To everyone 19 years or younger with a car...

Im 19.

Got my first car when I was 16... '04 Mustang.

Pops crashed my bros old car.. and the insurance company gave us more than what it was worth.. so we ended up with a mustang plus an extra 2 G's.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Wade187

SpeakUp23 wrote:
joshhassolex wrote:
damn, dude how much you getting paid?
anyways, i'm getting mines as a graduation gift
$7.20 an hour and only making about 260 every other week. I was planning on putting 50 in savings to save up but thats gunna take too long
smh.gif

But I wanted to know, especially to the people who bought it themselves, how they went about saving and such. i need some tips.

That's 520 a month. 4 months of saving all your dough or 5 months of saving most your dough will get you 2000. Or saving 50 a week you'll have that in 10 months. How the hell did you come up with 2 years? You tryna save 10 bucks a week or something?

Damn. IDK what math I was doin then
laugh.gif

my friend has saved his money over a year from working at DQ and he has almost 20g's saved up and he still has spending money.
hes talking about getting a older g35
pimp.gif

18 gor my car when i turned 18. bough it with my own money took me 2 months to save up 2k lol
eek.gif
at you saving 2 years

getting ready to make a down payment for my new altima tho
pimp.gif

I have my car and im 17. A hand down though, meh...as long as it gets me around. I've always hated taking the bus xD

when i was 16 i begged whoever i could to take me to work everyday: friends, mom, brother, etc.

it took my 4 months of intense saving to afford a $3500 car

but i felt accomplished
pimp.gif

got my first car at 15 1/2 (right after i got my permit; my parents wanted us to practice driving with our future car, instead of theirs, lol)

fully loaded '97 camry purchased in '03 with 60-70k for $9,700. me and my twin bro put in 2,000 a piece (we shared the car for 2 years) and my parentspaid the rest.

i would suggest saving as much as you can, like 80 or 90% not $50 every two weeks, so you can get the car ASAP. also show that you are putting effort intosaving money for a decent car and your parents may be nice enough to go half on it with you (or atleast pay something towards it). good luck...

EDIT: it's definetely worth buying a nice reliable car as your first car. i drove the camry junior/senior year of hs, all through college and am stilldriving it today with about 175k. so far i have only needed about $1,000 in maintenance ($500 of which were for brakes) and it's still running well. so iwould consider trying to convince your parents to go half with you so you can buy a $5000 car, or trying to save a little longer before you get it, although ido realize every situation is different.

-waystinthyme

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

SpeakUp23 wrote:
joshhassolex wrote:
$7.20 an hour and only making about 260 every other week. I was planning on putting 50 in savings to save up but thats gunna take too long
smh.gif

But I wanted to know, especially to the people who bought it themselves, how they went about saving and such. i need some tips.

That's 520 a month. 4 months of saving all your dough or 5 months of saving most your dough will get you 2000. Or saving 50 a week you'll have that in 10 months. How the hell did you come up with 2 years? You tryna save 10 bucks a week or something?

laugh.gif

you were probably thinking about it this way...

if you save $50 each check, that's $50 every 2 weeks, or roughly $100/month.

in order to save $2000 at that rate, you'd have to save for 20 months...which is roughly 2 years.

like i said before though, if you get $260 each check, you need to be saving more than $50. i would save $200 minimum (assuming you have no bills) if youreally want a car. you can't save and spend at the same time...

-waystinthyme

I paid the $4,000 down payment and my mom takes care of the monthly payments after I paid the first 3. I worked my !*% off being a pitching coach, being anassistant coach on a different team, helping kids out on side sessions and working at a toy store. Took me more or less a year.

Originally Posted by waystinthyme

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

SpeakUp23 wrote:
joshhassolex wrote:
smh.gif

laugh.gif

you were probably thinking about it this way...

if you save $50 each check, that's $50 every 2 weeks, or roughly $100/month.

in order to save $2000 at that rate, you'd have to save for 20 months...which is roughly 2 years.

like i said before though, if you get $260 each check, you need to be saving more than $50. i would save $200 minimum (assuming you have no bills) if you really want a car. you can't save and spend at the same time...

-waystinthyme

laugh.gif

yea thats exactly the math I did. But yea youre right 50 dollars isnt gunna cut it at all. I guess I have to man up and start saving more and stop blowing mymoney. I guess this will be a great opportunity to break some bad habits and good something good in the end

i'm 20, but got my first car in large part to money from my uncle's will and my parents helping out.

now i'm saving for a new car and hope to have it by the end of summer. all paid for and earned by myself. it's gonna feel a lot better that way.

I just turned 19 and I bought my car in February. (9k) Used student loans to pay for it with 3k of my own savings, and I will pay it off myself after Igraduate.

Acura TL-S.

i was 15 when i copped this bad boy... working at champs for a summer
pimp.gif

1998_mazda_626_002.jpg

how stupid of me...
tired.gif
i still dont have a full license.
ohwell.gif

16, NEEDED my own car, i got outta school at 3 moms didnt get off work till 5, school tried to charge to "watch" me lol, but we got a loan and boughtthe car

edit: im 19 now though

never really owned "my own" car- all thru high school drove the sisters jetta when she wasnt using it, then i graduated and robbed the familyX5
pimp.gif
, its basically mine for every summer now because i'm away atcollege the rest of the year

my FIRST car I got for my 16th bday and it was really just my dads old car. then when I graduated they bought me new one

i got mine a month after i turned 18.i got me a 95 bmw 525i.
i worked for the summer after my junior year and most of my senoinr year and bought it with the cash i saved up which was 3200.
a year later i bought an 01 mustang for 3gs.
find a way to make extra money on the side,use whatever sources you have.it dont have to be drug dealing.!

just realize even if you save up 2k to buy a car, who's gonna pay insurance? if you are paying insurance, even if you are under ur parents name it willstill cost a fortune at 19. and i'm not even counting gas and maintenance.

Moms bought a truck and gave me her 2000 contour when i was 16, I turned 18 (october 4th 07) and traded it in for a 02 dodge stratus to get my credit score up(just paid it off last month). Lookin to save up some money to get a condo/townhome and then I'm probably gonna cop a 350z or mazda 6.
But if it took you that long to stack 2k, either you spent too much on shoes, or need to demand more hours.

Back
Top Bottom