Tim Tebow switched to starter for Denver (1st playoff win) Do you believe?

Good move... He brought in a lot of energy & showed some flashes last game. No better time to do it than now since the team is already struggling.

THOU SHALL BELIEVE!

teboy%20heisman.jpg

How dudes are gonna simply dismiss Timmy's intangibles like it's pure BS and compare him to Tyrod Taylor is beyond me.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

He's probably the best leader I've ever seen on the college level.
its messed up how he's the #2 QB and doesnt even get a chance
30t6p3b.gif

BQ couldn't beat out Derrick Anderson.  He's a certified bum.

As a Broncos fan I could care less. Squad wasn't going anywhere anyway so might as well let him try. I just hope that if he does fail the Tebow maniacs will stop calling in to Broncos sports radio crying out Tebow every day.

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

How dudes are gonna simply dismiss Timmy's intangibles

STOP
USING
THAT
WORD

How are dudes gonna simply dismiss the fact that Tim Tebow can't throw a #%+**#! football?
Or the fact that he was behind Brady "Subway - eat fresh!" Quinn on the depth chart?

Simply put - He's starting to put $%#%@ in seats. To sell tickets and jerseys. Nothing more.

I just don't get how you can really say that he "can't" do of these things, because when he has been given a shot, he has been relatively successful in the NFL. I personally don't think that he will ever be all-pro (or even good QB for that matter), but in the current state of quarterbacking in the NFL outside of the elite, I don't see why people are up in arms about Tebow getting a shot when there have been many quarterbacks in recent years who have been given chances with less credentials.

I'd rather see quinn out there instead of tim but when I watched the game, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt just for this week. 3rd stringer wouldn't be getting a lot of snaps in practice. Obviously he's going to be sloppy with his throws but after his bye, if he's not solid in miami he's dismissed in my book

I love how John Fox and John Elway sound like they don't even care. They're prepared for him to fail just so the Denver fans can shut up. Listened to the Fox interview today and I've never heard a coach talk like that about a player.

I don't care if he's successful or not, I'm a Giants fan and we almost never play. I just didn't see anything last season towards the end (when they were playing awful teams) and his game against the Chargers.

Originally Posted by AG 47

dismiss Timmy's intangibles

Such as...
His leadership abilities for starters.

Some of you dudes act like nonchalantly sitting in the huddle/going trough the motions and showing your passion/desire/confidence to win has no effect on a team.  Especially in the Broncos' case.

Have you ever played football?  Serious question.  That stuff is infectious if it's natural.

I've always been lukewarm on Tim, but all the doubters have me in his corner at this point.

I'm not even saying he's gonna be good.
How are dudes gonna simply dismiss the fact that Tim Tebow can't throw a #%+**#! football?
Never said he can.
laugh.gif

Such as...

Some of you dudes act like nonchalantly sitting in the huddle/going trough the motions and showing your passion/desire/confidence to win has no effect on a team.  Especially in the Brocos' case.

Have you ever played football?  Serious question.  That stuff is infectious if it's natural.

I've always been lukewarm on Tim, but all the doubters have me in his corner at this point.

Never said he can.
laugh.gif

Agree 100%. Spot on.

good thing lloyd can make those circus catches, denver wideouts aren't gonna see a ball on the numbers all game

How dudes are gonna simply dismiss Timmy's intangibles like it's pure BS and compare him to Tyrod Taylor is beyond me.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

He's probably the best leader I've ever seen on the college level.
its messed up how he's the #2 QB and doesnt even get a chance
30t6p3b.gif
BQ couldn't beat out Derrick Anderson.  He's a certified bum.

I wasn't trying to say he isn't a good leader/teammate etc because I know he is. I was just trying to point out that unorthodox black QB's aren't given near as much leeway. Don't get it twisted either, Florida wanted Tyrod badly and he would have done work in UF's system. Our offense and mediocre/inexperienced receivers hurt his numbers a lot. 

