#Tonsil Stones- EWWWWWW# *WARNING*

Learn something new every day...

Haven't gotten one in at least a year, but I've probably gotten them about a handful of times in my life. Didn't know they had a name. Ialways thought it was something I was coughing up since that's how they would come out. I just called them "bad breath mints" because they smelllike concentrated bad breath
sick.gif
laugh.gif

I brush, floss, and use listerine (green or blue, not yellow
ohwell.gif
) dailyand have never had a cavity so I don't think they form because of lack of dental hygiene...

I get em every now and then....makes your mouth smell like %!*$....I really want my tonsils out....Iuse one of those syringes that the orthodontist gives you to clean out the cavities where your wisdom teeth used to be....if you gargle with some warm saltwater, that will do the trick.

They are foul tho....and they don't grow on your skin...they are basically food particles thatget stuck in your tonsils....brush, floss and use mouthwash regularly and you will not have this issue

I don't know where you guys are getting this from but you don't only get this when you smoke. Everyone gets this in varying degrees ofseverity. It's basically dried up phlegm and mucous.

I always wondered what those were called. I haven't gotten those in months. they smell disgusting
sick.gif

You get tonsil stones because you have big tonsils, the holes or slits in your tonsils trap the mucus and phlegm and it builds up overtime. So if you have bigtonsils, it happens more periodically than others. I know I do, I've been getting tonsil stones since I was 9- I am going on 23 now...just gargle withmouthwash try ang get it as close to your tonsils as possible when you gargle.

Nako XL wrote:
at all of you. tryna act like this **!$ is normal.

Well they aren't abnormal if that's what you're trying to insinuate. Many things cause tonsil stones, and no they aren't food particles andplaque lodged in the divits of your tonsils. Post nasal drip is the leading cause of these things. If some of you have bad sinuses, you're most likely ahigher candidate to get these. When your sinuses drain they run down your throat and some of it gets lodged in the divits of your tonsils. A combination ofbacteria is what forms these. Going to the dentist regularly won't prevent them either
laugh.gif
. If you do a little research there are methods to prevent them as much aspossible.

About a year ago I started taking a mixture of apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and cayenne pepper. It wasn't until after I drank that, that I beganforming tonsil stones. For the following 8 months, I kept getting those damn tonsil stones. It was to the point that I could pick them out every single day. Iread online that you could buy a Waterpik and use that to irrigate your tonsil crypts, so I went out and bought one, and after letting it run in my tonsilcrypts, I had the biggest tonsil stone of my life come out. Seriously it was close to the size of an iPod earbud. I haven't really gotten any since then.

I hacked a few of em up and when I spit em out they always bounce like rubber..wondered what they were

I have gotten these every now n then for tha past 9 years.

I have very deep tonsil caves and thats why small partickles of food build up in them untill it forms these.

U can taste and feel them in your mouth and yes its nasty could be 6 week old food maybe older hence the bad smell/taste

I started getting mine after eating alot of pasta and it getting trapped back there it has nothing to do with poor dental hygene as I take care of my teeth.

I use a q-tip to dampen it and remove them but its not nice Ive heard a water pick is the best option.

I just try to clean my tonsil caves out regulaly as to stop them forming.

Peace
Scottie

i have gotten these sparingly the last 10 years...before I always thought it was rice (I'm asian btw) haha

Get these once in a blue moon, very disgusting. My homie call dem gufballs, idk y lol

My breathe never stank , We'll atleast no one ever told me. I felt this little !+# in the back of my throat and kept trying to cough it up. I looked in themirror and saw it. Took a cotton swab and got it out. I looked at it and OMG the smell was horrific!!! No way in hell no one could not notice that smell comingout of your mouth. I felt so so........ I duno.
I cleaned my mouth and checked like 4 times a day from there on. I was scared to tell anybody until my homeboy bought it up one day.
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom