Originally Posted by PRIME

Dumb thread is dumb.

Get a blog OP.

Someone lock this crap up please.
the best statement on here
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by balkiny03

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Nike is responsible for making Jordan what he is today. There were great (and far more dominant) players before him but why aren't they heralded like this? No player was ever marketed and endorsed in the manner that Jordan was. Nike took a great athlete and made him a global icon. If there was never a Nike deal you guys would view him in the same manner you guys view magic, bird, wilt, and bill and that would be as a great player.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This guy thinks that the shoe made the man. naw the man made the shoe. So jordan wouldnt been the goat with out a pair of air jordans I guess you never seen him play in college when he had a pair of converse on. Ask Ewing if he believes that statement.
30t6p3b.gif

Reading comprehension is obviously something you lack. I said Nike is responsible for making Jordan a global icon.Your blind loyalty to the brand and athlete is keeping you from thinking critically.

Thanks tho, you've helped me remember why I don't post in forum 8 anymore. Enjoy your watered down and lack luster discussions and keep posting useless emoticons.

Originally Posted by jecca650

lmao at Kobe being more skilled than Jordan. Obviously you never saw Jordan play lil homie. smh at these 90s babies.

I guess thats why our young fellas here cannot beTaken seriously by the older fellas here. BecauseMost of them never watched MJ playing a wholeMatch, just some videoclips on youtube.Anyway, back to this topic. My cousin is 19Now and he loves MJ and air jordans despiteHe never watched him play when he got interestedIn the NBA. So i told him a lot about air jordans andThe good old days in the NBA with MJ.

My 8 yr old bro loves MJ... He watches old videos of him and plays 2k with the 90's bulls. 
roll.gif

He only wears jordans and lebron and i'm not lying the kid hates kobe and always roots against the lakers.
laugh.gif

One time my mom bought him a pair of kobes and up until now he never wore them and said he'd rather wear rose's (fav player) adidas.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MARIOisHOT

OOOOORRRRRRRRR........

noobs see og sneakerhead collection posts online and wanna be "THAT" so they are in a rush to build up a limited hyped collection
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

THUS, a bunch a noobs trying to play catch-up with OG heads by copping anything and everything retro
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
.......hahahahaha pinches mensos
they'll be burnout soon folks!
laugh.gif

Imma sit this one out and wait till they burnout....LAMES
pimp.gif

first the SB craze,
smokin.gif

then AF1z,
ohwell.gif

NOW it's Jordans (its always been about jordans) AND gimmicky shoes with goofy titles i.e poison darts, cav 4z, Sharks, Cheetahs, Dave Whites Hornets, Nerfs, Mints,AND THE GALAXYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSS & so on & so on & so on
alien.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

SBz and Forces had nicknames too but  were beautiful

NOW all these shoes LEBRONS KOBES KDS are STUPIDLY design'd and fugly AND too top it off with lame gimmick colors

wonder whats next...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????????
Lol, I knew those stupid cheetahs and sharks were aimed at kids. When I was 10 I might have gotten "shark shoes"

And about this lebron and kobe are better than MJ mumbo jumbo, not only have the rules changed to favour offensive players(no hand check etc.) but the league is totally watered down nowadays.

If you look at an old bulls schedule from the late 80s, they played Boston 6 times a year, Detroit 6 times a year, Atlanta 4-5 times a year. Compare that to today were you have teams with less depth.

Also, Pippen was asked what MJ would do if he played today in his prime. He said he'd average 40-50 and could easily drop 100 points. And he played with MJ every day for 10 years.

Originally Posted by West Coast Avenger

Nike is responsible for making Jordan what he is today. There were great (and far more dominant) players before him but why aren't they heralded like this? No player was ever marketed and endorsed in the manner that Jordan was. Nike took a great athlete and made him a global icon. If there was never a Nike deal you guys would view him in the same manner you guys view magic, bird, wilt, and bill and that would be as a great player.

Naw bruh......Jordan is responsible for making Nike what it is today.....you make some asinine post but this is your best one by far......

