Times Square evacuated for "emergency investigation?"

The government needs to stop with these fake terror attacks, it's really getting old.

Let me first say that I am relieved no one was hurt and that this situation has come to a close. I am also thankful for the efforts of our government and protective services... but I must pose a few things...

Honestly...every account that I'm reading makes this seem really suspicious. What are the honest chances that someone would walk up on the car and just think there was something suspicious going on? I've been under the slight assumption that it was planted by the govt to make it seem like they are "combating" terrorism and making strides to be more emergency prepared. It just seems a little surreal that they not only intercepted this thing before it went off, but it also "did not properly detonate." Also it could have been used as a public scare tactic...who knows...honestly, these days anything you think of is not that far fetched. Any government is capable of a range of things you would never imagine and has done so many times without you ever knowing...as it has in the past...

Does anyone else just find this really suspicious? I'm still, like everyone else, getting more and more info about this event so I'm holding off on completely just calling it a farce, but something just doesn't seem kosher.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Let me first say that I am relieved no one was hurt and that this situation has come to a close. I am also thankful for the efforts of our government and protective services... but I must pose a few things...

Honestly...every account that I'm reading makes this seem really suspicious. What are the honest chances that someone would walk up on the car and just think there was something suspicious going on? I've been under the slight assumption that it was planted by the govt to make it seem like they are "combating" terrorism and making strides to be more emergency prepared. It just seems a little surreal that they not only intercepted this thing before it went off, but it also "did not properly detonate." Also it could have been used as a public scare tactic...who knows...honestly, these days anything you think of is not that far fetched. Any government is capable of a range of things you would never imagine and has done so many times without you ever knowing...as it has in the past...

Does anyone else just find this really suspicious? I'm still, like everyone else, getting more and more info about this event so I'm holding off on completely just calling it a farce, but something just doesn't seem kosher.

You ever heard of False Flag attacks? Or Operation Northwoods? As long as the CIA exists, you will be seeing these and corporate media will report "it was the Muslims".

^QFT. It's funny how the 'Taliban' would claim it the next day. Aren't criminals supposed to deny their wrong doings? Like you don't see a murderer kill someone, call 911 and than say "i killed someone, but guess what? Even though I called from this payphone on main street, you'll never find me". That's stupid. Either these terrorists are really frigging stupid, or something doesn't add up. And I'm leaning more towards us getting short-changed.

well the thing with terrorists, they like to do this to send a "message". They want people to know that they're still "in control".  I mean, in a way, it's kinda like the Riddler leaving a note for Batman to see that he did the crime. (I know it's a silly comparison but try to see the point that I'm trying to make) Back in the 90's, the Unabomber use to do the same thing. They want to strike fear in people and at the same time get recognition. In the minds of these types of people, they also feel that they'll never get caught and can get away with it every time. That's the psychology when it comes to the mind of crazed/obsessed criminals.

That's the difference between those type of people and the average criminal.

Now as far as this incident being a conspiracy? It's very possible but we shall see what develops within the next few days, weeks.

only 4 pages? a bomb in NYC  you said?

Threads about Women's Gluteals > Threads in regards to National Security

only on NT
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

the car was smoking that was how they came across it. i know all of the cops that work in the area... unless the FBI plotted some half assed bomb then no

i work in times square and im telling you i think people are trying to test nycs response time to things like suspicious vehicles... etc this is NOT the first time in the past few months that there has been a suspicious vehicle in the area.

1, times square would be the IDEAL place to attack
2. i dont think this was a serious attack, just a test of our "emergency alert system"

imo idk

Shouldn't they be able to quickly find camera footage of this car being placed and someone getting out. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Time Square filled with a crazy amount of camera's to the point where nothing can go undetected?

Originally Posted by Tus4Prez

Shouldn't they be able to quickly find camera footage of this car being placed and someone getting out. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Time Square filled with a crazy amount of camera's to the point where nothing can go undetected?

they just released that footage just now to the public

they haven't released the guy coming out yet.

they only have footage of the guy changing clothes (still not shown to the public yet)

Okay so they found a bomb.. a bomb that is a dud and is not possible to explode

SEEMS FISHY.

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

the car was smoking that was how they came across it. i know all of the cops that work in the area... unless the FBI plotted some half assed bomb then no

i work in times square and im telling you i think people are trying to test nycs response time to things like suspicious vehicles... etc this is NOT the first time in the past few months that there has been a suspicious vehicle in the area.

