you provide proof that Eric Adams said he would fast track illegal immigrants to city jobs, everyone should look at you as at best ignorant and at worst a liar.
No you are simply a liar and have a vested interest in this. These people are not Asylum seekers. They have not all applied and went through the process. They are ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS crossing at restricted areas.
You using these deceptive political terms, because you want to sugar coat it and not call them what they are. ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

No you are simply a liar and have a vested interest in this. These people are not Asylum seekers. They have not all applied and went through the process. They are ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS crossing at restricted areas.
You using these deceptive political terms, because you want to sugar coat it and not call them what they are. ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.
Good grief

It the link you provided regarding Adams' words, he is talking about asylum seekers

Do you know that someone can go to a port of entry and apply for Asylum. People caught crossing at undesignated areas get instantly deported. And those that make it through are subject to instant deportation and can't legally work. Especially for it a state job. Eric Adams can't hire them

You are ignorant and sound like a bigot

You don't sound like you know what you are talking about

Yelling ignorance doesn't make it any more valid

This is just dressed up xenophobia
No xenophobic is what they did to the Haitian immigrants who were really asylum seekers after the fall of their government….

They made sure they all went back in a month….
I’m calling out the double standard. We are keeping the same energy and we have proof this is a net negative on the country

No xenophobic is what they did to the Haitian immigrants who were really asylum seekers after the fall of their government….

They made sure they all went back in a month….
I’m calling out the double standard. We are keeping the same energy and we have proof this is a net negative on the country
I felt the way some Haitian asylum seekers were treated at the border was disgusting

So your issue is just with Latino immigrants, from Central America,? Who you falsely claim all enter the country illegally.

Ahhh, so you are a bigot

Got it

Good grief

It the link you provided regarding Adams' words, he is talking about asylum seekers

Do you know that someone can go to a port of entry and apply for Asylum. People caught crossing at undesignated areas get instantly deported. And those that make it through are subject to instant deportation and can't legally work. Especially for it a state job. Eric Adams can't hire them

You are ignorant and sound like a bigot
Have a nice one sir. If you are going to continue to lie and try to claim all 8-11 million ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS here have applied for asylum and that sanctuary cities are only dealing with those people and giving them govt programs then we have nothing more to discuss.
I know first hand this isn’t the case, and I know you have nothing to back up this outlandish claim.

Truth is nyc is cash strapped because undocumented people are here and they refuse to cooperate with deportations for political reasons. It’s why they are complaining about the busing because the border states were correct about the caravans of these people coming in and draining resources.

Calling me names like a bigot isn’t going to work. You aren’t going to shame me into supporting people breaking the law and illegal immigrating here.

Have a nice one sir. If you are going to continue to lie and try to claim all 8-11 million ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS here have applied for asylum and that sanctuary cities are only dealing with those people and giving them govt programs then we have nothing more to discuss.
I know first hand this isn’t the case, and I know you have nothing to back up this outlandish claim.

Truth is nyc is cash strapped because undocumented people are here and they refuse to cooperate with deportations for political reasons. It’s why they are complaining about the busing because the border states were correct about the caravans of these people coming in and draining resources.

Calling me names like a bigot isn’t going to work. You aren’t going to shame me into supporting people breaking the law and illegal immigrating here.
This convo started with you taking about something Eric Adams said/promised. And I am focusing on a honest description of his policy

You are a liar trying to cover his ***.

The surge of immigrants to NYC has been from asylum seekers in Texas being bused to NYC.

You want to move the goal post now to talk about all undocumented immigrants nationally.

The problem is, it has been researched that most of the **** you are saying about them generally is false. What you are saying about them in NYC is also false.

So you are nothing more that a bigot trying to sound reasonable

And there is no reason for me to respect you for that.

I honestly don't care to change your mind. But I think challenging your lies, ignorance and bigotry is worth it.

Last edited:
If all these people need to be sent back, I wonder why DrizzyNYC DrizzyNYC doesn't have an issue with Texas Republicans busing them across the country.

Further away from border control and their home countries

He talks about "political reasons" but it is funny he has little anger for the people sending asylum seekers to NYC. He pocketing the money the federal government gives them because they are a border state

Funny how that works

C68AB02C-4F93-471C-A5B7-ABD16FBB8E9B.gif

What’s with the myth people are lining up for government work?

Municipalities pay less than private companies these days and have an inferior pension and healthcare. At least that’s how it is here…

I work a government job in the winter and private sector in the summer. Government job is a retirement home and no new people are coming in. It’s not like the old days.

Back
Top Bottom