Thread about Jesus - Questions, Bible Verses and Prayer Requests

Everything you posted had a human being change/do it. Show me undeniable proof God has done it. God made the sky rain frogs and blood. God parted the Red Sea, but now that it's all here for us to see God works in mysterious ways? Now God "uses" (more like needs) man to do everything for him?

Post specific manifestation of God to fulfill a prophecy. You posted vague "one day they will come back" (because it's bound to happen) claims.

Again, I'll claim that one day you will trip and hurt your hand and on that day you will find Jesus. That's not a prophcy, that's an eventual certainty

God used Moses to part the Red Sea tho. And it rained blood? Go 'read Exodus 7 for me. God made the rivers turn to blood. And You say you're well versed in the Bible tho smh. You will probably just dismiss it with something like I got mixed up or be like what does it matter, but if that was me.....well we all know how that would go lol.

Plus you always saying people won't answer Your questions but you haven't answered any of mine. Kinda hypocritical. So I will ask these again.

Do you know who wrote the Bible? Do you know how long it took to write the Bible? Where was the Bible written? When was it written? Do you know why there is an OT and a NT? What are some of there differences?

Last edited:
Faced with a logical question you simply can't answer, turn around and walk away. Nothing new here. You're smart for bouncing out of the God capable of being controlled by humans argument. It was not going in your favor at all
That wasn't a decided answer? What was it then?

laugh.gif
So you're telling me if I go back and scan your questions, their purpose won't be to generate an "I don't know"? If they are I can quote them all and type out" I don't know" if that's what you're looking for.

We ask questions as well in order to understand what the person who is questioning knows about what it is they are questioning and where the misunderstanding is. There has to be an understanding somewhere.

God used Moses to part the Red Sea tho. And it rained blood? Go 'read Exodus 7 for me. God made the rivers turn to blood. And You say you're well versed in the Bible tho smh. You will probably just dismiss it with something like I got mixed up or be like what does it matter, but if that was me.....well we all know how that would go lol.

Plus you always saying people won't answer Your questions but you haven't answered any of mine. Kinda hypocritical. So I will ask these again.

Do you know who wrote the Bible? Do you know how long it took to write the Bible? Where was the Bible written? When was it written? Do you know why there is an OT and a NT? What are some of there differences?

I asked you something, you respond with a question, you're complaining that I'm not answering your questions, but I'm hypocritical now? You've done a good job of deflecting. If you can't answer a question just say "I cant answer your question". Your Wikipedia and bible app copy and paste facts arebt impressive. Youve proven you blindly follow. Christians tend to do that since the bible say not to question no matter what. Throw away logic and just go with it I guess

Do you know who wrote the bible? It has literally been rewritten over time to integrate the teachings of kings and pagans. The original writings are no longer to be found. The bible has become the Wikipedia of holy texts. Couple that with different translations that don't even say the same things page to page what exactly are you quoting word for word now? The bible as you know it today IS NOT even the same one written thousands of years ago.

But again instead of answering a question you begin to complain about where the question came from and why you should even answer it.

Speaking of raining frogs, wasn't one of gods last test during that story having the people draw a symbol on top of their door so that he wouldn't accidentally kill their first born son? Seems pretty "all knowing" to me.

God "used" Moses but moses didn't physically do it himself like the "fulfillment" you've posted. In that story God also shot down a pillar of fire. You seem to be very selective with you bible quoting.

Last edited:
That wasn't a decided answer? What was it then?

:lol: So you're telling me if I go back and scan your questions, their purpose won't be to generate an "I don't know"? If they are I can quote them all and type out" I don't know" if that's what you're looking for.

We ask questions as well in order to understand what the person who is questioning knows about what it is they are questioning and where the misunderstanding is. There has to be an understanding somewhere.

again, you proclaim to hold the book that contains the truth of all things, you claim to be well versed in it, you claim to abide and know it. You get asked a simple question or is given a scenario and all of a sudden it's ask a question get a question time again. Then after you ask your question you don't even go back and address the initial question. Deflection at its finest

Last edited:
I asked you something, you respond with a question, you're complaining that I'm not answering your questions, but I'm hypocritical now? You've done a good job of deflecting. If you can't answer a question just say "I cant answer your question". Your Wikipedia and bible app copy and paste facts arebt impressive. Youve proven you blindly follow. Christians tend to do that since the bible say not to question no matter what.

Do you know who wrote the bible? It has literally been rewritten over time to integrate the teachings of kings and pagans. The original writings are no longer to be found. The bible has become the Wikipedia of holy texts. Couple that with different translations that don't even say the same things page to page what exactly are you quoting word for word now? The bible as you know it today IS NOT even the same one written thousands of years ago.

But again instead of answering a question you begin to complain about where the question came from and why you should even answer it.
You're gonna keep asking questions and deflect by NEVER EVER answering mine.  You ask if I know who wrote the Bible?  Of course I do.  Do you?  Because this is my third time asking you this question and you have yet to answer that or any other of my other questions.  Yet you continue to demand other to answer yours.  

Then you make these bold claims, but never back it up with any evidence.  When confronted about the claims you fail to address it.  Here's one from yesterday followed by my questions.  I have yet to see you post anything to back up what you say.  
Originally Posted by BLASTERCOMBO  

Bible says this and that....... The real argument is if the bible is even a credible source. The thing has been edited more than a wiki page over thousands of years. THAT is a fact.

Originally Posted by Phuzzy Badpheet  

No doubt.

Edited so that people can understand  it better.

lol
These are some bold claims.  But I'm sure you have evidence to support these claims right?  Can you answer these questions for me.  How do you know the Bible is edited?  How many times was it edited?  Who edited it?  What parts were edited?  Can you point to some differences from the original text vs what we have now?  

But I understand, sometimes people get busy or overlook things, so you have a chance to answer them again.  

Then we started discussing prophecies.  I asked the group if anyone has researched and what did they find?  Then you jump in the conversation to ask what I have found....ok.  So I posted just some of my findings.  Over 30 of them.  Here's your response:

Originally Posted by BLASTERCOMBO  

Everything you posted had a human being change/do it. Show me undeniable proof God has done it. God made the sky rain frogs and blood. God parted the Red Sea, but now that it's all here for us to see God works in mysterious ways? Now God "uses" (more like needs) man to do everything for him?

Post specific manifestation of God to fulfill a prophecy. You posted vague "one day they will come back" (because it's bound to happen) claims.

