Thoughts on the Lizzo twerking at NBA game vol. This Why Rikishi trending

Floppy Disk Fam :lol:
breaking-bad-walter-white.gif

If you guys don’t believe in “plugs” then I don’t know what to tell y’all. These companies spend millions on tracking trends and they capitalize on it. I guess they do that just because 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
Rap Music Has No Negative Influence Vol. 37

His parents probably have 50 guns, do meth and heroin. That ain’t raps fault. Raise your kids.

you be so quick to blame rap on the behavior of white people like they ain’t been misbehaving for 400+ years in America. Rap started 40 years ago.

Newsflash, the world was a violent and f*** up place wellllll before hip hop

Serious question: which white musicians are either making a fool of themselves or promoting dangerous/foolish behavior?
You gotta branch out more b/c they get called out for doing problematic stuff all the time. They trend on twitter quite a bit. A fairly big indie artist I like Ariel Pink was literally in Washington to storm capital. Not only does he "look" like the exact opposite of type of person to do that, but he's a jew as well. Lizzo being a fat twerker isn't comparable insurrectionist. If Lizzo that **** she wouldn't have career rn.
1629394675426.png

Hell yea. The only time you heard the Gipp version was when you was in a very seedy after hours spot or they were playing a pre-recorded mix from an out of town DJ. I get supporting your own but…mannn the mfer wasn’t finna go nowhere in the rap game.

If you guys don’t believe in “plugs” then I don’t know what to tell y’all. These companies spend millions on tracking trends and they capitalize on it. I guess they do that just because 🤷🏽‍♂️
No one is questioning the existence of (plants), y’all were just using it wrong. Especially trying to be derogatory with. Can’t call a pop star a plant to put them down. That’s like telling a pig they stink. That’s what they do.

Hell yea. The only time you heard the Gipp version was when you was in a very seedy after hours spot or they were playing a pre-recorded mix from an out of town DJ. I get supporting your own but…mannn the mfer wasn’t finna go nowhere in the rap game.

No one is questioning the existence of (plants), y’all were just using it wrong. Especially trying to be derogatory with. Can’t call a pop star a plant to put them down. That’s like telling a pig they stink. That’s what they do.
What? Nobody used it in that way, just saying facts. Why y’all get so defensive about it is just odd

Boi stop. You ain’t said **** positive about no Lizzo. Y’all heard people put down folks in rap with it and thought it was universal.

Boi stop. You ain’t said **** positive about no Lizzo. Y’all heard people put down folks in rap with it and thought it was universal.
Why do I have to say something positive about her and what does that have to do with my statement? You’re wildly swinging but ain’t hit a thing :lol: again, the amount of defensiveness is just odd.

You gotta branch out more b/c they get called out for doing problematic stuff all the time. They trend on twitter quite a bit. A fairly big indie artist I like Ariel Pink was literally in Washington to storm capital. Not only does he "look" like the exact opposite of type of person to do that, but he's a jew as well. Lizzo being a fat twerker isn't comparable insurrectionist. If Lizzo that **** she wouldn't have career rn.
1629394675426.png

Where is Scooby at?

His parents probably have 50 guns, do meth and heroin. That ain’t raps fault. Raise your kids.

you be so quick to blame rap on the behavior of white people like they ain’t been misbehaving for 400+ years in America. Rap started 40 years ago.

Newsflash, the world was a violent and f*** up place wellllll before hip hop

black white yellow purple red green

it’s people of all races who let rap music **** their heads up

I hope all the people talking about the negative effects of rap music are not doing things like being active in the Rap About Nothing Thread.

***Checks post in the Rap about Nothing Thread***....

So what you’re telling me is I can’t enjoy Durk rapping about his dead opps AND want Lizzo to push healthy eating and exercise like Michelle Obama?

