Thoughts on the Lizzo twerking at NBA game vol. This Why Rikishi trending

This anything goes mindset is what's decaying society. Mascarade promiscuous behavior as female empowerment and wonder why women feel like they are only viewed as sexual objects. Downplay the effects of obesity while promoting "body positivity" and wonder why diabetes and other weight related issues are skyrocketing. I don't hate/dislike Lizzo as a person. I detest what she stands for. Accountability/consequence free behavior.

So what's causing all the fat men?

If it's really about health, isn't the unhealthy person already feeling the consequences? What else do you care or are looking for Doc?

There are literally male artists with big and fat in their names though.

BjOgfPdIcAAnOML.jpg

I think people are insecure and they see people like Lizzo, walking around appearing to not be insecure and it perplexes them. “How the hell can she walk around, looking like THAT and be happy with herself. I’m in way better shape and I hate myself. She should hate herself too.”

I think people are insecure and they see people like Lizzo, walking around appearing to not be insecure and it perplexes them. “How the hell can she walk around, looking like THAT and be happy with herself. I’m in way better shape and I hate myself. She should hate herself too.”
Like it's a travesty to be happy on journey, she should wait till she gets to the destination so we can find something else to use against her.

Wasnt the seizures due to drug abuse tho

Bad decisions are cumulative...not an "either / or" thing...he said it himself that his weight was an issue:

Still dont stop him from cashing them wing checks :lol:

Bonus:

Hard to find any artist realler than La Flare and even he had to face facts...Gucci Mane was literally killing Radric Davis

Last edited:
Eminem = Rapper

Mac Miller = Rapper

Lil Peep = Rapper

Heavy Metal = Fell off hard & even back then not known for telling white kids to kill each other (just themselves if they play the record backwards so the claim goes).

Country Music = Not exactly known for promoting violence. They more on drugs.

Isn't there a genre of music in Mexico that is about crimes committed by the cartel? = Reggaetón = Rap Music

China Mac = Rapper

Yes - all music "can" promote negativity but c'mon Fam. Rap got that on lock.

If Rap itself was a human being (Male or Female, White or Black or Asian or Latino) walking up to my car talking crazy it be hard for me to see the issue as one of "respectability politics" :lol:

Was Cardi B being "politically correct" or just looking out for her child?

You didn't quote or mention me but this is clearly a response to my post. So I will respond to it

The issue is not solely his criticism of rap music, he complaining that only black people make music with negative messages on it. The critique is not only on rap it is no black folk as well. My response was motivated by this comment...

Serious question: which white musicians are either making a fool of themselves or promoting dangerous/foolish behavior?

So yes, asserting that the issue with the black community is that they make music with what he views as negative behaviors in an issue of respectability politics, because of the racial aspect of it. He wasn't just making criticism of purely a musical genre.

Few things to clear-up too....

-I listed rappers of other races specifically to push back on the idea it is a uniquely black phenomenon. My point is, look at how many other races take part in it making the music with the messaging he called out. Dude also said

, despite each of those demographics making that type of music.

He is saying other races make rap music yet their songs lack the negative stuff. Just pointing out this is patently false.

-Heavy Metal that have bands that say flagrantly wild ****...

Cannibal Corpse, one of the most successful death metal bands, has sold over 2 million units worldwide and sings about topics such as murder, rape, torture, infanticide, decapitation and necrophilia. The sale of Cannibal Corpse recordings was even banned in Australia from 1996-2006.

From the Death Metal wiki...

The lyrical themes of death metal may invoke slasher film-stylised violence,[3] but may also extend to topics like religion (sometimes including Satanism), occultism, Lovecraftian horror, nature, mysticism, mythology, theology, philosophy, science fiction, and politics.[4][5] Although violence may be explored in various other genres as well, death metal may elaborate on the details of extreme acts, including blood and gore, psychopathy, delirium, mutilation, mutation, dissection, exorcism, torture, rape, cannibalism, and necrophilia. Sociologist Keith Kahn-Harris commented this apparent glamorisation of violence may be attributed to a "fascination" with the human body that all people share to some degree, a fascination that mixes desire and disgust.[19] Heavy metal author Gavin Baddeley also stated there does seem to be a connection between "how acquainted one is with their own mortality" and "how much they crave images of death and violence" via the media.[54] Additionally, contributing artists to the genre often defend death metal as little more than an extreme form of art and entertainment, similar to horror films in the motion picture industry.[6] This explanation has brought such musicians under fire from activists internationally, who claim that this is often lost on a large number of adolescents, who are left with the glamorisation of such violence without social context or awareness of why such imagery is stimulating.[6]

There was a big moral panic in the US after Colobine Shootings about Death and Heavy metal and their influence on young men. Especially Marilyn Manson.

There were other cases as well...

I think you are downplaying it here

-The songs about the Mexican cartels I mentioned are not reggaeton. I was referring to Narcocorridos, which most songs sound like folk music, not Bad Bunny

-Anyway, reggaeton originated in Puerto Rico and is an off-shoot of Jamaican dancehall. Dancehall dates back to the 70s, and is an off-shoot of reggae. It is not just rap music.

Last edited:
Never heard of Narco Music.

Wow.

Put me on to something new.

Was expecting:

Never knew this music existed.

So you mean to tell me all this time you had Chingo Bling's catalog up in your hard drive. Joints like these...

Not judging though. To each his own playa.
EzcnanZVEAEoN8O.jpg

Bad decisions are cumulative...not an "either / or" thing...he said it himself that his weight was an issue:

Still dont stop him from cashing them wing checks :lol:

Bonus:

Hard to find any artist realler than La Flare and even he had to face facts...Gucci Mane was literally killing Radric Davis

Gucci fat different tho. He didn’t gain weight from eating cheeseburgers in the bed. That was that lean. The weight falls off once you stop.

Back
Top Bottom