Again, I'll claim that one day you will trip and hurt your hand and on that day you will find Jesus. That's not a prophcy, that's an eventual certainty

Responses/Questions like these make you sound ignorant to the subject being discussed.  Here is the definition of prophet: a person who speaks for God, or a deity, or a divine inspiration.  It is a human speaking for God.  They are claiming that God has given them a message to tell to other people.  That message is called a prophecy.  These people are just predicting things that will happen in the future.  If you actually read the scriptures I posted next to each of the  prophecies I discussed you will see that the text says what will happen, but not how it will happen.  And you want proof that God has done it.  You say that God made sky rain frogs and blood (you never addressed it not raining blood, but that the rivers just turned into blood) and part the Red Sea.  So he certainly has the power to use certain people to make things happen.   Every thing I have posted is a specific manifestation of God.  Let's define the word manifest:  to make clear to the eye or the understanding,  to prove.  God told a person this event will happen.  That person tell others that God said this will happen.  Later on it happens or it is manifested.  They saw what God said would happen actually happen.  But that's not good enough for you though.  Is it that you want God to come down from Heaven so you can watch Him make each one of these prophecies be fulfilled with your own eyes?    

The as you called them, "vague one day they will come back claims" actually refers to specific people groups, specific regions in the world, specific events and in a some that are in a specific order.  What is vague about that?  I see you didn't refute any of those prophecies with a specific answer.  You had over 30 to choose from.  Not a response for one?  Side note, the ones I posted are just a glimpse of the prophecies the Bible speaks of, but I'm sure you know that.  You told me you were well versed in the Bible.  Now let's define well versed:  highly skilled, experienced, very knowledgable.  I have yet to see you post anything that is written in the Bible.  All the people I know that are well versed with the Bible always point to the scripture itself when making claims about it....whether they believe it or not.  

I'll address you last part of your post as well.  Here is what you said:

Speaking of raining frogs, wasn't one of gods last test during that story having the people draw a symbol on top of their door so that he wouldn't accidentally kill their first born son? Seems pretty "all knowing" to me.

First, I see you haven't addressed being wrong about it raining blood.  But I have also noticed another flaw in you statement.  You say that God made it rain frogs, yet the Bible says that God made the frogs come from the Nile (that's a river).  Exodus  8 will tell you this.  You probably have an answer for not one, but two of your misquotes from the Bible that you are so well versed in though.  Then you said that one of God had people draw a symbol on top of their door so he wouldn't accidentally kill their first born.  There is a few problems with that statement.  Here is where you are speaking from.  Exodus 11:4-8

So Moses said, “This is what the Lord says: ‘About midnight I will go throughout Egypt.Every firstborn son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn son of the female slave, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well.  There will be loud wailing throughout Egypt—worse than there has ever been or ever will be again.  But among the Israelites not a dog will bark at any person or animal.’ Then you will know that the Lord makes a distinction between Egypt and Israel. All these officials of yours will come to me, bowing down before me and saying, ‘Go, you and all the people who follow you!’ After that I will leave.” Then Moses, hot with anger, left Pharaoh.

Accident you say?  Seems pretty intentional from the text.  Sounds like God had a plan right?  Keep reading

Exodus 12:1-13

12 The Lord said to Moses and Aaron in Egypt, “This month is to be for you the first month, the first month of your year.  Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb for his family, one for each household.  If any household is too small for a whole lamb, they must share one with their nearest neighbor, having taken into account the number of people there are. You are to determine the amount of lamb needed in accordance with what each person will eat.  The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats.  Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the members of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight.Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they eat the lambs.  That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast.  Do not eat the meat raw or boiled in water, but roast it over a fire—with the head, legs and internal organs.  10 Do not leave any of it till morning; if some is left till morning, you must burn it.  11 This is how you are to eat it: with your cloak tucked into your belt, your sandals on your feet and your staff in your hand. Eat it in haste; it is the Lord’s Passover.

12 “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord.13 The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.

Still an accident?  God gave Moses very specific and direct instructions to what is know as the Passover.  You may have heard of it, but if not you can read the verses after the ones I have posted to discover more about it.  And what was the symbol you were referring to.  And you say I'm selective when quoting the Bible cause I didn't speak about the pillar of fire?  How does that even make sense?   I was correcting your mistakes about the plagues.  We haven't even gotten to that part yet.  Why would I even bring the pillar of fire when you already got the frogs and the water to blood wrong?   And yes, I know there were 8 other plagues in Egypt mentioned in Exodus, so no need for you to bring that up in your response.   

To be honest, I don't need you to address my questions about who do YOU think wrote the Bible or when do YOU think it was written or the others I have asked of you to answer a couple of times.  I already got my answers.  

Last edited:
let go n let God.
be respectful of each other. after all, even Christ doesn't force Himself on anyone, free will. be a light and pray for others, let God do the hard work and use you as an instrument if it's necessary, after all He's God, we are mere mortals. my 2 pennies. peace.

Christians I want a direct answer.  Stop deflecting my inquiries.   

How can people call themselves Christians and believe anything coming from the mouths of the nations which persecuted the righteous???  Do you people not see that the same people have snuck into the church and now infiltrate it top to bottom?  

My spirit cringes when I see guys make money off the word, especially when they call themselves Christians..   Jesus would never have made profit off of the word... only a devil would manipulate his teachings for profits...

That being said,

Why is Jesus birth celebrated with a Tree???

Jermemiah 10:1-4
[h3]  [/h3]
[h3]God and Idols[/h3]
10 Hear what the Lord says to you, people of Israel. This is what the Lord says:

“Do not learn the ways of the nations
    or be terrified by signs in the heavens,
    though the nations are terrified by them.
For the practices of the peoples are worthless;
    they cut a tree out of the forest,
    and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel.
They adorn it with silver and gold;
    they fasten it with hammer and nails
    so it will not totter.

Last edited:
Question.

If all men are natural born sinners, why should we trust anything that man has written down, in regard to the identity and true power of some supposed God?

If the Bible is factual, then even the good book suggests that man should not be trusted, because all men are indeed flawed, correct?

When was the last time that God, the perfect entity, has written anything down?

proof the bible is being edited you ask?

