Tim Tebow switched to starter for Denver (1st playoff win) Do you believe?

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild
3 minute mark on sums up this week's game.
laugh.gif

Brady said : "I'll see you again"
pimp.gif

Ska why so salty? He obviously wasnt going to beat the Pats
laugh.gif
At the end of the day the Broncos are atop their division and will most likely win out These
Last two games and maybe even win a playoff game . Most teams wont put up more than 20 on the Bronco D . Tebow wins point blank. Stop the hate sir.

Salty? Hate?

It's just like with Kobe early last decade, and Lebron right now, and plenty of other polarizing athletes: so many people got their minds all twisted into thinking that if someone says something that's not positive, it's negative.

positive = positive
neuteal = negative
negative = negative

Oh, and any criticism definitely makes you a hater.

Tebow is just the latest benefactor of these silly truths.
laugh.gif

Sigh...

Last I checked Tebow only fumbled once. And yes his D didn't show up in the end and he made a mistake. Like I said in my whole post those statements go both ways on both sides. My point was that now that he's lost everyone wants to jump on that he's the worst thing ever and it's all hype and blah, blah, blah. He's a quality athlete that has amazing potential but once again he's different so people can't figure it out and want to hate it and say that it's bad. That's what I don't get.

Lead me chime in here and state for the one TRILLIONTH time:  Majority of America hates the Tebow COVERAGE, they do not hate Tebow. No longer does anyone need to say "I don't get it."

We all know the drill here by now but let's review for the hell of it:  Yes it can go both ways. But this entire Tebow storyline is exactly what ESPN was banking on when they helped create him after his freshman year of college. Tebow has been a unique player playing a sport that is filled with talented unique players. He's had success. Others have had success. He's won games. Others have won games. He's been a leader. Others have lead.

Now here's where the mixup occurs:  Tim Tebow has been covered unlike any human being any of us have ever seen relative to what he has actually accomplished. And it's been an embarrassment for several years and has now reached a pinnacle. Now you may want to say, "who cares?" But America says, "why do we have to turn on ESPN, ESPN2, Sportscenter, ESPN.com, ESPN Radio, etc and it's 90% Tim Tebow and 10% the rest of the entire NFL." And it never stops. It's literally every single week.

(Want more reaction? Here you go. And just for effect here is another.)

As we all know, never a single mention about Denver's team, not a single mention about the details of how the games themselves play out. It's just "Tebow does it again." It's classic lazy journalism followed by blaring headlines that often have nothing to do with the actual game. "TEBOW DOES IT AGAIN" gets ESPN and the national media the clicks. "McGahee rumbles for the key run followed by Prater's clutch field goal" serves no purpose to ESPN and their 28 television shows.

The "hate" is not suprising in the least...it's a reaction to the absurdness of what is force fed and we as a society have always acted this way. Tim's just caught in the middle and wants nothing but to just play ball. But sorry Timmy you work for us now, shut up and play along. And if you ever find yourself in any sort of off-the-field scandal we will eat you alive and spit you out so fast you won't know what hit you.

He played absolutely horrendous today (minus 1 drive in the third quarter)...

That is what happens when he tries to fit throws in.. He throws picks... You wonder why John Fox or the play callers don't "Unleash" like Skip Bayless says, that was exactly why.

The only way the Broncos win games is if everything goes perfectly. Rushing has to go for over 200 yards.. Defense has to keep the other team to 2 TDs or less.

For reference the 133 Rush Yards put up by the Broncos would be 6th in the league if they did that every game..

The Broncos could have put the nail in the coffin in the first quarter after the Bills went into Broncos territory twice to have Rayner go Ray Finkle on the Bills. What did the Broncos do on the 2 drives after missed field goals (gained -7 yards)

And if we are going to say the defense for the Broncos didn't show up (They only gave up 61 more NET Yards.. With 20 being apart of it by Tebow losing 8 yards average on sacks, which is insane).

And 40 points comes from ( 14 off interceptions, 7 off of punt return). Hell the Broncos defense kept the Bills to 1 TD. 4 Field Goals.

The Bills even had 10 more yards in penalties.

Through the half Tebow had 25 yards passing.. And that is all that needs to be said.

It was just an all out horrendous game by Tebow.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Through the half Tebow had 25 yards passing.. And that is all that needs to be said.
Game in and game out this is the case. He pads his stats in the 4th quarter. Yes, the Broncos have made a lot of comebacks during that time this year. Some of which relied heavily on Tebow. But like you said, if this team isn't damn near mistake free before that, they aren't going to win. 
If BSPN is going to shove this dude in my face everyday, it may as well be for losing. I hope he's out of a starting job before the end of next year.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by Essential1

Game in and game out this is the case. He pads his stats in the 4th quarter. Yes, the Broncos have made a lot of comebacks during that time this year. Some of which relied heavily on Tebow. But like you said, if this team isn't damn near mistake free before that, they aren't going to win. 
If BSPN is going to shove this dude in my face everyday, it may as well be for losing. I hope he's out of a starting job before the end of next year.

I double checked.. He threw 100 passing yards from 53:20 of the game to 59:39 of the game...  At which time his team was down 40-14.

85 yards in 53 minutes..
laugh.gif

^ Wasn't Tebow. 'Twas the defense, which gave up a whole 7 pts. Unacceptable!!!

Broncos in the playoffs though. Dude had a few bad games; typical of a QB in his first full year.

Let's see what happens

Originally Posted by NooEra

It was truly sickening watching dude play today
30t6p3b.gif
just straight awful
laugh.gif

You think it was bad today champ, just wait till next week against the Steelers. Your boy is going to get crushed. It's going to be curtains for you and the rest of your Tebow brethren.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by Deuce King

This FRAUD let his team down yet again today. Where are all the Tebow lovers at now??

Dude was 6 of 22?! Who does he think he is, Kobe Bryant?
laugh.gif
I WISH. We mighta won tonight if he had shot that well.

I can't believe the way I was getting clowned in this thread a month or so ago for being critical of him. I had said that usually any game that comes down to winning or losing by a TD or less has an element of luck, so it wasn't just that Tebow was willing his teams to victory. Yes after that many wins early on you made some right moves, but I also mentioned the eye test. Also I was criticized for constantly taking Elway's position. I feel that ok maybe Tebow could win a Super Bowl, but that it would be lucky, which I guess sounds dumb. But the way I put it is that he will never be the favorite in every game on the way through the playoffs. Let me be nice and say he has a 1/15 chance of winning a SB. Elway should look for a better option when other guys have a 1/2 or with Aaron what was it a couple years ago? At least 90%? As a Dolphins fan it has becoming painfully obvious that the 1/15 doesn't come through very often and that you need to do anything to try to find individuals who have an extremely high chance of retiring with a SB. You cannot waste time with a Tebow type project if there's a possibility that any of that coaching can go to someone better. In a competent organization you have to dedicate your coaching to guys that have high ceilings.

Avg : 26th
Y/ G : 33rd
QB Rating: 27th
Completion %: 33rd (only starter to finish at under 50%)
Attempts / Game : 33rd
Points Per Game: 25th

Trailed in the 4th Quarter 10 of 11 games (where in 6 games his offense scored 10 or less.. 3 times they were 16points or less through 3 quarters)

Good Quarterbacking there

Back
Top Bottom