Thoughts on the Lizzo twerking at NBA game vol. This Why Rikishi trending

Please don't try to stigmatize that nor its associations. A lot gems get passed in there. It's the most cultured thread on this site. I don't necessarily care for everyone in there, but I do appreciate them all.
I never said there was anything wrong about posting in that thread. I am sure people get a lot out of it.

I am simply making a joke about those talking about the ills of rap music in here, also actively engage with the genre on other parts of NT.

People will try to inundate their children with educational programming yet still think violence in entertainment has little to no effect on impressionable minds. It goes both ways, children arent absorbing the positive and ignoring the negative by default.

Obviously people arent listening to rap in a vaccum, human psychology and learned behavior are complex, multifaceted phenomena as was pointed out earlier. To think the violence we entertain ourselves with daily has a negligible effect is speculative at best.

The issue is the generalizations given driven by bias. Yes Rap can have negative, and yes Rap majorly has a positive impact. It just isn't fair how ppl pick & get to pick apart the parts they like from it how they see fit. Even when they "compliment" it its microaggressive.

Again, when country music talks about getting wasted and driving drunk nobody cares, but when rap music talks about smoking weed it’s detrimental to the youth. There’s a huge double standard in all this. Carrie underwood had a song about destroying a man’s car and it was looked at its just harmless fun. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Again, when country music talks about getting wasted and driving drunk nobody cares, but when rap music talks about smoking weed it’s detrimental to the youth.

1629425536624.jpeg

Last edited:
Rap is also a super wide lane right now, it’s pop culture and then some…nobody forcing anybody to listen to some murder, sex, drug **** unless you want to…I can listen to cats rap bout pyramids and treating ladies as queens everyday for the rest of 2021 if I want to

Like Al said in Scarface “You need people like me so you can point the finger and say “that’s the bad guy!!” “

People truly like being a villain, narcissistic or head honcho, but only a few actually will admit it and live their truth! That’s how I view a lot of people who criticize hip hop and certain lifestyles. People want certain lifestyles but still want to appear wholesome. It doesn’t work like that. And never has.

It’s so many phony people out here with fake morals, it ain’t even funny.

Look at John Legend stupid a*** wife Chrissy Tiegan. A person like me saw right through the facade. She tried to act like the girl next door. Act like a darling. The media boosted her up until they realized who she truly was.

not gonna act like I never bump
**** like EST Gee or Lil Baby or some of the street local rappers round my way but that means I can’t acknowledge that I’ve seen ****** crash out or almost crash out from dumb *** mindsets they got from rap music?
They didn't get those from rap, though. Those mindsets are revealed in rap, not created through rap.

-foe

Lizzo the type of chick that cuts up at work, y’all be laughing and joking. She becomes your favorite person to kick it with at work. Until you try to holler at the receptionist. Then she in the bathroom crying because she thought y’all had something.

:lol:

1629470653240.png

1629470710694.jpeg

there was one of these (to maybe lesser degrees) at everybody’s high school. Rap music itself and most of the victims of what goes on in its subject matter is a result of socioeconomic factors but the environment it created thru it’s ethos results in things like this :lol: along with other **** that’s detrimental to ****** overall like Akademiks/WSHH

:lol:

1629470653240.png

1629470710694.jpeg

there was one of these (to maybe lesser degrees) at everybody’s high school. Rap music itself and most of the victims of what goes on in its subject matter is a result of socioeconomic factors but the environment it created thru it’s ethos results in things like this :lol: along with other **** that’s detrimental to ****** overall like Akademiks/WSHH

I don't think you understand the counterpoints.

Back
Top Bottom