As most skeptics and atheists (as well as a number of well-educated religious believers) know, the Bible is a work of humans.  As such, just as any other book, it has been edited and revised quite a lot over the last couple of thousand years.  It’s not the purpose of this blog post to go into the details of who wrote what parts of the Bible when, nor will I get into the question of the numerous inconsistencies and contradictions contained within this supposedly “divinely inspired” book. (Though if you’re interested in those topics, I suggest starting with a basic primer on textual criticism of the Bible.)

Rather, I would like to address something which is easily verified by anyone: the fact that the Bible, contrary to the claims of many fundamentalists, is actually STILL being edited.  And sometimes these edits have made quite significant deviations from the “original” text.  Further, some of these edits have been made for what appear to be contemporary political purposes.
“You mean… it’s NOT the same as it was only 45 years ago?!!” — Image source
In order to prove my point, I would like to reference an excellent article on this topic from the Slacktivist blog over at Patheos.com titled “Mischief follows in partisan Bible translations”.   The basic point behind this article is that contrary to the claims of various fundamentalist factions that the Bible is unchanging and inerrant, it has in fact been edited quite recently.  Specifically, the evidence proves that the Bible has been edited for partisan political purposes on the issue of abortion as recently as the late 1970s (which is within the lifetime of many readers here!)  Read this excerpt from the Slacktivist article for more on this:
… As I noted earlier, this change in the words and meaning of the Bible is more recent than the introduction of the Happy Meal.

The New American Standard Bible is a popular English translation, a revision of the American Standard Version of 1901. It was completed in 1971 and then revised and updated in 1995. I want to highlight one major change in one passage of the NASB — a case in which the 1995 update alters — and is intended to reverse –  the text of the 1971 NASB.

Those dates are important in understanding the reason for this change. …
Now, let us look at the analysis of come critical Bible verses which have been edited in the context of contemporary views on abortion:
… That brings us to the text I want to highlight here as another example of politicized distortion via translation: Exodus 21:22-25.

Here is how Exodus 21:22-25 read in the New American Standard Bible’s 1977 revision of its 1971 original translation:

“And if men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she has a miscarriage, yet there is not further injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman’s husband may demand of him; and he shall pay as the judges decide. But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.”

You can see how this fits in the context of the chapter. Here is another category of victim for which another set of punishments for violence is given. If a pregnant woman gets struck “so that she has a miscarriage,” but is not herself injured, then the man who struck her must pay a fine. But if the woman herself is injured, then the same rules and punishments for striking any other (non-slave) person apply — “life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, etc.”

But here’s the same passage in 1995 in the updated current version of the NASB:

“If men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she gives birth prematurely, yet there is no injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman’s husband may demand of him, and he shall pay as the judges decide. But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.”

“So that she has a miscarriage” has been replaced with “so that she gives birth prematurely.” [emphasis added]
Wait… what?  Why the distinction between miscarriage and premature birth with no injury (presumably to the fetus/baby)?  Because this change in the text fits with the new view on abortion which started to pervade U.S. politics starting in the late 1970s:
… But something changed between 1977 and 1995 — something that had nothing to do with scholarship, language, accuracy, fidelity or readability.

American politics had changed between 1977 and 1995. It had polarized and radicalized millions of American Protestants, rallying them around a single issue and thus, as intended, rallying them behind a single political party.

In 1977, the sort of American Protestants who purchased most Bibles couldn’t be summed up in a single word. But by 1995, they could be: “abortion.”

And for anti-abortion American evangelicals, Exodus 21:12-27 was unacceptable. It suggested that striking and killing an unborn fetus was in a separate category from striking and killing a “person.” Strike and kill a free person, you get the death penalty. Strike and kill an unborn fetus, you get a fine.

And so in 1995, like those earlier translators who invented and inserted “Junias,” the translators of the NASB reshaped this passage. “She has a miscarriage, yet there is not further injury” would, in consideration of the changes in American politics since 1977, henceforth be transformed into “she gives birth prematurely, yet there is no injury.”

Politics — specifically, the political desire to control women — shaped the translation of that text. The translators changed the words of the Bible to make it seem like it supported their political agenda. They changed the words of the Bible so that others reading it would not be able to see that its actual words challenged and contradicted their political agenda. …
So the Bible is the “unchanging and inerrant” word of God Almighty, according to these fundamentalists who “read the Bible literally”… until, apparently, it says something that they don’t like.  And then, what’s the solution?  Apparently, the solution is to change the text to say what they want it to say.

Can anyone say hypocrisy?  If these so-called “literalists” are so willing to play fast and loose with the very text upon which they place to much emphasis, it’s almost enough to cause one to ask just how much of this sort of thing has been going on for the last 2000 years, and thus question the validity of much (if not all) of the Bible, isn’t it?

another

Conservapedia is a right-wing, American Christian website. They believe God is a harsh judge and a stern father. They aren't happy with the bible. They claim the bible has been 'polluted by liberals'

So they are writing a new version...

http://www.conservapedia.com/Conservative_Bible_Project

They openly admit that their new version of the bible will reflect their beliefs and that their aim is to re-write the bible so that  it doesn't contain things they don't like. We can see [link above], with our own eyes, a group of radical Christians forcing their political beliefs into the bible. Their plan is to stop, "the infiltration of churches by liberals pretending to be Christian"  That is a very dangerous, extreme statement, and these people are openly writing their own version of the bible!

Is this anecdotal evidence that the bible has always been twisted and re-written to suit the political flavor of the times. Is the bible really the unchanged message of God?

If Conservapedia believes they have the divine authority to  edit the bible, isn't it safe to conclude that, historically, many other groups have done the same? How can Christians claim the bible is the true word of God? The bible is clearly a political football kicked about by various groups, written and re-written again and again.

(And besides, if the previous versions were 'polluted by liberals', surely, logically, that means there has never been a clean version?)

one more just because

How often do we hear people “explaining” religious beliefs by stating “The Bible says so,” as if the Bible fell out of the sky, pre-translated to English by God Himself?  It’s not that simple, according to an impressive and clearly-written book that should be required reading for anyone who claims to know “what the Bible says.”

The 2005 bestseller, Moody Bible Institute in Chicago.  Bart Ehrman didn’t stop there, however.  He wanted to become an evangelical voice with credentials that would enable him to teach in secular settings.  It was for this reason that he continued his education at Wheaton and, eventually, Princeton, picking up the ability to read the New Testament in its original Greek in the process.