1, times square would be the IDEAL place to attack
2. i dont think this was a serious attack, just a test of our "emergency alert system"

imo idk

This is what I'm thinking...

Honestly...it wouldn't take anything to seriously do damage in this country. I'm not encouraging it by any means, but if this was a legitimate attack, the fact that this was averted is in itself remarkably good luck...or a planned outcome.

I go to the dentist downtown and I get off at 42 and Lex and walk towards 49th street

around I think 45/46th and Lex there's just tanks sitting there labeled nitrogen and some other stuff

what's that about? sometimes I think it's just going to blow up while I'm walking
laugh.gif

So you think that a car that is visibly smoking in one of the most attractive tourists spots in the country that has tens of thousands of people in the area at all times is unreasonable? You're SERIOUSLY reaching here.
^QFT. It's funny how the 'Taliban' would claim it the next day. Aren'tcriminals supposed to deny their wrong doings? Like you don't see amurderer kill someone, call 911 and than say "i killed someone, butguess what? Even though I called from this payphone on main street,you'll never find me". That's stupid. Either these terrorists arereally frigging stupid, or something doesn't add up. And I'm leaningmore towards us getting short-changed.
You don't deny doing something when you're only doing it to instill fear in an enemy/get a point across. In these cases you want people to know what you've done so your message gets out with news of the attack/attempted attack. There's a huge difference between the two examples that you just gave.

Why does everything always have to be a conspiracy/government plot??

Times Square car bomb: police investigate South Park link

The device, which failed to detonate, was left near the offices of Viacom, which owns the irreverent cartoon series.

Last month postings on an Islamic website warned the creators of South Park - Matt Stone and Trey Parker - that they could face violent reprisals after an episode of the show featured Mohammed in a bear suit.

A posting on the website of a US-based group called Revolution Muslim warned Stone and Parker that they would “probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

So you think that a car that is visibly smoking in one of the most attractive tourists spots in the country that has tens of thousands of people in the area at all times is unreasonable? You're SERIOUSLY reaching here.
^QFT. It's funny how the 'Taliban' would claim it the next day. Aren'tcriminals supposed to deny their wrong doings? Like you don't see amurderer kill someone, call 911 and than say "i killed someone, butguess what? Even though I called from this payphone on main street,you'll never find me". That's stupid. Either these terrorists arereally frigging stupid, or something doesn't add up. And I'm leaningmore towards us getting short-changed.
You don't deny doing something when you're only doing it to instill fear in an enemy/get a point across. In these cases you want people to know what you've done so your message gets out with news of the attack/attempted attack. There's a huge difference between the two examples that you just gave.

sheep.jpg

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

sheep.jpg

Wow. That one must have taken you a really long time to think of. Really, that's a great response. I mean honestly, I don't think anyone in the history of ever has come up with a more awesome response than that. Look everyone, look how cool he is! He challenges authority by assuming that everything is a government conspiracy! You're so awesome! Thank you for your insight!

Government and the powers that be whole purpose is to rob people of common sense and their ability to reason in order for you to willingly give up yous rights in order for "protection", they are a mafia. Just look how easy it was during 9/11. The PATRIOT Act was signed into law just about a month after the "terrorist" attack, the government had that planned since the first Bush administration. Now look at people in this country, theyre obidient and silent about the government having complete and total access to their medical records, financial records, and they can listen to and read peoples phone calls and emails without any type of warrant or justification. But dont worry, it's for your protection, right?

Government is not your friend and they are not here to protect you. To them you are a serf and a slave and they want to tax everything you have in order to pay for their social engineering Welfare State programs.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

only 4 pages? a bomb in NYC  you said?

only on NT
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Because its in NYC.  IF this was in CALI guaranteed at least 50 pages.  Because 48 pages of that would be a CA > NY debate most of it coming from ignorant NYC'ers.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

Times Square car bomb: police investigate South Park link

The device, which failed to detonate, was left near the offices of Viacom, which owns the irreverent cartoon series.

Last month postings on an Islamic website warned the creators of South Park - Matt Stone and Trey Parker - that they could face violent reprisals after an episode of the show featured Mohammed in a bear suit.

A posting on the website of a US-based group called Revolution Muslim warned Stone and Parker that they would “probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh

im not sure if you guys know, but to make a car smoke you can simply disconnect the belt from the alternator and let the engine run...the car would only take about 10 mins of idling to over heat...add a remote start and you can make it look like spontaneous combustion

bombs dont smoke without igniting...smarten up

Back
Top Bottom