Thoughts on the Lizzo twerking at NBA game vol. This Why Rikishi trending

i don't believe your contempt for conservatives are irrational.
I presume you come by them honestly. only you can decide what you feel the need to criticize or oppose.

I think this kind of cultural progressivism is mostly bad, so naturally I criticize people who engage in it.
but the implication of your post is I due to some irrational hatred.
Listen I read the story and I felt some of the points were extra, and the framing was bad to the point people won't get the most important part

White people used one slip-up as an excuse to **** on a black one unnecessary. Lizzo deserved some grace and the people that were willing to give it to her were not even considered

As you said, when you can't properly measure your criticism and you engage in a pile you, you just open the door for bad actors.

While a agree with a lot of the points cultural progressives make, mainly because cultural progressivism is a much larger coalition than people realize because America's institutions drive a lot of conservative outcomes. I will agree that some progressives get in their own way because the mental models they use to process situation makes them miss the most important part.

Listen I read the story and I felt some of the points were extra, and the framing was bad to the point people won't get the most important part

White people used one slip-up as an excuse to **** on a black one unnecessary. Lizzo deserved some grace and the people that were willing to give it to her were not even considered

As you said, when you can't properly measure your criticism and you engage in a pile you, you just open the door for bad actors.

While a agree with a lot of the points cultural progressives make, mainly because cultural progressivism is a much larger coalition than people realize because America's institutions drive a lot of conservative outcomes. I will agree that some progressives get in their own way because the mental models they use to process situation makes them miss the most important part.

this is why i don't see the point of meta argument.
I basically agree with you.

but instead we are going on about unfalsifiable points about motivations, alleged hypocrisies .ect

It's not that the standards are different, it's motivation.

I don't feel the need to post about conservatives
I generally don't feel the need to post about things that most people have said or agree with.
and in general "conservatives are bad" is my baseline expectation for life. so i don't see point in stating the obvious.

its not like this is network news and im going to give both sides equal time.

just because I post more about progressives doesn't mean that I think more highly of them
or they meet my standards and progressives don't.

i do this with every subject

I post lot about 1960's basketball because most NT basketball fans are wrong about the 1960's NBA.
I don't see how any of this is "unprincipled".
My point was not about you giving equal time to conservatives. You can post about whatever you like

It is about the specific things you take issue with progressives doing, which you will excuse someone on your side of the argument doing or will do yourself

This was my point here, that is if someone engaged with your ideas, in the same manner you did with the article, you would not have liked it.

Another example of this is in the past when someone posts someone a progressive said and you go off about it and I point out something was not specifically said and your comeback is "well the assumption" is. But then moments later you will criticize a progressive you have an issue with for making assumptions. Like disagree with people's points, find, but the fact someone is making an assumption shouldn't be out of bounds

Clearly, we will disagree as to whether this qualifies as unprincipled.

My point was not about you giving equal time to conservatives. You can post about whatever you like

It is about the specific things you take issue with progressives doing, which you will excuse someone on your side of the argument doing or will do yourself

This was my point here, that is if someone engaged with your ideas, in the same manner you did with the article, you would not have liked it.

Another example of this is in the past when someone posts someone a progressive said and you go off about it and I point out something was not specifically said and your comeback is "well the assumption" is. But then moments later you will criticize a progressive you have an issue with for making assumptions. Like disagree with people's points, find, but the fact someone is making an assumption shouldn't be out of bounds

Clearly, we will disagree as to whether this qualifies as unprincipled.

i just think you are flattening the nuance.
obviously we have to make assumptions, inferences when you are communicating

i think there are good faith assumptions that people can be wrong or right about.
that's fine, I don't criticize that

I'm usually criticizing what imo are dumb counter productive assumptions mostly used to stifle dissent
imo there is a differences.

Osh and Rusty just shut up and kiss each other already we know that’s what y’all wanna do instead of arguing. I can feel the sexual tension in each of ya posts

Rusty misses Ninja. He still is looking for a dance partner that brings out the best in him.
Ninja was a racist idiot what couldn't out debate a middle schooler. He brought out the worst in me on NT and I am happy dude got banned. He literally tried to argue with me about 21 days not equaling three weeks because that's not how calendars work in the real world.

I didn't like dude not because I liked to argue with him but because he said **** to me like say I am thankful for living in America or else he wished Trump would kick my family out of America.

But you ignored the racism because it got in the way of your jokes and trolling

Last edited:
ay i gotta say bout damn time is the only bearable song from her thus far

w that said im never turning that **** on

They were near the height of their popularity when Laurent sent a particularly elegant crystal flute to President Madison upon the occasion of his second inauguration. Its silver joint is engraved with Madison’s name, title and the year of its manufacture — 1813. It’s not clear if Madison did much with the flute other than admire it, but it became a family heirloom and an artifact of the era.

Back
Top Bottom