As a result of his disciplined study, Ehrman increasingly questioned the fundamentalist approach that the “Bible is the inerrant Word of God.  It contains no mistakes.”  Through his studies, Ehrman determined that the Bible was not free of mistakes:
We have only error ridden copies, and the vast majority of these are centuries removed from the originals and different from them, evidently, in thousands of ways.
(Page 7).  At Princeton, Ehrman learned that mistakes had been made in the copying of the New Testament over the centuries.  Upon realizing this, “the floodgates opened.”  In Mark 4, for example, Jesus allegedly stated that the mustard seed is “the smallest of all seeds on the earth.”  Ehrman knew that this simply was not true.  The more he studied the early manuscripts, the more he realized that the Bible was full of contradictions.  For instance, Mark writes that Jesus was crucified the day after the Passover meal (Mark 14:12; 15:25) while John says Jesus died the day before the Passover meal (John 19:14).

Ehrman often heard that the words of the Bible were inspired.  Obviously, the Bible was not originally written in English.  Perhaps, suggests Ehrman, the full meaning and nuance of the New Testament could only be grasped when it was read in its original Greek (and the Old Testament could be fully appreciated only when studied in its original Hebrew) (page 6).

Because of these language barriers and the undeniable mistakes and contradictions, Ehrman realized that the Bible could not be the “fully inspired, inerrant Word of God.”  Instead, it appeared to him to be a “very human book.”  Human authors had originally written the text at different times and in different places to address different needs.  Certainly, the Bible does not provide an an “errant guide as to how we should live. This is the shift in my own thinking that I ended up making, and to which I am now fully committed.”

How pervasive is the belief that the Bible is inerrant, that every word of the Bible is precise and true?
Occasionally I see a bumper sticker that reads: “God said it, I believe it, and that settles it.”  My response is always, what if God didn’t say it?  What if the book you take as giving you God’s words instead contains human words.  What if the Bible doesn’t give a foolproof answer to the questions of the modern age-abortion, women’s rights, gay rights, religious and supremacy, western style democracy and the like?  What if we have to figure out how to live and what to believe on our own, without setting up the Bible as a false idol–or an oracle that gives us a direct line of communication with the Almighty.
(Page 14).  Ehrman continues to appreciate the Bible as an important collection of writings, but urges that it needs to be read and understood in the context of textual criticism, “a compelling and intriguing field of study of real importance not just to scholars but to everyone with an interest in the Bible.”  Ehrman finds it striking that most readers of the Bible know almost nothing about textual criticism.  He comments that this is not surprising, in that very few books have been written about textual criticism for a lay audience (namely, “those who know nothing about it, who don’t have the Greek and other languages necessary for the in-depth study of it who do not realize there is even any “problem” with the text).

Misquoting Jesus provides much background into how the Bible became the Bible.  It happened through numerous human decisions over the centuries.  For instance, the first time any Christian of record listed the 27 books of the New Testament as the books of the New Testament was 300 years after the books have been written (page 36).  And those works have been radically altered over the years at the hands of the scribes “who were not only conserving scripture but also changing it.”  Ehrman points out that most of the hundreds of thousands of textual changes found among the manuscripts were “completely insignificant, immaterial, of no real importance.”  In short, they were innocent mistakes involving misspelling or inadvertence.

On the other hand, the very meaning of the text changed in some instances.  Some Bible scholars have even concluded that it makes no sense to talk about the “original” text of the Bible.  (Page 210).  As a result of studying surviving Greek manuscripts of the New Testament, Ehrman concluded that we simply don’t have the original words constituting the New Testament.
Not only do we not have the originals, we don’t have the first copies of the originals.  We don’t even have copies of the copies of the originals, or copies of the copies of the copies of the originals.  What we have are copies made later-much later.  In most instances, they are copies made many centuries later.  And these copies all differ from one another, and many thousands of places . . . Possibly it is easiest to put it in comparative terms: there are more differences among our manuscripts and there are words in the New Testament.
In Misquoting Jesus Bart Ehrman spells out the ways in which several critical passages of the New Testament were changed or concocted.  They are startling examples:

A.) Everyone knows the story about Jesus and the woman about to be stoned by the mob.  This account is only found in John 7:53-8:12.  The mob asked Jesus whether they should stone the woman (the punishment required by the Old Testament) or show her mercy. Jesus doesn’t fall for this trap.  Jesus allegedly states “Let the one who is without sin among you be the first to cast a stone at her.”  The crowd dissipates out of shame.  Ehrman states that this brilliant story was not originally in the Gospel of John or in any of the Gospels.  “It was added by later scribes.”  The story is not found in “our oldest and best manuscripts of the Gospel of John.  Nor does its writing style comport with the rest of John.  Most serious textual critics state that this story should not be considered part of the Bible (page 65).

B) after Jesus died, Mary Magdalene and two other women came back to the tomb to anoint the body of Jesus, according to Mark 16:1-2).  They were met by a man in a white robe who told them that Jesus had been raised and was no longer there.  The women fled and said nothing more to anyone out of fear (16:4-8).  Everyone knows the rest of Mark’s Gospel, of course.  The problem with the remainder of the story is that none of it was originally in the Gospel of Mark.  It was added by a later scribe.  Those additions include all of the following:

Jesus himself appeared to Mary Magdalene.  She told the eleven apostles (minus Judas) about this vision, but they did not believe her.  Jesus then appeared to the apostles, chastising them for failing to believe.  He tells them that those who believe will be saved and those who don’t will be condemned.  Then follows a critically important passage of the Bible.
And these are the signs that will accompany those who believe: they will cast out demons in my name; they will speak in new tongues; and they will take up snakes in their hands; and if they drink any poison, it will not harm them; they will place their hands upon the sick and heal them.
Jesus is then allegedly taken up into heaven and sits at the right hand of God, while the disciples go forth into the world to proclaim the Gospel in miraculous fashion.

Without the above passages (which, again, were not written by Mark) the Pentecostals lose their justification for speaking in “tongues.”  And the Appalachian snake handlers have no basis for their dangerous practices.

C) John 5:7-8 is the only passage in the entire Bible “that explicitly delineates the doctrine of the Trinity (that there are three persons and God but that all three constitute a single God):
There are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Spirit and these three are one; and there are three that bear witness on earth, the spirit, the water, and the blood, and these three are one.
Ehrman cites strong evidence that this Trinity passage was entirely concocted and foisted upon Erasmus by outraged theologians who needed support for their prized theological doctrine (page 81).

