Thousands Rally Across the United States For Peter Liang, Cop Convicted In Brooklyn Stairwell Shooti

Not defending Liang whatsoever, but I, along with many other Asian Americans do see an issue with the sentencing.

Liang was made a scapegoat. This was the first NYPD cop to be convicted in over a decade, and it's interesting to see it was a minority

Liang ****** up and should be punished. The issue is whether or not he was punished because he's Asian.

That's it. No one I know is saying dude should have got off.

This case should be a wake up call for Asians. You can try to identify with whiteness all you want but at the end of the day in certain instances you will quickly be reminded that you're not white and a minority. These fools want to use the race card now and act like racist police lives matter protestors. It's the funniest ish...

I don't identify myself with whiteness fam. Not at all. Neither do any of my Asian friends. I'm proud of my heritage and culture. I know damn well who I am. Don't let the fact that we're known to be "successful" fool you into thinking other wise.

Last edited:
^ Many of the Liang supporters are actually saying he should have gotten off. Not you, but many of them are.

They are saying it was an accident so he should be free.

Last edited:
Not defending Liang whatsoever, but I, along with many other Asian Americans do see an issue with the sentencing.

Liang was made a scapegoat. This was the first NYPD cop to be convicted in over a decade, and it's interesting to see it was a minority

Liang ****** up and should be punished. The issue is whether or not he was punished because he's Asian.

I don't identify myself with whiteness fam. Not at all. Neither do any of my Asian friends. I'm proud of my heritage and culture. I know damn well who I am. Don't let the fact that we're known to be "successful" fool you into thinking other wise.
It seems like your only concerned with Liang not receiving the protections that come with whiteness rather than institutional racism in the police department. The civil rights movement wasn't just concerned with the rights of Black people but all oppressed and marginalized people. Laing was engaging in white supremacist activity when he shot ol boy thinking he was acting in defense of white supremacy, but he was showed fast that he's not white. One can be "successful", which is subjective, but still be targeted by white supremacy if they're not white.

I'm surprised that Asians are surprised that ol boy was punished, which makes me believe that many Asians felt like they were entitled to the protections of whiteness. Cops of color have been punished and treated differently for years, this is nothing new. Laing prob was indoctrinated by the blue code of silence and white supremacy and felt protected.

Had his folks told him that he can't behave like the white officers he may have not been in this situation. Instead, he prob was taught to believe that white is right and he's an honorary white and blacks are beneath him.You see how the unions didn't come out in huge support for this dude and he was thrown under the bus, in situations like this minority cops will most often always be used as the scapegoat. He got his minority wake up call. Most of the folks protesting are mad that dude was charged with killing a black, because many of them don't value black life and feel blacks are inferior.

Most of the outrage is disbelief that he didn't get away with killing a black. They feel since White police officers can kill blacks with impunity so Should Asians. Protesting this event is extremely insensitive and dissrespectful to black people, especially in a time when blacks are dropping like flies because of police violence, and goes to show that black folks really don't have any allies, although if it weren't for blacks many of the people holding those signs wouldn't have the rights to do so. White supremacy is something...

I don't feel sorry for Liang or any other minority treated like a scapegoat by a police department, it's actually funny to me. Many of these fools join the PD and end up becoming white supremacy supporters and become overseers of people of color. Good for Liang. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji].

Last edited:
This protest is just a reaction to things like Black Lives Matter.

It's a racial thing. All these other groups sitting around thinking 'what about us.' They took this as an opportunity...regardless of the validity of things.

I'm really kind of sick of this generation.

Yep.

:smh:

Last edited:
Most of the outrage is disbelief that he didn't get away with killing a black. They feel since White police officers can kill blacks with impunity so Should Asians. Protesting this event is extremely insensitive and dissrespectful to black people, especially in a time when blacks are dropping like flies because of police violence, and goes to show that black folks really don't have any allies, although if it weren't for blacks many of the people holding those signs wouldn't have the rights to do so. White supremacy is something...
All of this.

What other minority groups fail to realize is that as long as we (dark-skinned Americans) lose, so do that. As soon as Affirmative Action became law, who benefited? Everybody except white men, Civil Rights bill? Everybody except white men.

So as long as the majority minority race isn't winning, neither are they to an extent.

