Toys R US Buy 2 get 1 Free Video Games...10/11-10/17

Just got NHL 10, 2K10, and Guitar Hero 5.

About to go flip 2K10 and GH5 for some store credit.

Question: To those of you who have been successful, when you get store credits for the gift receipts, do you take the gift cards and go right over to buy thegames or do you take the gift cards to another store?

im not reading thru all 20+ pages ..

What exactly are the steps and procedures to get this b2g1 going
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by GULLYDAGREAT

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Buy 2 get 1 free, get gift receipts for the 2 paid games. Note - make sure they scan the game you want to keep last, as that is the free one.

Return the 2 games w/ gift receipts for store credit (gift cards).

Purchase 2 more games w/ the gift cards and get another game free.

Repeat.

Originally Posted by JCH3

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Buy 2 get 1 free, get gift receipts for the 2 paid games. Note - make sure they scan the game you want to keep last, as that is the free one.

Repeat.
*leaves out the door
pimp.gif

if i have a gift card and do the buy 2 get 1 free can return it all can i get my cash back that way?

Originally Posted by needsomejays

it would probably be easier to pay cash the first time right? or do you guys think it really matters?

I did, although I don't think it really matters. I doubt that using a credit card could get you in trouble, although they are traceable (obviously). Justto be safe, I paid cash and that will be last time I do so for this sale.

Originally Posted by needsomejays

it would probably be easier to pay cash the first time right? or do you guys think it really matters?

I did, although I don't think it really matters. I doubt that using a credit card could get you in trouble, although they are traceable (obviously). Just to be safe, I paid cash and that will be last time I do so for this sale.
alright sounds good, im thinkin of goin out right now, dont have class till 6, see how this goes
laugh.gif

EDIT: Oh, also do you guys return them to the same TRU or do you go to a different one

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Repeat.

DAMN! So has people tried this and cleaned up? You can pretty much do this 3-4 times and get like 4-5 games, even more. Right?

Originally Posted by RFX45

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Repeat.

DAMN! So has people tried this and cleaned up? You can pretty much do this 3-4 times and get like 4-5 games, even more. Right?
go back a few pages dudes in here doing WORK!!!!!!!
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I didn't want to read all the pages but thanks for the confirmation.
I got to give this a try. Appreciate the heads up. Only a few days left though.

question

obviously, by the end of all this, you guys are going to be left with 2 gift cards from toys r us for 120 dollars or 2 extra games you probably dont want

do you guys plan on selling it?

^ I found NBA 2k10 easily. Didn't get it as my free game yet though. Managed to get Guitar Hero 5, and Punchout Wii free so far. Going back later today andgonna pickup uncharted 2 as my free game. Still need Batman and NBA 2K10. Might get some accessories free. I figure I can go to each store about 3 times eachand have my gf help the third time, So i should be able to come up with alotta stuff, of course I'd be going different times of day, and different days,but it's worked easily so far.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

question

obviously, by the end of all this, you guys are going to be left with 2 gift cards from toys r us for 120 dollars or 2 extra games you probably dont want

do you guys plan on selling it?
If you end up returning the two games for a gift card, you can sell it on ebay for the same price. Lookups toys r us gift cards on ebay and theyall go for about the same amount the cards worth.

So if you end up getting like 5 games free, and sell the gift card, you leave pretty much without spending a dime besides the gas you used to drive todifferent stores. Definetly something to take advantage of.

I don't get how dudes are going in with their friends all doing the same thing though, then wondering why it doesn't work.
laugh.gif

NBA LIVE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2k10.. IMO.. Got NHL 10 and HALOODST. Bout to stop. I think Im good. Im going to get MW2 with the gift card.. Thanks again NIKETALK.

Here's our take for the last 3 days! It's not much but we got what we needed:

10yhtle.jpg

We did this about 10 times and didn't get stopped once. We returned our last free game at Wal-Mart for store credit without the receipt. But my brothercame up with a great idea. You can switch up the whole thing and once you're done getting all the free games from Toys R Us you can return them to Wal-Martand basically get what you want. (ie a PS3, TV, a laptop, some furniture, cellphones, whatever you want)

so i just did this and picked up 2 random games and 1 game i wanted, and i asked the dude for 2 gift receipts for the 2 games i didnt want and he rung me upand told me he forgot to do them. so i was just like $%^& and thought he knew what was going on, so he told me to go to customer service to get them andthe lady did it with no problem, but she gave me a separate gift receipt for each game, so am i still good with this? or will that not work if i have one forevery game?

Wal Mart does exchanges without a receipt,
nerd.gif
?

I have a TRU gift card, but I can't find the elusive NBA 2k10. I went to an adjacent Best Buy just to see if this "NBA 2k10" video gameactually exists and guess what they had a bunch of copies for XBOX,
mad.gif

Makes me want to just settle for NBA Live,
smh.gif
, They have plenty of those. Is it just the fact that Kobe is on the cover that you can't find this gamein LA? or is it that people are wiping out all the stock at TRU?

app3612051255559190.jpg

I think i'm done idk getting some more to give away on my radio show... Wreckradio
pimp.gif
106.3fm in NYC or ROyalradio1063.com

holler

Back
Top Bottom