Exactly Jordan made Nike not the other way around , magic, bird , and your boy reggie would even tell you Jordan is the greatest they've ever seen

Originally Posted by balkiny03

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This guy thinks that the shoe made the man. naw the man made the shoe. So jordan wouldnt been the goat with out a pair of air jordans I guess you never seen him play in college when he had a pair of converse on. Ask Ewing if he believes that statement.
30t6p3b.gif

Reading comprehension is obviously something you lack. I said Nike is responsible for making Jordan a global icon.Your blind loyalty to the brand and athlete is keeping you from thinking critically.

Thanks tho, you've helped me remember why I don't post in forum 8 anymore. Enjoy your watered down and lack luster discussions and keep posting useless emoticons.

Hey my man this is the last post on this I will make. Like I said go back do your homework Jordan saved Nike and made them a global brand with out Jordan rebook would be in nikes place

Originally Posted by cornypunchlines

lol this guy

Dito.Though i did not knowWhether i should laughor cry when i read that BS.

OG > Retro

i hate the lines honestly and I hate how these hypebeast get one retro and boost the price to 250+ on a retro that is not even worth the box its shipped in........

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by LBCOL

Stopped reading after that. Kobe is far more skilled than Jordan could ever dream of being and Lebooboo is far more athletic. Jordan was a star in his own right, but if he played today it'd be a different story.
*flame suit on*
KOBE MORE SKILLED THAN JORDAN? I could not disagree more strongly with this statement

Kobe is comparable to Jordan, but no way is he MORE skilled than Jordan.
its all opinion brosephs,this argument can't be won
laugh.gif

btw thats a hell of a first post op 
13b263f6c36b51ccbbbf1bdfcd4318ae7d6324ea_r.gif

Yeah, lines suck. A decade ago, proper hardcore releases were relatively easy to get. Back in 2001, I stood in line for about an hour in Niketown NYC to get the bred Is. I liked them so 3 days later I went to get another pair, no problem. Even weeks after release they had a bunch of bred XIs

This kid had a good first post. This is definitely a topic out there. Kid, I would just ignore the posts regarding how horrible your first post was. If it's up to 4 pages obviously it stirred something up. Especially when some of the OG OG OG dudes on here are posting. First and foremost, basketball has definitely evolved since the 80's and 90's. It's definitely faster, there have been rule changes, and the there are more hybrid players. There is an actual demand for Point Guards to be more trigger happy than being distributors. Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, John Wall, and Brandon Jennings. The game is becoming more strength than finesse with guards. Lebron is the perfect example of this. I will admit I am Kobe fan. Anyways, to say that Kobe or Lebron are better than Jordan is too early to tell. I mean Kobe is closer for judgement because his career maybe over in the next 5 years. I absolutely despise Lebron but depending on awards, championships, points, clutch factor, etc. time will tell. Many established coaches and players have said that Kobe is better skilled or even an overall better player, raw. But, what sets Jordan apart for now is his mentality and clutch for the game.

I think no one will disagree when I say Jordan has a much better mentality for the game than either Lebron or Kobe. I watched all these players and even when Jordan was losing, you could just tell there was no giving up. He's just wayyyyyyyy stubborn. And he always jaws off at other players and exudes confidence. He's be playing mind games the whole 4 quarters as if it was a whole other game. Kobe is there but not quite Jordan there. And Lebron I pray that he gets an edge to him because this I am going to share the ball and blah blah blah and caring what Wade and Bosh thinks basically lost it for him with the Mavs. TAKE IT TO HOLE AND STOP RELYING ON A JUMPER THAT DOESN'T COMPARE TO KOBE AND JORDAN, YOUR A DIFFERENT PLAYER. Kobe relies on his jumper cause he's older now, Lebron is young he should slash to the rim every time he gets a chance and draw contact. He is doing more of that this year.....Anyways, Jordan didn't care about what his teammates thought and neither does Kobe. There's both a good and bad to that....

