.......Transformers Art.....(UPDATE....29pics).....

wow, really nice
pimp.gif

and you have your own unique style, +1

Originally Posted by JAYS IN PHILLY

Man in my art class i had to use that technique of "cross-hatching" and i hated it so much. After seeing your drawings I wish i would have learned how to master it because your drawing look awesome ...

Thanks, I actually started cross-hatching back in 1995, at the time I thought it was just a regular way of drawing with ink. You can actually see that piece ofWolverine if you click on my link below. That was my only crosshatching piece and it would take 11 years later for me to utilize the same method again. Iresorted to painting in between. I just didnt see such method to be fun and interesting at the time. Anyways, it's not really difficult withcross-hatching, the key are spacing and using various point sizes. You dont have to really worry about drawing near-perfect parallel lines, because when allyour horizontal, vertical, and diagonal lines bisect each other, you can't even tell if your lines are straight.

Im stuck in charcoal right know, but really nice work
pimp.gif

but it doesnt make sense that we arent allowed to post art other than sneaker related in the art section, theres a graffiti thread full of toys
smh.gif

but again nice work, are you a student?

Just as a tip to further yourself with your art, don't just limit yourself to TF Generation 1, theres alot of other characters in the TF universe that Ithink you could draw really well. At the same time there are certain characters that have been introduced past Gen 1 which have ugly designs.

I like that mashup of Bats and Megatron, from just a viewer I like the contrast so I would suggest you explore more different combinations, could turn outreally well.

very dope, how did the final picture come out so clean, lol must be a good eraser

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Just as a tip to further yourself with your art, don't just limit yourself to TF Generation 1, theres alot of other characters in the TF universe that I think you could draw really well. At the same time there are certain characters that have been introduced past Gen 1 which have ugly designs.

I like that mashup of Bats and Megatron, from just a viewer I like the contrast so I would suggest you explore more different combinations, could turn out really well.

I hated post-G1 so much that I only watched a few episodes. I can recall there were only a few characters I liked, Metroplex and the Protectobots. I mightpossibly draw those too.

Originally Posted by Jaye05

very dope, how did the final picture come out so clean, lol must be a good eraser

Thanks I start out with a sketch, once it's done, I erase the entire sketch softly with an eraser. You could still see the drawing and the outlines whichact as your guide. Ink doesn't really apply very well on thick and solid pencil marks. All the other details just come afterwards.

Brought back memories. Thanks. APpreciate it. Are you a fan of transformers now? I know tha animation TF is garbage. BUt I enjoy watchng my son watching theshow lol.

Back
Top Bottom