Trinidad James said "The South runs NY" while in NYC..

I can see the association could be made most because of the type of energy the two share but sonically hyphy and crunk sounded nothing a like. Hyphy was also literally a snapshot of urban youth culture out here at the time and was about as unique to the Bay it could possibly be. That said, hyphy represents the tiniest fraction of Bay Area rap music. When people are talking Bay rap 99% of the time they're talking mobb music. 

I just feel like people are over that NY 90's dark grunge sound that NAS and BIGGIE basically invented. Do you guys ever think NY will come back, and reclaim hip hop with a new NYC sound???
It's funny because I really think the closest thing to this for years now has been the music coming out the hood in the Bay. All the new generation of rappers out here who've followed in the footsteps of the Jacka/Mob Figaz who were heavily NY influenced pretty much fit that mold to me. 

Last edited:

I can see the association could be made most because of the type of energy the two share but sonically hyphy and crunk sounded nothing a like. Hyphy was also literally a snapshot of urban youth culture out here at the time and was about as unique to the Bay it could possibly be. That said, hyphy represents the tiniest fraction of Bay Area rap music. When people are talking Bay rap 99% of the time they're talking mobb music. 

It's funny because I really think the closest thing to this for years has been the music coming out the hood in the Bay. All the new generation of rappers out here who've followed in the footsteps of the Jacka/Mob Figaz who were heavily NY influenced pretty much fit that mold to me. 

Damn I could say that your right bro I can hear NAS in both this songs. Jacka best bay area of all time IMO

@ICE CITY FC
 I always thought the Bay Area, copied the Crunk Image wen they where on there HYPHY movement with Mac Dre. I personal think both region are similar, cause they make laid back simple music that is catchy, and are great to listen to in the club. I just feel like people are over that NY 90's dark grunge sound that NAS and BIGGIE basically invented. Do you guys ever think NY will come back, and reclaim hip hop with a new NYC sound???

No, because I think regional sounds don't really exist anymore with the way people listen to music.

Everything is sort of morphing in to one big gumbo.

You have south artist who have more of a "New York" sound. You have Cali and Chicago rappers who you would think were from the south.

It's a lot different than the 90's, and it stems from how accessible rap music is on the internet. Rap has become bigger than your block or neighborhood.

But then again, one New York rapper could become big and it sort of opens the door. People keep saying Cali is back, but besides him, nationally it's still Dre, Game and Snoop.

Last edited:
Trinidad is done. NY DJ's are already saying they wont play his music anymore.. how is Def Jam gonna market an artis when NY has shut him out.

Trinidad James was done anyway. He's a terrible rapper and became a punchline for jokes before even putting out an album.

He should have never been signed in the first place. He'll go down with the other one hit wonders.

Regional sounds will always exists... Hell accents are

da only thing that has survived internet

homogenization.

Accents are something totally different

anybody caught Funk Flex's rant on Trinidad James on HOT 97? was listening to it last night and he said he ain't getting no burn anymore. he said that that burn time will now be given to other NY artists that need it. trying to find a link but it's not up i guess.

anybody caught Funk Flex's rant on Trinidad James on HOT 97? was listening to it last night and he said he ain't getting no burn anymore. he said that that burn time will now be given to other NY artists that need it. trying to find a link but it's not up i guess.

:rofl: Welp that's what he wanted right?

bet he'll still play wayne tho.

flex is a clown.

Phonte, J Cole, Pusha, Cyhi, Jay Elec, Wayne
roll.gif

that reach 
AMAZING

?
they do sound like they're heavily influenced by the north tho...if anything t.i. was more of a reach although clearly he is if you look at the way he structures his bars...

dunno maybe you're being sarcastic.

?
they do sound like they're heavily influenced by the north tho...if anything t.i. was more of a reach although clearly he is if you look at the way he structures his bars...

dunno maybe you're being sarcastic.
no im not 
I never put any type of label as far as what region a rapper is from unless that 

certain accent is there which almost that whole list of rappers dont have a southern accent (per se)

but to sit here and act as if they sound like NY rappers is ******g ridiculous 

it just goes with the whole stereotype that Ny cats have to sprinkle some type of 

credit on every damn thing lol
roll.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
no im not 

I never put any type of label as far as what region a rapper is from unless that 
certain accent is there which almost that whole list of rappers dont have a southern accent (per se)
but to sit here and act as if they sound like NY rappers is ******g ridiculous 
it just goes with the whole stereotype that Ny cats have to sprinkle some type of 
credit on every damn thing lol:rofl: :smh:  

There's nothing to try and take credit for.

Facts is facts b

Fell?

You make money in hip hop?

The consumer is the one who loses with poor quality and non lyrical music. The south won though, right?
lol typo it happens 

but how can a consumer lose on what you think is quality music

when they are the ones that pay for it

how can a consumer lose when they buy a album by Future when they already know what they are getting into

**** every consumer knows what they are getting into when they buy an album from an artist damn near all the time

it probably why they support that artist LOL

this the south winning **** and Ny being garbage debate is hitting to close to your heart 

lol typo it happens 

but how can a consumer lose on what you think is quality music
when they are the ones that pay for it
how can a consumer lose when they buy a album by Future when they already know what they are getting into
**** every consumer knows what they are getting into when they buy an album from an artist damn near all the time
it probably why they support that artist LOL
this the south winning **** and Ny being garbage debate is hitting to close to your heart 

The consumer loses because instead of Public Enemy they get Chief Keef. Instead of Rakim they get Yo Gotti.

BTW who is winning from Texas?

The consumer loses because instead of Public Enemy they get Chief Keef. Instead of Rakim they get Yo Gotti.

BTW who is winning from Texas?
what did I tell you about getting so damn emotional
if they want to listen to that then so be it you act as if your not able to find the

discography for any of those artist ***** we are in the internet age its nothing to find a

Rakim or PE record in a finger snap (not a new one) since you want to compare it to new artist

and also your right there is no new Texas artist at the forefront of rap

but i bet nobody wont and cant come down here and say our new artist sounds like someone else

or complain about or new artist getting any spins in their own city 
roll.gif

if nobody wants to listen to those artist that you name then so be it 

the culture is more of a business then anything now and they give them what they want

so if they want a chief keef and that what makes money that what you get

and most of the time when a quality product by your favorite artist comes out most of the time

they dont buy it but complain about it 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom