Tim Tebow switched to starter for Denver (1st playoff win) Do you believe?

Tebow Christ FTW! 
pimp.gif

On a side note, it still amazes me...after all the hype in college, not ONE team will let Brady Quinn cook?

Tavaris Jackson & Rex Grossman are starters, Christian Ponder's bum !*% is a QB of the future, but Quinn can't get a shot?

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Intangibles - a word reserved for caucasian QBs who don't have the prototypical QB traits.

"Tim Tebow may not have accuracy, but he has all the intangibles in the world."

"Matt Ryan can't throw the deep ball, but he has the intangibles that can't be taught."

"Kevin Kolb got that big contract not because of game film, but because of the intangibles he brings to the table."

I'm tired of this word.

amen1.jpg

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

And this my friends is why Tim Tebow will start for a long time in this league. He will be the first quarterback to be judged strictly on his record as opposed to stats. I guarantee he will succeed in the NFL as a starting quarterback. 

That's a bold statement champ.  Bold and reckless from my standpoint, but very bold nonetheless.

Just because you're sick of the word doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I think people are more annoyed that it's usage is a bit cliche at this point.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Dave Zirin made a point on OTL that the Denver area has a huge Evangelical population. This is to fill the seats. Can't knock the hustle but also can't shy away from it.

Makes perfect sense.
interdasting

He's a bad QB right now, there is no getting away from the fact. He may bring passion and a presence but that isn't going to win Denver games, especially with the players he has around him. He might be able to hide his deficiencies if he was surrounded by great talent but he has no one around him and he is not the type of QB that will make people around him better. At least not yet

Even starting this year without a full training camp under his belt, unfair to the guy.

Guy needs a shot to see what he can do, he does provide a spark to that team though.

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

Originally Posted by Durden7

He did put them in a spot where they had a chance to win the game.  Whether it was because of his play or not, its something Orton failed to do.
And this my friends is why Tim Tebow will start for a long time in this league. He will be the first quarterback to be judged strictly on his record as opposed to stats. I guarantee he will succeed in the NFL as a starting quarterback.

Thank you! I believe in my QB.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

That's a bold statement champ.  Bold and reckless from my standpoint, but very bold nonetheless.
And it goes against anything I've ever believed about a successful NFL quarterback. I just have a feeling that he can somehow get grown men to give more than they were previously. I know it sounds as odd as it looks as I type it, but the guy Tebow is something else.

My biggest problem with him is that he is inaccurate. I just feel the coaches can gameplan around his strengths and he can make enough throws to where his team can win games or is in a position to win games.

I can't stand the love fans have for this guy as a quarterback, he isn't good. I hope he starts the rest of the season, because people will finally see that he isn't worthy of a starting QB job. His slow release will get exploited and I expect him to get sacked an awful lot.

His delivery, and mechanics bother me so much. I remember watching that ESPN special they did about Tebow before the draft and how he said his changed his throwing motion and all his mechanics, then you see him throw and it's just horrible technique. A long release just won't be successful.

During the Sunday Night Football game this week they had a segment on release times, they showed Brady, Rodgers and Manning all with 0.30-0.33 release motions, Tebows has to be at least double if not triple that.

I'm just not a fan.

Tebow's best comparison is Vince Young. It won't be pretty but he'll win you games.

Denver is in a no lose situation. If he's good they have their QB of the future and made their fans happy. If he sucks, you know what you have, the fan base will be quiet and you are in a good position to have a top pick in a good QB class.

When/how did orton get so bad that he needed to be benched? Just two years ago he started 6-0 and
was playing well and even last year he was putting up big numbers in the begginning of the season.
What happened? (I haven't seen too much of the Broncos lately)

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Tebow Christ FTW! 
pimp.gif

On a side note, it still amazes me...after all the hype in college, not ONE team will let Brady Quinn cook?

Tavaris Jackson & Rex Grossman are starters, Christian Ponder's bum !*% is a QB of the future, but Quinn can't get a shot?

Its crazy. I hope he gets a shot.

I hope Tebow does well. Sports and Training will implode.
eek.gif

Brady Quinn should request to be traded.

its messed up how he's the #2 QB and doesnt even get a chance
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by AG 47

Intangibles - a word reserved for caucasian QBs who don't have the prototypical QB traits.

"Matt Ryan can't throw the deep ball, but he has the intangibles that can't be taught."

"Kevin Kolb got that big contract not because of game film, but because of the intangibles he brings to the table."

I'm tired of this word.

amen1.jpg

word...if dude was black i dont even think he woulda got drafted,at least not on the 1st day. & my homeboy who play in the sec say tebow be cussin up a storm on the field, i thought buddy was a super christian
laugh.gif

Brady Quinn is garbage.

Orton throws for some good numbers, but those stats are empty in the fact that they don't amount to much winning. The Broncos great start last year was an aberration.

Originally Posted by eashawty

Originally Posted by AG 47

I'm tired of this word.

amen1.jpg

word...if dude was black i dont even think he woulda got drafted,at least not on the 1st day. 

He might have been drafted but it would have been super late, just like Tyrod was. Unorthodox white QB = intangibles. Unorthodox black QB = you better be good at another position
laugh.gif

i dont hate tebow but i wont ever be a huge fan because of his agenda and the way the media tells me that i'd be a better person for meeting him

that said, it's an obvious choice he should start

Back
Top Bottom