Ehrman reveals numerous other difficulties with the popular assumption that the Bible was perfectly handed down from its original written expression.

Many believers rely fervently on the King James version of the Bible, for instance.  They sometimes even say “If the King James was good enough for St. Paul, it’s good enough for me.”  Ehrman points out many problems with the King James version, warning that “we need to face up to the facts.”
The King James was not given by God but was a translation by a group of scholars in the early 17th century who based their rendition on a faulty Greek text.
(Page 209).

So what should we make of the Bible?  Ehrman argues that the attacks of the New Testament are not simply collections of obvious, self-interpreting words.  It’s the same problem we have with other important documents, such as the United States Constitution:
Texts do not simply reveal their own meanings to honest inquirers.  Texts are interpreted and they are interpreted (just as they were written) by living, breathing human beings, who can make sense of texts only by explaining them in light of other other knowledge, explicating their meaning, putting the words of the text “in other words.”
(Page 217) The scribes changed the original words of the New Testament by putting them in other words.

In my experience, many people who cherry pick excerpts from the Bible as the proper way to determine what is moral are in utter denial that we don’t have accurate copies of the original writings.   Most of them refuse to acknowledge that current popular versions of the Bible contain numerous discrepancies, even compared to the earliest manuscripts we do have.  This is on top of the fact that their are hundreds of patent contradictions in the English version of the Bible.  To most believers, none of this matters.  Stay the course!  In fact, in my experience most believers rarely read what the consider to be God’s own inspired word.

Ehrman’s book points out numerous troublesome issues that demand attention even assuming that the original writers of the Bible accurately reported the events described in their original writings (whatever those writings were).   The elephant in the room, however, is that none of the authors of the Gospels ever claimed to witness any of the events they were reporting.  Further, the extraodinary nature of Biblical claims demands extraordinary proof that ancient self-contradictory writings are simply incapable of providing, except to those of us who believe that the Bible is completely true “because it says so in the Bible.”

For all of those people who continue to go around clentching and thumping those Bibles they bought at Wal-Mart, and for all the rest of us who want to get the story straight, Ehrman’s Misquoting Jesus
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0060738170/?tag=niketalk0e-20 should be required reading.

[Administrator’s Note: More than 540 comments were quickly contributed to this post, making this page too long to download and display. Therefore, on March 23, 2007, I closed off new comments. Last night (February 4, 2009), I discovered a WordPress plugin that allows me to paginate comments, thereby protecting the site from the sudden and repeated load of 540 comments.   Here's the good news, then.   Anyone who has not yet had his or her say on Bart Ehrman's book may now jump in at the original post and post a comment.   That's right!  If none of the 540 comments that have come before you didn't address an important aspect of Bart Ehrman's book, you may now remedy that omission, right here in the comments to this original post.  Godspeed. ]

who wrote the bible?
[h1]Who Wrote the Bible?[/h1]
Many people contributed to the writing of the Bible. Actually, the Bible is a collection of writings from about forty contributors, thirty in the Old Testament and ten in the New Testament. For example, the Psalms are a collection of the works of several authors, of whom David, the "sweet singer of Israel", is the best known. But psalms were also written by Moses, by Asaph, by a man named Ethan, and by the sons of Korah.

The accounts which have been preserved in the Old Testament date from the earliest times and were both written down and communicated orally. As time passed, they were collected together and received by the Hebrews as coming to them by God's mandate. The prophets transmit God's message to humans, while many of the Psalms articulate cries of people to God. Both types of writing are preserved in the Bible as part of God's message to mankind.

The New Testament stories and teachings were widely circulated among the early Christian churches. The letters of Paul to the Christians in several cities were likely the earliest writings now found in the New Testament. But many other letters and epistles were circulated as well. Gradually it became clear to the early churches which writings were truly inspired and which were spurious or simply edifying messages from pious authors.

It is truly amazing that all forty of these authors, spread out over 1600 years, have such a unified message in spite of their great diversity in language, culture, and time. There is a reason for that! The reason is that these forty or so writers are all secondary authors. There is actually only one primary author, the one who inspired all the human authors, the eternal God.

Christians believe that the Bible came to us from God himself, who used all these human authors to give us His message, through the presence and inspiration of His Spirit. He did not simply give dictation to these authors, because we observe their unique personalities and varying styles of writing shining through. But God's message, God's authorship, is always there, providing exactly what He wanted us to have. In this way the Bible is our own ageless treasure.

lets apply higher thinking, logic, and reasoning to some of your claims

god has a plan right? ok, god had a plan for his original chosen people correct? what ended up happening to them? god had a plan for the devil right? was he not an angel? or did god want him to be the king of all evil? god had a plan for man right? they were to live in paradise with all other creations. what ended up happening to that plan?

you wish to argue but only within the bubble the bible allows. sadly that bubble does NOT allow you to think with logic and reason. you want to talk about gods plan for moses but not address the flaws in "gods plans" to begin with. you want to talk about the creation of the bible, but not address the flaws in its creation to begin with. you want to discus "gods  works" but fail to realize the those "works" were physically done by men.

does being this void of logic work with everything you do in life? do you trip and say "god just punished me"? does someone look at you wrong and you think "god will punish them for that one". do you get lost and think "this is all gods plan"? those who follow god end up being the most hypocritical people. if you dont think this way according to the bible you are going to hell.

Last edited:
interesting things about the bible

1. EXALTATION THROUGH HUMILITY (Jas. 4:10)
God has never been pleased with the proud, boa****l and over confident. We know that, Lucifer in his madness became Satan. He wanted to be exalted like God but he fell! The Most High God sees to it that all who will desire to be exalted out of His will & timing will ultimately fall. What a contrast Satan & his children are from Christ who humbled himself but was exalted! (Phil. 2:8-9).

2. STRENGTH THROUGH WEAKNESS (II Cor. 12:10)
In this passage we see that, of all the apostles, Paul received an abundance of revelation than all the others combined. Paul wrote 14 NT books including Hebrews or about 1/3 of the entire NT! With all his God-given privileges & advantages; there was always the possibility of being proud and over confident. So God allowed a “thorn in his flesh” which kept him lowly and ever dependent in God. Thrice he prayed for removal of the thorn but God said that His grace is ever sufficient. In this Paul rejoiced! Would you like the world to see the power of Christ rest in you? Then serve God faithfully in spite of sickness, trials, troubles. Rejoice in God! We all have weaknesses which God can use to make us aware of our limitations, and keep us humble and useful!