As far as the shoe game goes, as long as you know your history there is nothing wrong with liking Jordans even though you never watched him as a child. But, at the same time a lot of these Older dudes are getting screwed over because of some of the younger cats. And I think that's why they call the young guys hypebeasts. Normally they say something along the lines of "Man.... I couldn't get the Cement 4's, cause the little hypebeasts bought them all out. Why are they even buying them they weren't even born when he was playing in them." I guess to some guys it's touchy because there salty about not getting there pair. And they feel more entitled because they consider themselves MORE OF A TRUE FAN haahahaha than the younger guys because of nostalgic reasons. You got to understand some of the 40 year olds buying the shoes are basically buying there childhood back. It takes them back to going to the shoe store with Mom or Dad, or even by themselves after saving up the dough and no line up and the shoe salesman lacing them up for you and walking out the store with them on with your old shoes in the new box. I really don't care but other people definitely do. My whole take on it is that the younger generation buy jordans obviously for aesthetics but also because Michael Jordan as a person and a brand is PROVEN. People respect the player and the brand. Kobe and Lebron, not yet. But, I bet you when were all 30,40,50, and dare I say it 60.....the kobe and lebron line will be retroed. I mean both have flaws. But, lebron is doing a better job. He just needs to stick with a freakin logo. Kobe's line is tainted because of all the unofficial pe's (huaraches), his start with adidas. If one of them consistently sells SWOOSHLESS and sticks with one logo then maybe.... but it's too late for Kobe and Lebron better start soon cause it maybe too late for him too. SOrry for the essay I was bored

This has me
roll.gif
Most kids today just want to fit in and buy shoes that everyone else are in to. I swear, i can't wear a pair of NB's without some hypebeast wearing recent retro Chicago X's, Concords, or White Cement IV's which payed over retail for them asking me " Why aren't you rockin fresh J's bro?!"
30t6p3b.gif
Man, things weren't like this ... 2 years ago, miss it
frown.gif

hahaha yeah this nostalgic soap opera is tiresome. Kindve like how someone buys up a bunch of 86-87 fleer Jordans to sit on when some old fart wishes he had one to smell the crap gum from the pack. as much nostalgia my last post exuded I would just the same use todays "whatever" to make a buck. Times have changed. I wish people would get over the lame whos better arguement. It only exists because of generational introduction to the sport. It is though pretty pointless. The best ever ended with him. why because he was the one that came along and transended the sport and culture in all avenues to become what it is today. along the way he gained some nice hardware. everyone after him is "be like Mike". Every player either tries to be like him or aspires to be better than him. He is always in the equation you notice? all you ever hear every rookie class "is there the next Jordan?". It will never end. Now you could say my opinion is that og thing or whatever but, with no disrespect to the youngins, the ogs have seen all you have seen and have seen what you havent.
roll.gif
 wieners.

OP=insecure
But I agree with your point, I'm 18, and I like buying the retros simply because not only they look dope, but its the legacy that comes with each shoe. I don't have a big collection or anything because I don't have much money to cop all my favorite pairs or the time to do so, but I'm proud to be a fan of the greatest basketball player of all time and his shoes.

tired of these Kobe vs MJ arguments...but this video is a really good one...shows Kobe's incompetent decision makings sometimes....

At 31, going on 32....I still buy/wear Jordans for many reasons (memory association, reflection of some of the best times of my life, etc). I also say that about Flight 89s, AM90s, 93s, & 95s. Personally I think a lot of the stuff thats being designed and sold now doesn't look appealing. Sure Lebrons/Kobes/KDs/Etc are great performance shoes, but some of the designs are really out there and too futuristic looking.

Personally I would never knock any of the younger kids wearing retros now. I don't know them personally, whether they have a historical knowledge about sneakers, or whether its a matter of fashion/taste. We all have our own reasons why we continue to buy or not buy Jordans or any retro Nikes for that matter. Judging the next man because he looks like a "hypebeast".....well thats a bit immature and its a stereotype.

I've got no hate for hypebeasts/care if OP is one. Frankly, I can usually get my hands on anything I want for around retail, so it doesn't hurt me there, and it also creates a more liquid market for accidental purchases.

Back
Top Bottom