Anyways, much the same way I hated Joakim Noah in college and became a fan of his in the NBA, I've made the same 180 with Tebow. I still don't think he's a very good QB when I watch him play but he made some plays last year and I'm rooting for him to succeed. 

Such as...

Some of you dudes act like nonchalantly sitting in the huddle/going trough the motions and showing your passion/desire/confidence to win has no effect on a team.  Especially in the Broncos' case.

Never said he can.
laugh.gif

Leadership. Oh.

What about having the necessary skillset to be successful as a QB at the pro level?

Being able to simply take a snap under center...let's not talk about making reads, going through your progressions. He's a leader though so all that'll just happen.
What about when that pocket collapses? Can he move his feet and accurately hit a target? Or I guess he'll just lead the football to his receivers.

Mechanics? Throwing Motion? These have been questioned in the past and I've seen nothing to answer that.

There's no doubt that anybody who puts the time in can improve upon the first part of the equation (reading defenses and developing chemistry with receivers), but accuracy
is another story.

In Tebow's 3 starts and 5 appearances he's accounted for a total of 13 TD's to 3 turnovers. I don't care how it's done, so long as TD's are scored.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

In Tebow's 3 starts and 5 appearances he's accounted for a total of 13 TD's to 3 turnovers. I don't care how it's done, so long as TD's are scored.

3 starts in the garbage part of the season? C'mon. We obviously need a larger sample size. You got people talking about "what happens if he wins". One game? That's how low we've set the bar for Tim Tebow? He wins one game and then we crown him?

Never said he can.
laugh.gif

Leadership. Oh.

What about having the necessary skillset to be successful as a QB at the pro level?

Being able to simply take a snap under center...let's not talk about making reads, going through your progressions. He's a leader though so all that'll just happen.
What about when that pocket collapses? Can he move his feet and accurately hit a target? Or I guess he'll just lead the football to his receivers.

Mechanics? Throwing Motion? These have been questioned in the past and I've seen nothing to answer that.

There's no doubt that anybody who puts the time in can improve upon the first part of the equation (reading defenses and developing chemistry with receivers), but accuracy
is another story.
You asked a question and I gave you an answer. 

%++% outta here w/ all the mechanics nonsense, nobody in here is vouching for him on that front.

He's produced every time he's gotten in so far (more than Brady Quinn can say), so let's see what he can do instead of jumping to conclusions.

And shouldn't those in doubt allow for more than bad mechanics and a lack of acknowldegemnt towards "intangibles" before they write Tebow off?. At least the sample size I'm giving is the actual playing of football.

In fact, I've hardly seen anyone in this thread say Tebow will definitely be a success. It's just that the negative opinions on the guy are based on a false understanding or a resentment towards a word that DOES exist in the realm of sports and the fact that people think the framework for every successful player or person is based on the same exact principles and anybody that strays from this will never succeed.

Let's forget his natural, yet well-conditioned, football instincts. I'll dismiss the fact that his work ethic and desire to always get better personally and professionaly are second to probably no one. I can throw in denial to believe that Tebow really does ignite a spark in the crowd or the fact that his presence makes the energy of his team better. I'm sick of the word intangibles so I'm just going to dismiss the fact that this thing exists. Leadership? Who cares?...His throwing motion is too long so that settles that. On top of that I'm so sick of hearing about Tebow's God/savior related nicknames that I'm going to jump on the opposite side so maybe we don't have to hear anymore of this nonsense.

Doesn't make any ***#*** sense.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

I love how John Fox and John Elway sound like they don't even care. They're prepared for him to fail just so the Denver fans can shut up. Listened to the Fox interview today and I've never heard a coach talk like that about a player.

I don't care if he's successful or not, I'm a Giants fan and we almost never play. I just didn't see anything last season towards the end (when they were playing awful teams) and his game against the Chargers.

They don't care my dude.  Most Broncos fans don't, we just want dude to get a chance so folks in Denver will stop crying about Tebow all the time. 

Back
Top Bottom