It seems like your only concerned with Liang not receiving the protections that come with whiteness rather than institutional racism in the police department. The civil rights movement wasn't just concerned with the rights of Black people but all oppressed and marginalized people. Laing was engaging in white supremacist activity when he shot ol boy thinking he was acting in defense of white supremacy, but he was showed fast that he's not white. One can be "successful", which is subjective, but still be targeted by white supremacy if they're not white.

I'm surprised that Asians are surprised that ol boy was punished, which makes me believe that many Asians felt like they were entitled to the protections of whiteness. Cops of color have been punished and treated differently for years, this is nothing new. Laing prob was indoctrinated by the blue code of silence and white supremacy and felt protected.

Had his folks told him that he can't behave like the white officers he may have not been in this situation. Instead, he prob was taught to believe that white is right and he's an honorary white and blacks are beneath him.You see how the unions didn't come out in huge support for this dude and he was thrown under the bus, in situations like this minority cops will most often always be used as the scapegoat. He got his minority wake up call. Most of the folks protesting are mad that dude was charged with killing a black, because many of them don't value black life and feel blacks are inferior.

I don't feel sorry for Liang or any other minority treated like a scapegoat by a police department, it's actually funny to me. Many of these fools join the PD and end up becoming white supremacy supporters and become overseers of people of color. Good for Liang. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji].

White supremacy? I don't get what Liang being an officer has to do with that, but ok.

Yes, I am concerned with Liang's sentencing as it relates to other officer involved death's. I'm not outraged because he didn't get off, I'm upset because out of all the officer involved deaths, this seems to be the most "accidental", yet he is sentenced whereas other aren't.

And to be clear, they were also protesting about Kizzy Adonis.

But look, at the end of the day, an innocent man lost his life due to a dumb accident and Liang should be punished for that.

Last edited:
These sick ***** Liang and Landau got their lawyers saying it was Gurley's fault he got killed in response to the civil lawsuit his family filed against them. These ************* got nerve. It's just so disgusting.

I mean you don't perform CPR cuz you say you don't know it but instead of rushing an ambulance to get dude you call your superior's cell on your cell so it won't be heard by everybody just so you can cover your as dude bleeds out.

I hope Liang doesn't make it out of prison.

These sick ***** Liang and Landau got their lawyers saying it was Gurley's fault he got killed in response to the civil lawsuit his family filed against them. These ************* got nerve. It's just so disgusting.

I mean you don't perform CPR cuz you say you don't know it but instead of rushing an ambulance to get dude you call your superior's cell on your cell so it won't be heard by everybody just so you can cover your as dude bleeds out.

How is that even a defense? He's a cop and "doesn't know CPR"? I hope nobody actually believes that a cop doesn't know how to perform CPR. Everyone knows how, or they should know.
That combined with calling his union instead of an ambulance :smh:
Gross negligence. Period.

Last edited:
serious question but how easy is it for one to become a cop in NY?
Depends how motivated and dedicated you are. You might see this as too much work

You gotta pass the test(s), pass the background test, interview well (ppl who live with you as well), physical, then it's off to training which apparently isn't that thorough and then you're a beat cop.

Last edited:
I do agree that the older generation of Asians have their harsh opinions but as they die out, I don't think that is something that will be passed down to the newer generation.

How is that even a defense? He's a cop and "doesn't know CPR"? I hope nobody actually believes that a cop doesn't know how to perform CPR. Everyone knows how, or they should know.
That combined with calling his union instead of an ambulance :smh:
Gross negligence. Period.

I know in CA cops are required to know how to perform CPR. I don't know about other states though.

What is the max,15 years?

If they wanted to show this dude mercy, give him 14

Congrats to all his supporters doe, white supremacy came through for you at the last minute :rolleyes

Last edited:
No surprise there. American gon' America.

Interesting: The DA is a black dude and the judge is also a Chinese dude.
Colon called on the judge to send Liang to prison, slamming Thompson, who is African-American, as a “hypocrite and part of a criminal justice system that continues to devalue black lives.”

Last edited:
Well his supporters got what they wanted, the same protections extended by a system that protects his white counterparts. Very strange stance when an innocent man just died.

mean.gif

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ets-house-arrest-probation-for-fatal-shooting

Such bull ****
House arrest for a fatal shooting 
mean.gif

Never ceases to amaze me how these police officers escape justice every time in the US.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom