To sell or to keep...Collecting since 1991

Shoot... I'm 37 with a 16yo and 4yo. I'm a professional archaeologist with a PhD from Berkeley and I still have a Jordan fix. Nothing wrong with liking what you like, as long as it doesn't get in the way of living life. In short, too much of anything makes you a addict, just keep it to a minimum.

Congrats! on your upcoming wedding OP... 
happy.gif

Just like everybody else is saying in here, Keep'em if not all maybe some of them...

To me it's not about "Growing Up" or stuff like that, as long as you can afford them, why not? As long as the missus has no problem with it...

You'd be surprise that their are more older cats out there that still collect sneakers not particularly Jordans...

Congrats! on your upcoming wedding OP... 
happy.gif

Just like everybody else is saying in here, Keep'em if not all maybe some of them...

To me it's not about "Growing Up" or stuff like that, as long as you can afford them, why not? As long as the missus has no problem with it...

You'd be surprise that their are more older cats out there that still collect sneakers not particularly Jordans...

I took a hiatus from 2003-2010, barely picking up anything in that period. Now I'm back in, but I've sold off everything that I don't love. Trying to keep my collection below 50 pairs, since I only wear kicks once or twice a week for casual wear. I don't ball in JB anymore, the Kobe VI are too far ahead of any JB sneakers for my game.

Maybe go for 1 new pick up each quarter (winter, spring, summer, fall). Maybe explore some other kicks, like Kobes.

I took a hiatus from 2003-2010, barely picking up anything in that period. Now I'm back in, but I've sold off everything that I don't love. Trying to keep my collection below 50 pairs, since I only wear kicks once or twice a week for casual wear. I don't ball in JB anymore, the Kobe VI are too far ahead of any JB sneakers for my game.

Maybe go for 1 new pick up each quarter (winter, spring, summer, fall). Maybe explore some other kicks, like Kobes.

Usually depends on the person, i've known people that have gotten out of the shoe game for years and still managed to get back in it. It should depend on you if you know you'll be off the shoes for good. (making it sound like it was addiction lol)

Usually depends on the person, i've known people that have gotten out of the shoe game for years and still managed to get back in it. It should depend on you if you know you'll be off the shoes for good. (making it sound like it was addiction lol)

It’s your collection, so it’s your choice.  But unless you absolutely need the money right now, don’t be too quick to sell all of them.  You’ve been a dedicated collector for 20 years, so why should you care what kids are wearing today?  True, Jordan Brand is a hollow shell of what it was 10+ years ago.  They’ve over-saturated the market with no original or unique ideas in years.  But nothing will ever take away from the value and importance of those OGs.  They will always be classic and iconic. 

Don’t worry about the over-saturation, decline of the brand, or what kids are wearing now.  Admire the shoes for the same reasons you admired them 20 years ago.  If you must sell some, at least keep the ones that are most special to you.  Like others have stated, you will likely regret it at some point in the future if you sell them all.

It’s your collection, so it’s your choice.  But unless you absolutely need the money right now, don’t be too quick to sell all of them.  You’ve been a dedicated collector for 20 years, so why should you care what kids are wearing today?  True, Jordan Brand is a hollow shell of what it was 10+ years ago.  They’ve over-saturated the market with no original or unique ideas in years.  But nothing will ever take away from the value and importance of those OGs.  They will always be classic and iconic. 

Don’t worry about the over-saturation, decline of the brand, or what kids are wearing now.  Admire the shoes for the same reasons you admired them 20 years ago.  If you must sell some, at least keep the ones that are most special to you.  Like others have stated, you will likely regret it at some point in the future if you sell them all.

Originally Posted by Hyalite

Couldn't agree more.

Originally Posted by Hyalite

Couldn't agree more.

Keep them,their yours. You worked for them and theirs nothing  wrong with being 30 and being married and still wearing Jordans. Enjoy what you have because one day you WILL regret loosing them. The shoes you love
pimp.gif

Keep them,their yours. You worked for them and theirs nothing  wrong with being 30 and being married and still wearing Jordans. Enjoy what you have because one day you WILL regret loosing them. The shoes you love
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bigdaddyd23

It almost feels weird to have a stack of shoes that I once dropped thousands of dollars on to now slowly sell them away to new homes where they can be admired by people that have the same appreciation that I once had. I have been able to stay at about 90 something pairs still and have managed to keep my grails (bred XI, dmp, black/infared VI, black laser IV, etc...)
On the weekends I used to like to throw on a pair that looked like it came out yesterday and have other people ask me "did those just come out?'. That doesn't really happen anymore.
I know I'm not "in the game" like I used to be but I have noticed that the value of having a pair of Air Jordans has slightly diminished. I don't know if it's the over saturation of toot many releases or the prevalence of fakes but, it just isn't the same as it used to be. I see the younger generation settling for these Frankenstein mashups of older models or combining beautiful Jordans with other nike shoes (Air Force One's yuk!). I think all this has taken away from what was once such a prestigious brand.
this post saddens me but it's TRUTH
frown.gif

Originally Posted by bigdaddyd23

It almost feels weird to have a stack of shoes that I once dropped thousands of dollars on to now slowly sell them away to new homes where they can be admired by people that have the same appreciation that I once had. I have been able to stay at about 90 something pairs still and have managed to keep my grails (bred XI, dmp, black/infared VI, black laser IV, etc...)
On the weekends I used to like to throw on a pair that looked like it came out yesterday and have other people ask me "did those just come out?'. That doesn't really happen anymore.
I know I'm not "in the game" like I used to be but I have noticed that the value of having a pair of Air Jordans has slightly diminished. I don't know if it's the over saturation of toot many releases or the prevalence of fakes but, it just isn't the same as it used to be. I see the younger generation settling for these Frankenstein mashups of older models or combining beautiful Jordans with other nike shoes (Air Force One's yuk!). I think all this has taken away from what was once such a prestigious brand.
this post saddens me but it's TRUTH
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom