Toronto Raptors Off-Season Post: Home of the Red, White, and BLACK

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Most likely, in Canada, we wont see it, because basketball is forbidden.
eyes.gif
a sad almost reality.

speakin' of hitting up the gym... BC better send a txt msg to Bargnani, dude needs to put on a few lbs of muscles. not too much to affect his natural gameand movements, but enough to play a little more physical in the post areas. and PLEASE work on some post moves, come on man youre so crazy tall and lanky.. useit!

Bargnani is in Italy right now lifting heavy. He'll be back in the U.S. in July working out in Vegas and Houston. I expect him to have a much better seasonin 08-09, possibly around 15 ppg.

If it all works out Bargnani should develop to a great low post defender, he has great anticipation and great length. evenwith his limited strength I think he is a better defensive player than Bosh.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

If it all works out Bargnani should develop to a great low post defender, he has great anticipation and great length. even with his limited strength I think he is a better defensive player than Bosh.
I think he is as well. However, the refs are so touchy with how he plays, that he never gets a chance to show it. Its really difficult to watch.

First of all, I actually root for the Raptors because I am a fan of a western conference team. So dont come at me like I am a hater or trying to stir it up.But I think you guys are being so unrealistic here.

-TJ for Nocioni.....now please explain to me why you think this would be a trade the Bulls pull the trigger on. PLease. Isnt there an abundance of point guardson the Bulls? Arent the Bulls even thinking about passing on Rose because they have so many point guards? But the trade makes sense for the Raptors, so it mustmake sense for the Bulls. (please dont turn into Cavalier fans)

-I saw someone mention a starting lineup of Bosh, Moon, Kapono, Parker and Jose......are you kidding me? That would be one of the worst starting lineups in allof basketball. Bottom 5 for sure. I know you guys love your squad but come on!!

-I think the Raptors have some very interesting pieces to make a run at the Celtics. But the team you have now is going no where. You need a center, you need ascorer, and you need a stronger bench.

-I think the Raptors have some very interesting pieces to make a run at the Celtics. But the team you have now is going no where. You need a center, you need a scorer, and you need a stronger bench.

Yeah, I agree with that. But we have to have the right pieces to put together.

Does BC even want to move up in the draft?

Also aside from the Mayo pipe dream, I wouldn't mind Nicolas Bantum or Chris Douglas Roberts.
[h2]
[/h2]

Garbo was good, but those injuries...
smh.gif

anyway, more news.

Raptors Extend Qualifying Offer to Calderon & Delfino

(June 19, 2008) -- The Toronto Raptors announced Friday they have extended qualifying offers to restricted free-agent guards Jose Calderon and Carlos Delfino. Per team policy, financial details were not disclosed.

In accordance with the league's collective bargaining agreement, in order for a team to retain its right of first refusal with respect to a restricted free agent it must tender the player a qualifying offer prior to June 30. A restricted free agent may sign an offer sheet with any team, but is subject to a right of first refusal in favour of the team for which the player last played.

Calderon contributed career highs of 11.2 points and a team-best 8.3 assists in all 82 regular season games in 2007-08. He led the NBA with a 5.38 (678/126) assist-to-turnover ratio. Calderon has averaged 8.7 points, 6.1 assists and 25 minutes in 223 regular season NBA games with the Raptors.

Delfino appeared in all 82 games, averaging 9.0 points and 4.4 rebounds. He set career highs in points, rebounds, three-point field goals made and attempted, free throws made and attempted, and minutes (1,928). Delfino has averaged 5.8 points, 3.0 rebounds and 17.1 minutes in 262 career NBA regular season games with Toronto and Detroit.

Heres to hoping Delfino doesnt accept, but Calderon does!

laugh.gif

from the nba draft thread:

A Diaw trade possibility involved Toronto, where talk centered on Diaw leaving for point guard T.J. Ford and the Raptors' No. 17 pick in Thursday's draft. Talks cooled but might reignite with Porter aboard. In Porter's first season as Milwaukee's head coach, Ford helped the Bucks to a 41-41 playoff season. When Ford missed the next season after neck surgery, the Bucks went 30-52 and fired Porter. Arizona Republic

oh hell naw.

^
smh.gif

What the hell is BC doing. What is this man's infatuation w/ Diaw.

They traded one hell of a shooter in Joe Johnson for an undersized 4/5 who can pass.

WTH!?

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

^
smh.gif

What the hell is BC doing. What is this man's infatuation w/ Diaw.

They traded one hell of a shooter in Joe Johnson for an undersized 4/5 who can pass.

WTH!?

Sarver wasn't going to pay for Joe so he had to get something for him.

I would prefer Bantum over Diaw.

Hopefully TJ Ford falls off a ladder and Calderon gets the starting spot for good

Sam Mitchell sucks at coaching his %%$ should've been fired long ago

Bring over Roko-Leni Ukic,
I dont know how many years this man has been discussed and talked about pre-season. Does he even exist?

Looking at those contracts, you can only move 2 people unless it'll be a big trade.