3. RECEIVING THROUGH GIVING (Acts 20:35)
The ultimate test of love for God & man is in giving something that we hold so dear. Giving is quite foolish to selfish people. The world’s philosophy is – It’s much better to work & work, save, earn all you can, get rich, keep & withhold! Some of the most miserable people on earth are those who take & take. Some of the happiest people are givers for they manifest God in their unselfish attitude. God Himself is the greatest giver (John 3:16). God will bless you beyond what you need so you may have the chance of becoming His channel of blessing! You may cheerfully & willingly give your time, talent, treasure for God’s glory and in return receive love, joy, peace, satisfaction, respect from men!

4. FREEDOM THROUGH SERVITUDE (Rom. 6:18)
Men think they are free since they are outside prison cells. The truth is there’s another form of imprisonment & bondage which is spiritual & moral in nature. Many are enslaved by fear, doubt, hatred, vices, and sin that add to life’s hardship. Friend, if today you are enslaved by sin & doubt, you can be free in Christ! Only in personally knowing Christ as Lord & serving Him can you be truly free from the devil, sin & the bondage they bring (John 8:32,36)

5. GAINING THROUGH LOSING (Phil. 3:7-8)
Materialism and love of money have always been the greatest hindrances to a personal living relationship with the Lord. People who are materialistic never have any thoughts of sacrificing & offering anything for Him who died & gave Himself

for them. After receiving Christ as Lord & Saviour, we need to accept the fact that we are to live a life of service and sacrifice for Him. Only then can we be truly satisfied. You can gain the whole world but lose your own soul (Mark 8:36; 10:29-30) or like Paul you can lose earthly opportunities but gain Christ & lay up treasure in heaven!

6. LIVING THROUGH DYING (John 12:24)
Jesus was foretelling his death. The corn of wheat that falls to the ground and dies also grows and becomes productive. This is an agricultural and a spiritual principle as well. Death to the old self is the first step to Christian growth and this principle is found in all the NT (Rom. 8:13). Death to the sinful nature means to be willfully against the works of the flesh, the mentality, philosophies and damnable superstitions of the world. God says that the flesh must be crucified with its sinful lusts (Gal. 5:24). The more you die to SELF the more CHRIST is seen in you! John the Baptist said that Christ must increase and we must decrease! (John 3:30).

7. FINDING THROUGH LOSING (Matt. 10:39)
People try to find the meaning of life in earthly pursuits, in trying to succeed & prosper, & in trying to enjoy their material possessions – only to find out too late that nothing on earth really satisfies the soul. Friend, without Jesus… life is meaningless for Jesus is the very essence of life. He is everything that your poor lost soul has ever longed for. Jesus will still be Lord and King even without you, but friend you are NOTHING without Jesus!

basically you can do nothing right according to be bible......... which is good.......... and bad at the same time

last post
[h3]God good to all, or just a few?[/h3]
PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

[Editor's note: Some readers have raised an objection to this alleged contradiction. They point out that PSA 145:20 states that The Lord keeps all who love Him, but that He will destroy the wicked. In other words, some see no contradiction between "The Lord is good to all" and JER 13:14. Others contend, however, that even if the Lord destroys the wicked he could do so with compassion, pity, and mercy. Further, there are biblical examples that indicate that the Lord is not necessarily "good" or merciful--even to those who are not wicked. One such example is Job. As one reader points out, "If Psalm 145:9 was not a contradiction of Psalm 145:20 or Jeremiah 13:14, it would read something like this: "The LORD is good to all, except the wicked: and his tender mercies are over all his works, except when He is punishing the wicked." In any case, the idea that the Lord is good and merciful is contradicted by countless examples in the Bible where God orders the destruction of infants, personally kills David's infant child, etc.]

[h3]War or Peace?[/h3]
EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

[h3]Who is the father of Joseph?[/h3]
MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.

[Editor's note: This contradiction has to do only with the father of Joseph, not with the father of Jesus.]

[h3]Who was at the Empty Tomb? Is it:[/h3]
MAT 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

MAR 16:1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

JOH 20:1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

[h3]Is Jesus equal to or lesser than?[/h3]
JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.

JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

[h3]Which first--beasts or man?[/h3]
GEN 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
GEN 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

GEN 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

[h3]How many stalls and horsemen?[/h3]
1KI 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.

2CH 9:25 And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.

[h3]Is it folly to be wise or not?[/h3]
PRO 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

ECC 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

1CO 1:19: "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

[h3]Human vs. ghostly impregnation[/h3]
ACT 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

MAT 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

[Editor's note: Jesus cannot be both the fruit of the loins AND the child of the Holy Ghost.]

[h3]The sins of the father[/h3]
ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

[h3]Rabbits do not chew their cud[/h3]
LEV 11:6 And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.

"Gerah," the term which appears in the MT means (chewed) cud, and also perhaps grain, or berry (also a 20th of a sheckel, but I think that we can agree that that is irrelevant here). It does *not* mean dung, and there is a perfectly adequate Hebrew word for that, which could have been used. Furthermore, the phrase translated "chew the cud" in the KJV is more exactly "bring up the cud." Rabbits do not bring up anything; they let it go all the way through, then eat it again. The description given in Leviticus is inaccurate, and that's that. Rabbits do eat their own dung; they do not bring anything up and chew on it.

[h3]Fowl from waters or ground?[/h3]
GEN 1:20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
GEN 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

[h3]Odd genetics[/h3]
GEN 30:39 And the flocks conceived before the rods, and brought forth cattle ringstraked, speckled, and spotted.

[h3]The shape of the earth[/h3]
ISA 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

MAT 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

Astronomical bodies are spherical, and you cannot see the entire exterior surface from anyplace. The kingdoms of Egypt, China, Greece, Crete, sections of Asia Minor, India, Maya (in Mexico), Carthage (North Africa), Rome (Italy), Korea, and other settlements from these kingdoms of the world were widely distributed.

[h3]Snakes, while built low, do not eat dirt[/h3]
GEN 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

[h3]Earth supported?[/h3]
JOB 26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

JOB 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
[h3]Heaven supported too[/h3]
JOB 26:11 The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof.

