Top Boy Series Thread - The Final Season Out Now On Netflix

Just wrapped up the season last night. Spoilers on da way..

I was kinda already expecting to be disappointed with this season. After season 2 I had read up on the show and the writer sourced the majority of the story from some real life goon he had interviewed. This season basically feels like they ran out of book material and were creating from scratch.

The main issue for me is that all the new characters are trash and poorly developed. Like every single one. Curtis and his crew, the Moroccans and Spaniards, the new kids that got jumped at the bando (one of whom I still don't know if it's a boy or a girl), pebbles, Sully's neighbor etc don't hold a candle to Modie, Cam, Dris, jason, ats, Jermaine, haze, donovan..like it's not even close :lol:. Even leyton's BA was fun to dislike. With Jamie gone they legit killed off all the best characters next to dushane sully and jaq. And then lauryn was kinda the comic relief before and now she's just stressed all the time. I probably watched season 2 at least 5 times. I might watch this season one more time just to see if I missed anything.

It sounds funny but another thing this season lacks is love/romance. Before you had dushane/shelley, Jamie and the girl that got popped and then the white chick, Sully with his ex and daughter and then the bonding with jason, Dris and his daughter, Jamie and his bros, Aaron and his girl, Stef and ats's friendship. There's a pretty heavy handed theme of losing the people closest to you but they don't do a good enough job of making you care about the characters and their relationships before they die. Even ats's mom seems mostly unbothered by his death. They really just relied on past seasons and didn't take any time to flesh that out any further.

The payoff with the Curtis story was cool but that whole plotline would've been more interesting if there was some kinda backstory and not just Lauryn popping up pregnant with some random dude. The finale was good and felt like season 2. Other than that the dialogue is great but the story and development sucked.

Last edited:
This girl is not to be ****ed with. I like her character. :pimp:
FKb-9LtXwAMomiH.jpeg.jpg
Like the Snoop of London Town.

I hated them building up Jamie to be someone you like, then offing him. Then again I appreciated it. Streets don't care blud.
I agree. But damn, they really putting Stef (lesser degree Aaron) through it. Lost both parents, this best friend turned on him, then gets murdered before they can reconcile, brother murdered in front of him

I agree. But damn, they really putting Stef (lesser degree Aaron) through it. Lost both parents, this best friend turned on him, then gets murdered before they can reconcile, brother murdered in front of him
Would be cold if Good Uni boy Aaron actually eventually takes a turn and becomes the new Top Boy from this, offing Dushane and Sully with Stef as his top hitter. And that's how the series ends

Would be cold if Good Uni boy Aaron actually eventually takes a turn and becomes the new Top Boy from this, offing Dushane and Sully with Stef as his top hitter. And that's how the series ends
I think the show is gonna show Stef turning into a demon on road, while Aaron will flourish in the corporate world, and struggle with Stef's actions. Kinda like Dushane in his older brother. Same household different outcomes

During the original series I found myself supporting Dushane all the time.

Now? Sully's my guy.

Sully man 🤦🏽‍♂️

But that’s the streets bruv, no calm innit

Will there be another season? I need to check the real og seasons one day and not just the netflix szn 1-2

I enjoyed this season and hope they comeback

Chris was giving me Chuck from Better Call Saul vibes. Bruv sick on the inside he was by his mother's side as she died and she's asking for Dushane, the bad apple.

Chris going to turn heel next season. Book it.

Plus he gave a weird look when Dushane asked him where he was coming from and he gave that cagey response, "business." Might be reading a little too much into it though.

I thought of the parallels to Better Call Saul too.

But I doubt they do anything with Chris beyond him hating Dushane again.

Chris got assaulted and scarred for life to the point he is constantly in pain because of his connection to Dushane. And that resulted in him losing his wife

His love for Dushane already cost him a lot. Mans probably just gonna go back to hating mans guts

On episode 6. Really liking it so far, though I could care less about Lauren and her story. Why the **** they even giving her this much screen time. :lol: Rather have more Shelley time.

Jaq a straight g. Like how she doing the whole dirty ting.

Mad this was only 8 episodes but I get it, they filmed during the pandemic.

Ending was wild. :lol:

Season wasnt bad. I thoroughly enjoyed and made me wanna watch more. Lauren story had too much screen time but was kinda satisfying how they wrapped that one up. Stefan and Tia also had a lil too much screen time, mostly Tia. Unnecessary character. EDIT: maybe not so unnecessary actually, helps develop Stefan’s character for the future…

Season 1 was better but how can you top that. Need Season 3 to come asap.

Last edited:
I could tell a lot of the random filler like spaced out stuff was due to covid so didn't hold it against them.

I could tell a lot of the random filler like spaced out stuff was due to covid so didn't hold it against them.

Surprised they had club scenes and whatnot. I tried to find myself thinking “oh yeah this def cause of covid” but coudnt find any. They probably woudve had diff scenes if covid wasnt an issue for sure but what random filler stuff did you peep?

What was the point of that random Irish family? Why was the sister so mad all the time? What did that bald guy have only one functional eye? The sister was giving off incest vibes, like she wished she was pregnant with homie's kid.
I think they're from Liverpool, the Irish accent is alot stronger than the one they have. That sister is damn near obsessed with her brother. To be real, they don't even look like they're the same ethnicity. She looks part black and he looks ambiguous.

The moves that everyone is making would get them caught up in less than a week over here in the US. ****, Dashaune not even having personal muscle is crazy to me.

Edit: He didn't even have the instincts to have Curtis followed, who the hell ignores a dude like that?

Last edited:
I think they're from Liverpool, the Irish accent is alot stronger than the one they have. That sister is damn near obsessed with her brother. To be real, they don't even look like they're the same ethnicity. She looks part black and he looks ambiguous.

The moves that everyone is making would get them caught up in less than a week over here in the US. ****, Dashaune not even having personal muscle is crazy to me.

Edit: He didn't even have the instincts to have Curtis followed, who the hell ignores a dude like that?

Yeah, especially in their hood they shoudda had eyes on em heavy but then where would the drama be lol.

Got damn, I knew Jamie's fate was sealed once Sully walked away from Dushaune's balcony, that was some cold ****. Jamie's fate was sealed once Sully found out about that backdoor deal getting made with that Spanish cop. Dude told Jamie that if he even looks at him funny, Sully would smoke him, and doing a backdoor deal is the ultimately snake move in their world. What happened to Jamie was ****** up, but Sully is loyal to the game and most top bosses can't let **** go like that.

Back
Top Bottom