--[ TOP GEAR U.K SERIES 24 Started Mar. 6 ]--[The GRAND TOUR ]

Originally Posted by S329

Saw it here in London last night. Eh, problem is with Capt. Slow driving the Mclarren, it was never a fair race. The Mclarren has consistently beat the 458 in many track tests in the past. This is a classic case where it's more the case where the drive was lacking as opposed to the car. As far as Hammonds, I just have a permanent mind block on him. And lastly seeing the Jezza go all out in the Lambo was pretty cool. Had the stig driven all three cars at Imola, then we'd really know which car performed best (on that specific track).

That's the thing though, cars don't drive themselves.  A car with less hp but inspires more driver confidence will allow most people to turn a faster lap than a high hp car that is intimidating to drive.  For example, most people will turn a faster lap in an Audi R8 than a Corvette ZR1, but you would say the ZR1 is the "faster car".  I'm just saying cars that are the fastest on paper, don't always turn out to be the fastest in the real world when average drivers are behind the wheel instead of pros.  Imo it's silly to say "my car is faster with a pro behind the wheel than yours"... Why does that even matter?  A pro isn't behind the wheel!

Saw it here in London last night. Eh, problem is with Capt. Slow driving the Mclarren, it was never a fair race. The Mclarren has consistently beat the 458 in many track tests in the past. This is a classic case where it's more the case where the drive was lacking as opposed to the car. As far as Hammonds, I just have a permanent mind block on him. And lastly seeing the Jezza go all out in the Lambo was pretty cool. Had the stig driven all three cars at Imola, then we'd really know which car performed best (on that specific track).

That's the thing though, cars don't drive themselves.  A car with less hp but inspires more driver confidence will allow most people to turn a faster lap than a high hp car that is intimidating to drive.  For example, most people will turn a faster lap in an Audi R8 than a Corvette ZR1, but you would say the ZR1 is the "faster car".  I'm just saying cars that are the fastest on paper, don't always turn out to be the fastest in the real world when average drivers are behind the wheel instead of pros.  Imo it's silly to say "my car is faster with a pro behind the wheel than yours"... Why does that even matter?  A pro isn't behind the wheel!

Originally Posted by voodoo

That's the thing though, cars don't drive themselves.  A car with less hp but inspires more driver confidence will allow most people to turn a faster lap than a high hp car that is intimidating to drive.  For example, most people will turn a faster lap in an Audi R8 than a Corvette ZR1, but you would say the ZR1 is the "faster car".  I'm just saying cars that are the fastest on paper, don't always turn out to be the fastest in the real world when average drivers are behind the wheel instead of pros.  Imo it's silly to say "my car is the fastest with a pro behind the wheel than yours"... %*+ does that even matter?  A pro isn't behind the wheel!

Well, yes. Maybe if the Stig would've drove it...however all in all you can really call it a fair race since both the Aventador and the Noble cost 300 000, while the Ferrari is "only" 220 000, I would've loved to see a drag race btw.

Originally Posted by voodoo

That's the thing though, cars don't drive themselves.  A car with less hp but inspires more driver confidence will allow most people to turn a faster lap than a high hp car that is intimidating to drive.  For example, most people will turn a faster lap in an Audi R8 than a Corvette ZR1, but you would say the ZR1 is the "faster car".  I'm just saying cars that are the fastest on paper, don't always turn out to be the fastest in the real world when average drivers are behind the wheel instead of pros.  Imo it's silly to say "my car is the fastest with a pro behind the wheel than yours"... %*+ does that even matter?  A pro isn't behind the wheel!

Well, yes. Maybe if the Stig would've drove it...however all in all you can really call it a fair race since both the Aventador and the Noble cost 300 000, while the Ferrari is "only" 220 000, I would've loved to see a drag race btw.

Good episode like always, but man that interview with William was weird. William is just a weird person in general, and that car he made is crap.

Good episode like always, but man that interview with William was weird. William is just a weird person in general, and that car he made is crap.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Most artists are "weird".  That's what makes them great at their craft is their ability to think differently.  That's what drives creativity and great designs is the ability to take risks.  As a result, he leads one of the most successful groups of all time and has been able to help a lot of other people because of his endeavors.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Most artists are "weird".  That's what makes them great at their craft is their ability to think differently.  That's what drives creativity and great designs is the ability to take risks.  As a result, he leads one of the most successful groups of all time and has been able to help a lot of other people because of his endeavors.

I enjoyed episode 2, Chinese Stig
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kookcle

Originally Posted by WaitWut

yo i been watching a few top gear UK episodes here and there and i love the show id like to watch more though
can you guys tell me where i can find most the episodes? any help is appreciated

Streetfire.net has a bunch of new and old episodes
 or check Finalgear

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

my %!**%*# man thanks
finalgear got all that
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kookcle

Originally Posted by WaitWut

yo i been watching a few top gear UK episodes here and there and i love the show id like to watch more though
can you guys tell me where i can find most the episodes? any help is appreciated

Streetfire.net has a bunch of new and old episodes
 or check Finalgear

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

my %!**%*# man thanks
finalgear got all that
pimp.gif

Back