Top Boy Series Thread - The Final Season Out Now On Netflix

Yeah the posh accent is far different. They demonstrate some of the different accents within the show. Did she see the last season when the young boys went to Manchester? Even they couldn't understand the Manchester cats they were working with.
Yeah I actually knew someone from Liverpool, it kind of sounded half Scottish and monotone. Manchester seems obviously different too. Don't even get me started on the Cockney accents.

My Aunt is actually from Ireland and man when she first got here, he speech pattern would sound like a nursery rhyme in fast forward. She still has an accent, but she speaks alot more methodically and some of words have Americanized pronunciations now. She says that every time she goes back to Ireland, they say she sounds completely American now. :rolleyes :lol:

I got a good friend from Essex and goddamn I need subtitles when I hear him talk sometimes. I think they say the Essex accent is one of the harder ones to understand and they right.

I have a really good friend I talk to frequently from Manchester (and a few other friends not as close) and it was nothing like the Manchester accent on the show which I remember to be kinda hard and has a weird distinct sound to it. I dont know how to describe it but my friends from there sound like they have a typical British accent to me.

I have cousins from England. They are fairly easy to understand until they get angry or excited then I get completely lost. :rofl:

Yeah I actually knew someone from Liverpool, it kind of sounded half Scottish and monotone. Manchester seems obviously different too. Don't even get me started on the Cockney accents.

My Aunt is actually from Ireland and man when she first got here, he speech pattern would sound like a nursery rhyme in fast forward. She still has an accent, but she speaks alot more methodically and some of words have Americanized pronunciations now. She says that every time she goes back to Ireland, they say she sounds completely American now. :rolleyes :lol:

Lowkey Irish accents are hard af to understand. I saw an Irish jail doc once and I threw subtitles on and I never do that unless its a foreign film. :lol:

I can't Dris for killing the kids dog from season 1(summerhouse), but I hope Sully didn't kill him on the roof.

This girl is not to be ****** with. I like her character. :pimp:
FKb-9LtXwAMomiH.jpeg.jpg

Id have her tawk just to tawk bruv. Was sexy af not gonna lie. :pimp:

Indian/British too. :pimp:

Crazy, I used dig the an indian girl on one of the Harry Potter movies. That accent on a non-white British girl for me is extra point automatically. Props. >D

English accents on a non-whites is hella swag. One of my favorite things about Top Boy and some of the other UK shows is the accent.

I lived in Nigeria for a while and wasn't a huge fan of the UK based Nigerian chicks though. They were way too into social status and bread. I was young and just trying to beat, I'm not telling you who my grand dad is and what his networth was.

I'd prolly like the UK more if I visited though.

English accents on a non-whites is hella swag. One of my favorite things about Too Boy and some of the other UK shows is the accent.

I lived in Nigeria for a while and wasn't a huge fan of the UK based Nigerian chicks though. They were way too into social status and bread. I was young and just trying to beat, I'm not telling you who my grand dad is and what his networth was.

Damn brotha, you really are royalty out there or something? :wow:

English accents on a non-whites is hella swag. One of my favorite things about Top Boy and some of the other UK shows is the accent.

the accents get me too , something super intriguing about it...

was in London 2 weeks ago -- it's FIREEEE for folks our age (30+) , clubs/fashion on every corner.

Going back soon for sure.

Damn brotha, you really are royalty out there or something? :wow:

Nah g. Far from it. I did smash a princess/ chiefs daughter tho 😏.

My grandpa was well respected in his very small village back in the day because he had the first road into the village built. Otherwise bro we very very regular.

I didn't even really know any one other than my pops from my Nigerian side until I was 23.

I grew up like many African Americans in single parent household raised by my African American mother. She was and still is a social worker/ entrepenuer. I don't wanna say I grew up poor because I've seen real poverty both in America and abroad but I grew up far from rich.

My mother did well enough for us to put my sister and I on payroll during college (and beyond). That's kinda helped me afford to live in Nigeria for a while in order to understand that side of myself more.

Nah g. Far from it. I did smash a princess/ chiefs daughter tho 😏.

My grandpa was well respected in his very small village back in the day because he had the first road into the village built. Otherwise bro we very very regular.

I didn't even really know any one other than my pops from my Nigerian side until I was 23.

I grew up like many African Americans in single parent household raised by my African American mother. She was and still is a social worker/ entrepenuer. I don't wanna say I grew up poor because I've seen real poverty both in America and abroad but I grew up far from rich.

My mother did well enough for us to put my sister and I on payroll during college (and beyond). That's kinda helped me afford to live in Nigeria for a while in order to understand that side of myself more.
That's admirable that you took your own initiative to pursue knowledge and wisdom on your Nigerian side. Also props to your being a good support system and raising you solo. I definitely want to take a trip to Africa in the future. Some of my co-workers were saying Ghana was a solid place to start.

Halfway through the first episode and so far it feels familiar. Of course things are starting a bit fragmented.

Just found out that Sully popped Dris like 20 times :wow: Sully is not lenient with the street-code.

That's admirable that you took your own initiative to pursue knowledge and wisdom on your Nigerian side. Also props to your being a good support system and raising you solo. I definitely want to take a trip to Africa in the future. Some of my co-workers were saying Ghana was a solid place to start.
Thank you fam. Africa in general is beautiful. Whenever you get the chance to go take it.

It can be a life changing experience.

Actually now I think about it she reminds of that British ebony milf pno star that would only do solo stuff. Great boobs. I know one of y'all remember the name.

Back
Top Bottom