Bargnani has to step it up this season big time...dude's gotta stop pickin 2-3 fouls in a 3 minute span
alien.gif
That keeps him on the bench most of the time, makes me
sick.gif

As for Ford, he'd be a good trade bait but only for a decent player like him too. I'd get someone who can do the dirty work like Garbo (will bemissed),that's what the Raptors lacked towards the end of the regular season and the playoffs.

According to league sources, the Toronto Raptors have had talks with the Indiana Pacers about acquiring 29-year-old Jermaine O'Neal in a trade for a package that would include T.J. Ford, Rasho Nestervoic and, perhaps, the 17th pick in this week's NBA draft.
NOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Colangelo done lost his god damn mind

According to league sources, the Toronto Raptors have had talks with the Indiana Pacers about acquiring 29-year-old Jermaine O'Neal in a trade for a package that would include T.J. Ford, Rasho Nestervoic and, perhaps, the 17th pick in this week's NBA draft.

NO. this is not 2004 damnit.

why anyone wants his broken down, injury prone-$@@ is baffling.

if they'll package him with Troy Murphy (highly suggested) or Danny Granger I don't mind. But a 1 for 3 trade will be BS.

O'Neal just needs to lose some muscle mass.. His frame can't handle all that muscle.. He should be no more muscular than Bosh..

That said.. How can you complain about O'Neal's injury proneness when 1 bad hit could end TJ Ford's career?

I like this trade and with 2 seasons left on O'Neal's contract, it's not a bad gamble.. He'd be able to play the C and let Bosh play PF fulltime!

I don't mind the idea of trading for O'Neal..but at the same time I think its important to either get that 17th pick (to keep a flow of youngstersdeveloping for the future). Im kinda torn on that issue.

If we trade TJ I want a solid rebounder/defender as part of the deal, its always been a big issue for us all through last season. Besides CB nobody elsecrashes the boards as much. If only guys like Humphries and graham could play with the tenacity and attitude of a rodman or barkley.

I'd LOVE to see the raps trade TJ in a manner where they could move up the draft list but i highly doubt that'll happen

If we get Granger, its a good deal.
If JO comes along, fine.

But if we dont get Granger, the deal is gone down the drain. Rasho's contract is expiring, and TJ needs to go.

I agree with all of you, moving up in the draft is essential.

CDR would fit into the Raps system, but I think he wouldnt have an immediate impact.

If we deal the 17 pick though, and dont move up, ill be mad

Go for Martell Webster. Thats what I did in the mock draft
smile.gif
laugh.gif

Its pretty sad when you look back at how many draft picks the Raptors have wasted in the past 4-5 years. If we just drafted 1 solid player the outlook of thisfranchise would be completely brighter.

2003- Bosh (great pick)

2004-Araujo (we passed up on guys like Igoudala, Al Jefferson, Josh Smith)

2005-Charlie V (we passed up on Bynum)
2005-Joey Graham (we passed up on Danny Granger, Hakim Warrick, Jason Maxiell, David Lee)

2006- Bargnani (we passed up on LeMarcus Aldridge, Brandon Roy, Tyrus Thomas, Rudy Gay)

Realistically, we could've drafted a team that looked like this:
C-Bynum
PF-Bosh
SF-Granger
SG-Iggy
PG-Roy

Instead, our team looks like this:
C-Bargnani
PF-Bosh
SF-Moon
SG-Parker
PG-Calderon

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Ain't Jermaine O'Neal's knees already gone?
There was an article stating how many painkillers he needs to take DAILY.
Why do we need him?

That breakdown shows how hard it is to draft players... or how terrible Babcock is at doing it.
BC did a great job of bringing quality players to the organization, but this is a point where he has to make a move for the better of the team. JO isnt theanswer. If we could get Granger, I would love that move, and then move up in the draft to get a quality rebounder/slashing guard.

Two things: 1) Inside presence for shot blocking/rebounding/strength. 2) Slashing guard/forward that can make plays off the dribble (See Corey Maggette)

I like this trade and with 2 seasons left on O'Neal's contract, it's not a bad gamble.. He'd be able to play the C and let Bosh play PF full time!

And I would love to see that as well. The problem with that is how often JO really plays. Honestly, he hasnt played a full season since... well I dontremember. The year before the Palace incident I think. And even if he does get back to health, I dont think he will be as effective as he was in the past. Heis a great player, dont get me wrong, but how effective is he when he is injury ridden on the bench?

Thats why I didnt like the Okafor rumors before the trade deadline. I LOVE Okafor's game; but I dont like it when he is on the bench. Sure, he is no SeanMay with injuries, but every year something happens where he misses nearly 20 games.

I know TJ is also injury prone, but the great part is that we have a backup Point Guard that can fill the gap. If we trade TJ, we have to try and get a qualitypoint guard (or move Roko up to Canada), as well as a big.

So bring up the situation. What if Jermaine goes down if we trade for him. If he goes down, who will fill his gap? Rasho? Nope, gone to Indiana. Humphries?Wont fill the void. Bosh? Already starting. We dont have a backup for JO if he goes down.

Im high on Granger though. If we could get him, I would consider it a great trade, even if we do get JO

Back
Top Bottom