Topic

1. Don't go with expectations. They'll only leave you with disappointment.

2. Treat her just like any other girl. All that lovey-dovey crap won't help you, and it'll probably make you come off as desperate to get back with her. She probably knows that anyways, but you playing the part will only make it easier for her to blow you off in the future.

3. Be confident. You've grown tremendously without her, and you really don't need her in your life anymore than you did for the last couple years. Don't make her feel bad, but let her know that you're doing well for yourself.

4. Pay. It's just coffee, and judging from your short description it's doubtful that she asked you out, so she's just there for the free coffee. Appease her.

Edit: Don't go ahead and ask her out to the museum if it goes well (unless you end up smashing or something.) After you guys go your separate ways, wait 'till the next day or so and tell her that you really enjoyed it and that you'd be down to do it again sometime. If she bites, meet somewhere public and not too couple-y (if that makes sense.)

Good luck bruh. I know what it's like when one gets away.

2. Treat her just like any other girl. All that lovey-dovey crap won't help you, and it'll probably make you come off as desperate to get back with her. She probably knows that anyways, but you playing the part will only make it easier for her to blow you off in the future.

3. Be confident. You've grown tremendously without her, and you really don't need her in your life anymore than you did for the last couple years. Don't make her feel bad, but let her know that you're doing well for yourself.

4. Pay. It's just coffee, and judging from your short description it's doubtful that she asked you out, so she's just there for the free coffee. Appease her.

Edit: Don't go ahead and ask her out to the museum if it goes well (unless you end up smashing or something.) After you guys go your separate ways, wait 'till the next day or so and tell her that you really enjoyed it and that you'd be down to do it again sometime. If she bites, meet somewhere public and not too couple-y (if that makes sense.)

funny, i'm in the exact situation this week.  Had to do a double take and made sure it wasn't me who made the post 
laugh.gif

Anyway, my "other" ex (who is like a best friend now) adviced me, just be the guy who the girl fell in love with.  Meaning, act like the cool, relaxed, guy that she knows...during the time before you guys hooked up (hope that made sense).    No heavy stuff (i miss you, i love you, etc, none of that...)   You can talk about good memories,  stuff you did together, places you went together.  In my case, i talked about how I used to cook for her, and she'd help me out by chopping garlic.  stuff like that.  Do more coffee dates, and let the tension build up for a couple of weeks.  If you have a close female friend, you should ask her from her point of view.  Ever since my other ex has been advising me...  i'm getting good communication from the girl who i want to get back.  

funny, i'm in the exact situation this week.  Had to do a double take and made sure it wasn't me who made the post 
laugh.gif

Anyway, my "other" ex (who is like a best friend now) adviced me, just be the guy who the girl fell in love with.  Meaning, act like the cool, relaxed, guy that she knows...during the time before you guys hooked up (hope that made sense).    No heavy stuff (i miss you, i love you, etc, none of that...)   You can talk about good memories,  stuff you did together, places you went together.  In my case, i talked about how I used to cook for her, and she'd help me out by chopping garlic.  stuff like that.  Do more coffee dates, and let the tension build up for a couple of weeks.  If you have a close female friend, you should ask her from her point of view.  Ever since my other ex has been advising me...  i'm getting good communication from the girl who i want to get back.  

Originally Posted by emmmmy

I broke her heart a couple years ago. We still kept in touch. I've been mad jocking her for the last few months, but shes been giving me the cold shoulder. I haven't seen her in awhile. We got a coffee date tomorrow.
You guys got any tips to break the ice... it's been awhile.
I'm tryna get her back, if all goes well I was planning on asking her to the body worlds museum next week.

Sorry no pics, I got her bro and a couple cousins on NT, its all bad.
If we get back together I got you guys, shes wifey status we dated for 3years.
fail
fail
fail
fail

I broke her heart a couple years ago. We still kept in touch. I've been mad jocking her for the last few months, but shes been giving me the cold shoulder. I haven't seen her in awhile. We got a coffee date tomorrow.
I'm tryna get her back, if all goes well I was planning on asking her to the body worlds museum next week.

fail
fail
fail
fail

Originally Posted by seniosoul

fail
fail
fail
fail

Originally Posted by seniosoul

fail
fail
fail
fail

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

Good look popcorn playa,

"I know what it's like when one gets away."

Back
Top Bottom