To those that oppose Gay Marriage, WHY?

Originally Posted by thagreatj

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

because marriage is sacred and should only be between a man and a woman.

see this is one of the comments i want clarification on. Sacred to who, and what makes marriage sacred? is it a religion/moral thing?
and why should your relgious and moral beliefs be placed upon someone else?

for me I don't care what gay people do with their lives, I'm just stating my opinion of marriage. I'm not that religious, so if they wanna getmarried, be my guest.

Sacred because the bible says so? I'm sorry but not everyone is Christian. Not everyone believes in the same God.

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

Sacred because the bible says so? I'm sorry but not everyone is Christian. Not everyone believes in the same God.
but at the same time, people fear GAY so much they try to suppress it so damn much...

yay another one of these threads
eyes.gif

Please don't take offense to what i am about to say because i'm not directing my response at you--but rather towards the statement as it is...

I've heard a lot of people use this marriage is sacred argument and honestly--it's complete horse-crap. Really...like really...you honestly believemarriage is sacred IN AMERICA.

The rate of divorce in this country > the rate of marriage in this country. Thousands of individuals annually go to a place called "SIN city",where there are drive through chapels, for a 5 minute marriage ceremony conducted by a guy wearing an Elvis costume--and you really think "marriage issacred"...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm a christian and I consider the divorce rate and las vegas drive through chapels a far greater sin than allowing gay/lesbian to get married. Let thembe...

Marriage is sacred
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
...not in America it aint.

see this is one of the comments i want clarification on. Sacred to who, and what makes marriage sacred? is it a religion/moral thing?

for me I don't care what gay people do with their lives, I'm just stating my opinion of marriage. I'm not that religuos, so if they wanna get married, be my guest.

if you dont care if gay folks do with their lives, whats shapin your opinion against them gettin married?

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

I don't understand how sacred something married is when it's so easily forsaken, as shown in US divorce rate data.

i find it that many people are just too encumbered with emotion to logically evaluate situations.

i am all for gay rights and everything, and as forsaken as marriage is today, we have to respect that marriage is a religious institution and most religionsare against homosexuality.

where we have to make a change is with the government; separate church from state and grant the same rights to homosexual civil unions as they do withheterosexual marriages.

Peoples moral &nd religious beliefs shouldn't be forced upon other people plain &nd simple .

People want to dictate others lives based on what THEY believe which isn't ethically right .

It's stupid , &nd gays should be able to marrry . Plain &nd simple . Let them do what they feel .

Originally Posted by ShoeHead117

Originally Posted by Sidewayze

God made Adam and Eve, not Adam & Steve
I agree.

what next? barnyard animals? Homosexuality is deviance

Honestly, I believe you have the right to choose your own lifestyle whether it be straight or homosexual, but for it to be legally recognized is absolute BS and if you disagree
indifferent.gif
and
smh.gif
x100 to you.
so you think, in times when hostility is like this, that someone would actually CHOOSE to be gay and go through all the discrimination andridicule? Kinda like an anti-hypebeast "because everyone is straight"? You HONESTLY think that?

for me I don't care what gay people do with their lives, I'm just stating my opinion of marriage. I'm not that religuos, so if they wanna get married, be my guest.

if you dont care if gay folks do with their lives, whats shapin your opinion against them gettin married?

I'm not opposed, but I don't agree with it either and since I'm not gonna make anybody change their lifestyle they can go get married for all Icare.

I agree.

Honestly, I believe you have the right to choose your own lifestyle whether it be straight or homosexual, but for it to be legally recognized is absolute BS and if you disagree
indifferent.gif
and
smh.gif
x100 to you.

i always parallel gay marriage to interracial marriage in the 50s/60s

"Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with hisarrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix."

http://www.law.umkc.edu/f...trials/conlaw/loving.html

I don't understand how sacred something married is when it's so easily forsaken, as shown in US divorce rate data.
EXACTLY.

cuz its gay man. not ment to be.
penis's shuld only come out of men not go into em
next thing were gunna c things like man wants to marry cow or woman wants to marry donkey.

that was my exact thought.

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

I agree.

indifferent.gif
and
smh.gif
x100 to you.

i always parallel gay marriage to interracial marriage in the 50s/60s

Co-sign... history repeats itself
Originally Posted by beezylocks

next thing were gunna c things like man wants to marry cow or woman wants to marry donkey.

So you're against homosexuals all together?

Originally Posted by beezylocks

i bet it's okay to watch lesbians getting it on and you wouldn't have a problem with that.

Originally Posted by LLC Money

I agree.

indifferent.gif
and
smh.gif
x100 to you.
How do you figure? I only know a few legit gay people but what the hell does their sexual preference have to do with their legal rights? Your argument is dumb +@+ hell imo. So gay people should be allowed to be gay but shouldn't be acknowledged legally?
nerd.gif

No, if you actually read what I said I believe that you ultimately choose your own lifestyle. I never said anything about legal rights, where did you get thatfrom?

Every human in this country is entitled to their own rights. If you choose to be a homosexual that's perfectly fine it's your own life, but for it tobe legally recognized in a court is absolutely wrong from a moral standpoint. You might think I'm ignorant or homophobic, but I stand behind my opinion andI believe that same sex marriage should never be legal.

it doesn't. i dont necessarily oppose but i dont support either.

i just find it an oddity in society and if we're just accepting all things we may find odd, it should include incestive marriage.

inb4 my sig.

Originally Posted by Steve Hartridge

I'm sayin'.. why are people so concerned with what gay people do behind closed doors.

Let them live.. they're going to be gay whether they are allowed to marry or not.

I feel like the people that are against gay marriage are against gay people period.

And they say history repeats...
The thing is, it's not always behind closed doors, I don't want my kids seeing PDA from them. Where I'm from is a place that isextremely against gays, but I'm not one to hate on someone for their lifestyle unless it directly effected me. I don't agree with it but I'm not gonna go out of my way to hate because of it, do you, ya know?

Why do you oppose gay marriage?
why are you for gay marriage?
why did john lennon leave the Beatles?
why did jadakiss is as hard is it gets?
why they sellin people cd's for under a dime?
why do rappers lie in 85% of their rhymes?

we'll prolly never get a straight answer to any of these questions.....

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Religious BibleThumpers will ALWAYS be TOO damn worried about the way OTHERS live their lives that they themselves will not live their own to the maximum of their potential.
QUOTED, UNDERLINED, ENLARGED AND BOLDED FOR EMPHASIS

A homosexual is no less human than a heterosexual.

Back
Top Bottom