[h3]The hydrological cycle[/h3]
ECC 1:7 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

JOB 38:22 Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail,

Storehouses are not part of the cycle

[h3]Order of creation[/h3]
Here is the order in the first (Genesis 1), the Priestly tradition:

Day 1: Sky, Earth, light
Day 2: Water, both in ocean basins and above the sky(!)
Day 3: Plants
Day 4: Sun, Moon, stars (as calendrical and navigational aids)
Day 5: Sea monsters (whales), fish, birds, land animals, creepy-crawlies (reptiles, insects, etc.)
Day 6: Humans (apparently both sexes at the same time)
Day 7: Nothing (the Gods took the first day off anyone ever did)

Note that there are "days," "evenings," and "mornings" before the Sun was created. Here, the Deity is referred to as "Elohim," which is a plural, thus the literal translation, "the Gods." In this tale, the Gods seem satisfied with what they have done, saying after each step that "it was good."

The second one (Genesis 2), the Yahwist tradition, goes:

Earth and heavens (misty)
Adam, the first man (on a desolate Earth)
Plants
Animals
Eve, the first woman (from Adam's rib)

How orderly were things created?
#1: Step-by-step. The only discrepancy is that there is no Sun or Moon or stars on the first three "days."
#2: God fixes things up as he goes. The first man is lonely, and is not satisfied with animals. God finally creates a woman for him. (funny thing that an omniscient god would forget things)

How satisfied with creation was he?
#1: God says "it was good" after each of his labors, and rests on the seventh day, evidently very satisfied.
#2: God has to fix up his creation as he goes, and he would certainly not be very satisfied with the disobedience of that primordial couple. (funny thing that an omniscient god would forget things)

[h3]Moses' personality[/h3]
NUM 12:3: "Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth."

NUM 31:14, 17, 18: "And Moses was wroth...And Moses said unto them, "Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman, ... But all the women children ... keep alive for yourselves."

[h3]Righteous live?[/h3]
PSA 92:12: "The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree."

ISA 57:1: "The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart."

ACT 1:18: "Now this man (Judas) purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out."

MAT 27:5-7: "And he (Judas) cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. And the chief priests...bought with them the potter's field."

[h3]Jesus' first sermon plain or mount?[/h3]
MAT 5:1,2: "And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying...."

LUK 6:17,20: "And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people...came to hear him.. And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples and said..."

[h3]Jesus' last words[/h3]
MAT 27:46,50: "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" ...Jesus, when he cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost."

LUK 23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, "Father, unto thy hands I commend my spirit:" and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

JOH 19:30: "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, "It is finished:" and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

[h3]Years of famine[/h3]
II SAMUEL 24:13: So God came to David, and told him, and said unto him, shall SEVEN YEARS OF FAMINE come unto thee in thy land? or will thou flee three months before thine enemies, while they pursue. thee?

I CHRONICLES 21:11: SO God came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Choose thee. Either THREE YEARS OF FAMINE or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee;

[h3]Moved David to anger?[/h3]
II SAMUEL 24: And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

I CHRONICLES 21: And SATAN stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

[h3]The GENEALOGY OF JESUS?[/h3]
In two places in the New Testament the genealogy of Jesus son of Mary is mentioned. MAT 1:6-16 and LUK 3:23-31. Each gives the ancestors of Joseph the CLAIMED husband of Mary and Step father of Jesus. The first one starts from Abraham(verse 2) all the way down to Jesus. The second one from Jesus all the way back to Adam. The only common name to these two lists between David and Jesus is JOSEPH, How can this be true? and also How can Jesus have a genealogy when all Muslims and most Christians believe that Jesus had/has no father.

[h3]God be seen?[/h3]
EXO 24:9,10; AMO 9:1; GEN 26:2; and JOH 14:9
God CAN be seen:
"And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my backparts." (EXO 33:23)
"And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend." (EXO 33:11)
"For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." (GEN 32:30)

God CANNOT be seen:
"No man hath seen God at any time." (JOH 1:18)
"And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for there shall no man see me and live." (EXO 33:20)
"Whom no man hath seen nor can see." (1TIM 6:16)

[h3]CRUEL, UNMERCIFUL, DESTRUCTIVE, and FEROCIOUS or KIND, MERCIFUL, and GOOD:[/h3]
"I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy." (JER 13:14) "Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not, but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling."

"The Lord is very pitiful and of tender mercy." (JAS 5:11)
"For his mercy endureth forever." (1CH 16:34)
"The Lord is good to all, and his tender mercies are over all his works." (PSA 145:9)
"God is love." (1JO 4:16)

[h3]Tempts?[/h3]
"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham." (GEN 22:1)

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God; for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." (JAS 1:13)

[h3]Judas died how?[/h3]
"And he cast down the pieces of silver into the temple and departed, and went out and hanged himself." (MAT 27:5)

"And falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all of his bowels gushed out." (ACT 1:18)

[h3]Ascend to heaven[/h3]
"And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven." (2KI 2:11)

"No man hath ascended up to heaven but he that came down from heaven, ... the Son of Man." (JOH 3:13)

[h3]What was Jesus' prediction regarding Peter's denial?[/h3]
Before the cock crow - MAT 26:34

Before the cock crow twice - MAR 14:30

[h3]How many times did the cock crow?[/h3]
MAR 14:72 And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

MAT 26:74 Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.
MAT 26:75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

LUK 22:60 And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.
LUK 22:61 And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

JOH 13:38 Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, still thou hast denied me thrice.

JOH 18:27 Peter then denied again: and immediately the cock crew.

[h3]How many beatitudes in the Sermon on the Mount[/h3]
MAT 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
MAT 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
MAT 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
MAT 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
MAT 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
MAT 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
MAT 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
MAT 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
MAT 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

LUK 6:20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.
LUK 6:21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
LUK 6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
LUK 6:23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

[h3]Does every man sin?[/h3]
1KI 8:46 If they sin against thee, (for there is no man that sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them to the enemy, so that they carry them away captives unto the land of the enemy, far or near;

2CH 6:36 If they sin against thee, (for there is no man which sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them over before their enemies, and they carry them away captives unto a land far off or near;

PRO 20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

ECC 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

JO1 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
JO1 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
JO1 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

JO1 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

[h3]Who bought potter's field[/h3]
ACT 1:18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
ACT 1:19 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

MAT 27:6 And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood.
MAT 27:7 And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in.
MAT 27:8 Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day.

[h3]Who prophesied the potter's field?[/h3]
MAT 27:9-10 (mentions Jeremy but no such verse in Jeremiah) is in Zechariah 11:12-13

[h3]Do you answer a fool?[/h3]
PRO 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

PRO 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

[h3]How many children did Michal, the daughter of Saul, have?[/h3]
2SA 6:23 Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.