Didn’t think I would ever reach these crossroads

I hope all the people talking about the negative effects of rap music are not doing things like being active in the Rap About Nothing Thread.

you can enjoy rap and acknowledge the effect that especially Post-Keef rap has on folks. And maybe even moreso the aftermath of Keef. Kids in west bubble**** Talking about “opps” and “savages” lol

Although I’m mostly bumping 2000’s and early 2010’s **** or Ross, OutKast, Dom, pre Kardashian Kanye, 2000’s Wayne or Currensy, etc….

not gonna act like I never bump
**** like EST Gee or Lil Baby or some of the street local rappers round my way but that means I can’t acknowledge that I’ve seen ****** crash out or almost crash out from dumb *** mindsets they got from rap music? I’m not talking about the kid in the hood born into the ****** up circumstances he’s born into I’m talking about dudes that ain’t “have” to take certain routes :lol: or even how it’s turned a lot of women to City Girl Meg type ethos as an “answer” to the **** Future and whatnot be on.

we can enjoy rap music and also question why it has promoted what it’s promoted to our community for 30+ years going all the way back to **** like Jimmy Iovine and Death Row (as opposed to the Public Enemy type **** that preceded it).

Country/Rock has waned in popularity because white kids get those same feelings from Gangsta rap. Narcoriddims or whatever y’all put me on to that last time I had this convo, I guess that’s a thing but that’s not the same as the worldwide influence rap music has.

you can enjoy rap and acknowledge the effect that especially Post-Keef rap has on folks. And maybe even moreso the aftermath of Keef. Kids in west bubble**** Talking about “opps” and “savages” lol

Although I’m mostly bumping 2000’s and early 2010’s **** or Ross, OutKast, Dom, pre Kardashian Kanye, 2000’s Wayne or Currensy, etc….

not gonna act like I never bump
**** like EST Gee or Lil Baby or some of the street local rappers round my way but that means I can’t acknowledge that I’ve seen ****** crash out or almost crash out from dumb *** mindsets they got from rap music? I’m not talking about the kid in the hood born into the ****ed up circumstances he’s born into I’m talking about dudes that ain’t “have” to take certain routes :lol: or even how it’s turned a lot of women to City Girl Meg type ethos as an “answer” to the **** Future and whatnot be on.

we can enjoy rap music and also question why it has promoted what it’s promoted to our community for 30+ years going all the way back to **** like Jimmy Iovine and Death Row (as opposed to the Public Enemy type **** that preceded it).

Country/Rock has waned in popularity because white kids get those same feelings from Gangsta rap. Narcoriddims or whatever y’all put me on to that last time I had this convo, I guess that’s a thing but that’s not the same as the worldwide influence rap music has.
The socioeconomic, regulatory, physiological and historical conditions that cause more of the crime and violence in areas would still exist if rap vanished tomorrow

Those things are the major drivers of what we see, not rap music

Dude was using rap music to take a major general **** on black people, and instead of taking an issue with that people have instead chosen to move the goalpost to act like we are just talking about comparing lyrics between genres.

My issue is not with acknowledging that some people that rap lyrics too seriously, my issue is acting like rap lyrics are some force driving bad outcomes. Or rap lyrics signal a general lack of character among black people.

Also, may I add, since rap is so widely listened to, I think it is safe to assume that most people that listen to it don't commit crimes, or use hard drugs, or engage in negative behaviors. Yet, in these types of discussions, the minority and marginal cases are discussed like they are representative of the median or average consumer of rap.

Last edited:

Please don't try to stigmatize that nor its associations. A lot gems get passed in there. It's the most cultured thread on this site. I don't necessarily care for everyone in there, but I do appreciate them all.

The socioeconomic, regulatory, physiological and historical conditions that cause more of the crime and violence in areas would still exist if rap vanished tomorrow

Those things are the major drivers of what we see, not rap music

Dude was using rap music to take a major general **** on black people, and instead of taking an issue with that people have instead chosen to move the goalpost to act like we are just talking about comparing lyrics between genres.

My issue is not with acknowledging that some people that rap lyrics too seriously, my issue is acting like rap lyrics are some force driving bad outcomes. Or rap lyrics signal a general lack of character among black people.

Also, may I add, since rap is so widely listened to, I think it is safe to assume that most people that listen to it don't commit crimes, or use hard drugs, or engage in negative behaviors. Yet, in these types of discussions, the minority and marginal cases are discussed like they are representative of the median or average consumer of rap.
Dudes hate Rusty for being able to think critically and see beyond the surface. You ol smart *** *****.

Back
Top Bottom