Tim Tebow switched to starter for Denver (1st playoff win) Do you believe?

I agree they're definitely doing it just to shut Broncos fans up. I didn't hear Elway, but Fox sounded like he's already gave up.....but then again John Fox always kinda sounds like that. I wouldn't be completely suprised if the Broncos do turn it around though. They're really not a bad team at all. I bet the Chiefs and Broncos both turn it around to have decent seasons. I'll say they both end up 7-9 or 8-8. I think you'll see Knowshon Moreno start to benefit alot from Tebow because of all his dump offs.

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Originally Posted by AG 47

His leadership abilities for starters.

Some of you dudes act like nonchalantly sitting in the huddle/going trough the motions and showing your passion/desire/confidence to win has no effect on a team.  Especially in the Broncos' case.

Have you ever played football?  Serious question.  That stuff is infectious if it's natural.

I've always been lukewarm on Tim, but all the doubters have me in his corner at this point.

I'm not even saying he's gonna be good.
How are dudes gonna simply dismiss the fact that Tim Tebow can't throw a #%+**#! football?
Never said he can.
laugh.gif

Leadership. Oh.

What about having the necessary skillset to be successful as a QB at the pro level?

Being able to simply take a snap under center...let's not talk about making reads, going through your progressions. He's a leader though so all that'll just happen.

What about when that pocket collapses? Can he move his feet and accurately hit a target? Or I guess he'll just lead the football to his receivers.

Mechanics? Throwing Motion? These have been questioned in the past and I've seen nothing to answer that.

There's no doubt that anybody who puts the time in can improve upon the first part of the equation (reading defenses and developing chemistry with receivers), but accuracy

is another story.
You asked a question and I gave you an answer. 

%++% outta here w/ all the mechanics nonsense, nobody in here is vouching for him on that front.

He's produced every time he's gotten in so far (more than Brady Quinn can say), so let's see what he can do instead of jumping to conclusions.

I asked you to name these intangibles you speak of. All you had for me was "leadership". The fact that he plays with desire and confidence. Holy @%!!. Desire and confidence!!??? That's what you need to be successful at the pro-level? Desire and Confidence? EVERY QB has a desire to win and confidence in their ability. Ain't that implied as an ability at the pro-level? Desire. Confidence. His zest for football inspires his teammates to try harder? His zeal motivates them to run faster.

All of his passion, confidence, and desire will mean little if he continues to short arm passes into the grass 3 feet in front of his receivers.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

It's just that the negative opinions on the guy are based on a false understanding or a resentment towards a word that DOES exist in the realm of sports

A word that shouldn't exist. Aaron Rodgers is winning because of his intangibles.
pimp.gif

Or, it could be the fact that he has a great arm, can make throws all over the field, can move in the pocket... you know, do things on a football field that equate to wins... but nah, it's his "intangibles."

Same with Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady. Showing passion and love of the game can only get you so far... you've got to, you know, be a QB at some point. They display leadership skills because, guess what? IT'S WHAT A QB DOES! But in Tim Tebow's case, it's special?

Is a 48% completion percentage an "intangible"?

Damn...I just typed out a response detailing everywhere you went wrong, but I realized it wouldn't be interpreted the right way nor would you try and see it another way. I don't even think you know what some of us are arguing in the case of Tebow. Putting Rodgers, Manning, Brees, and Brady in this conversation proves it.

I do want to address one thing that you are fundamentally wrong on...You're misinterpreting leadership as it pertains to the quarterback.  Because the quarterback is looked at as a leadership position and probably the most integral role in sports you think quarterbacks are leaders because that's what they're supposed to do and that's wrong. Just because your in a postion of leadership does not mean you're a great leader...You say the guys mentioned above are leaders because that's what your supposed to be, but do you know how many quarterbacks aren't great leaders? A LOT. Taking the top 4 QB's in the game and saying they're doing what they're supposed to is funny to me.

And yes CP, his virginity is intangible but it's not the same intangibles in regards to the football or sports use of the word.
smile.gif

"This whole mechanics thing is getting out of hand. Everybody works on mechanics, no matter what position you play. I'm all about winning. I'm not about numbers."

This from another quarterback and not Tebow. Doesn't matter who, because the point that is made is all that matters...Winning. Bottom line is we'll see if Tebow can win. Even if it's with a 50% completion percentage. Does not matter.

QB takes SWAG, more than any position. That is all...

And I was a fan of Kyle Orton & Taylor Stubblefield in college, but SWAG & think carefully what I'm trying to imply with the word SWAG.
For those that play football, we know a QB with no swag = no wins.. some swag = more confident as a team period.

IT'S WHAT A QB DOES!
Just because you're in a position of leadership does not mean you're a great leader.

And just because you provide some energy to overly religious fans in the stands and circumcise infants doesn't make you a great quarterback.

Someone quoted Donovan McNabb in here, the dude that pukes and chokes when games are on the line. I'm out.

If Tebow was 3rd on the depth chart as reported, what justification is there for him to bypass Brady Quinn to start this week?

We went from "intangibles"...................to "instincts"..................to "swag".  Is there anything else missing??

Originally Posted by grittyman20

If Tebow was 3rd on the depth chart as reported, what justification is there for him to bypass Brady Quinn to start this week?
yea i dont get this either
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Obviously his intangibles, instincts, and swag. 

Broncos are likely playing Tebow ahead of Quinn to expose him for a trade. That's what this regime wants. Denver is 1-4 and figure why not. Orton has been playing alright but he's (I believe) 6-22 in his last 28 games he's played for Denver. Time to switch it up.

It's been fun though seeing Denver's QB controversy turn into the most covered since Montana vs. Young. Congrats American media for topping yourselves yet again.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Broncos are likely playing Tebow ahead of Quinn to expose him for a trade.
this. the organization shot itself in the foot by blasting him in the preseason so publicly and shooting him down the depth chart...how do you expect to trade him? i think they're trying to showcase him a bit now, as ryguy said.

Do you guys really not understand why Brady Quinn isn't starting in the last season of his contract on a dead-in-the-water team, or are you just being deliberately obtuse?

I guess I can see why people are getting sick of the Tebow stuff now.
laugh.gif

That segment is OD/terrible.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
  I don't really mess w/ ESPN like that anymore, so I don't see this junk.

Just because ESPN pumps out a bunch of nonsense doesn't make Tebow's intangibles any less valid, though.

Back
Top Bottom