2SA 21:8 But the king took the two sons of Rizpah the daughter of Aiah, whom she bare unto Saul, Armoni and Mephibosheth; and the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul, whom she brought up for Adriel the son of Barzillai the Meholathite:

[h3]How old was Jehoiachin when he began to reign?[/h3]
2KI 24:8 Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. And his mother's name was Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem.

2CH 36:9 Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the LORD.

[h3]Marriage?[/h3]
Proverbs 18:22
1 Corinthians 7 (whole book. See 1,2,27,39,40)

[h3]Did those with Saul/Paul at his conversion hear a voice?[/h3]
ACT 9:7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

ACT 22:9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.

[h3]Where was Jesus three days after his baptism?[/h3]
MAR 1:12 And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness.

JOH 1:35 Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;

(various traipsings)

[h3]How many apostles were in office between the resurrection and ascension?[/h3]
1 Corinthians 15:5 (12)
MAT 27:3-5 (minus one from 12)
ACT 1:9-26 (Mathias not elected until after resurrection)

MAT 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

[h3]Judging[/h3]
1 Cor 2:15 "The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:" (NIV)

1 Cor 4:5 "Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God."

[h3]Good deeds[/h3]
Matt 5:16 "In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." (NIV)

Matt 6:3-4 "But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." (NIV)

[h3]For or against?[/h3]
MAT 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
(default is against)

MAR 9:40 For he that is not against us is on our part.
(default is for)

LUK 9:50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.
(default is for)

[h3]Whom did they see at the tomb?[/h3]
MAT 28:2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
MAT 28:3 His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:
MAT 28:4 And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.
MAT 28:5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.

MAR 16:5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted.

LUK 24:4 And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:

JOH 20:12 And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.

[h3]God change?[/h3]
MAL 3:6
JAS 1:17
1SA 15:29
JON 3:10
GEN 6:6

[h3]Destruction of cities (what said was jeremiah was zechariah)[/h3]
MAT 27:9 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value;

ZEC 11:11-13 (Note: There is nothing in Jeremiah remotely like this.)

[h3]Whose sepulchers[/h3]
ACT 7:16
GEN 23:17,18

[h3]When second coming?[/h3]
MAT 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

MAR 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

LUK 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

(See also 1TH 4:15-18)

[h3]Solomon's overseers[/h3]
1KI 9:23 550
2CH 8:10 250

[h3]The mother of Abijah:[/h3]
2CH 11:20 Maachah the daughter of Absalom

2CH 13:2 Michaiah the daughter of Uriel

[h3]When did Baasha die?[/h3]
1KI 16:6-8 26th year of the reign of Asa

2CH 16:1 36th year of the reign of Asa

[h3]How old was Ahaziah when he began to reign?[/h3]
2KI 8:26 22

2CH 22:2 42

[h3]The differences in the census figures of Ezra and Nehemiah.[/h3]
[h3]What was the color of the robe placed on Jesus during his trial?[/h3]
MAT 27:28 scarlet

JOH 19:2 purple

[h3]What did they give him to drink?[/h3]
MAT 27:34 vinegar

MAR 15:23 wine with myrrh

[h3]How long was Jesus in the tomb?[/h3]
Depends where you look; MAT 12:40 gives Jesus prophesying that he will spend "three days and three nights in the heart of the earth," and MAR 10:34 has "after three days (meta treis emeras) he will rise again." As far as I can see from a quick look, the prophecies have "after three days," but the post-Resurrection narratives have "on the third day."

:smile: This thread is still up?

-Questions asked- 50 hundred

-Answers Given- your question is answered with a question

Why is Jesus birth celebrated with a Tree???

Jermemiah 10:1-4
[h3]  [/h3]
[h3]God and Idols[/h3]
10 Hear what the Lord says to you, people of Israel. This is what the Lord says:

“Do not learn the ways of the nations
    or be terrified by signs in the heavens,
    though the nations are terrified by them.
For the practices of the peoples are worthless;
    they cut a tree out of the forest,
    and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel.
They adorn it with silver and gold;
    they fasten it with hammer and nails
    so it will not totter.
How can people call themselves Christians and believe anything coming from the mouths of the nations which persecuted the one they call The Son of God???  Do you people not see that the same rulers have snuck into the church and now infiltrate it top to bottom?  
#take2

Last edited:

This is why I cannot call myself a christian anymore. Once I actually read the Bible, I realize I was following mans traditions over the actual word of God.

Christianity should be about following the Messiah Yershua/ Jesus, but its been warped by Romans like Constantine and early church leaders and have adopted and incorporate pagan sun God
worshiping traditions and terribly diluted the faith. Its so blatant when you read the Bible, but Christians rather be comfortable in tradition than in truth.

They will make up whole ideologies (like dispensation, that are antibiblical ) to explain away why they do what they do. They will tell Yeshua/Jesus/ The Son/ God in the flesh cancelled everything
that he said to do in the old testament (which appears nowhere in the Bible contextually) But yet, God doesn't change tho.

If Yeshua is God, He can only repeat, affirm, and fulfill His law
If Yeshua is The Son, He cannot go against or contradict what the Father has established
If God hates it, Yeshua hates it too.

^ beautifuly put. They won't hear you though. Basic things like Christmas and Easter are being celebrated yet people say "I only follow the bible", or "I celebrate it but I do it for a different reason" it's all denial. People speak about the church being controlled by people for gain like it was done thousands of years ago and stopped but it's still going strong today

(2 Corinthians 9:7) . . .Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 
 Acts 20:35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.
That last line is always misquoted, and then misinterpreted, manipulated by these charlatans, those who claim to be men of god in the house of the lord.

What it really and truly means is that you should WANT to be able to be on the giving end, as opposed to needing to receive.

That is the real blessing, but these low down preachers, all of them, use this verse to guilt people into giving up their funds, some who cannot even afford it.

Funny thing is, Christians are no longer supposed to be under mosaic law anyway.

Tithes was food back in the day.

I get collecting money to maintain the place where you worship. But if there's excess, that should be available to those members who have need.
Bout to get your lights cut? Bout to get evicted? Emergency medical bills? Thats what the church should be for.
Not for Pastor Troy to floss.

My personal belief is that Pastor should have a regular job in conjunction with preaching.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom