Trinidad James said "The South runs NY" while in NYC..

of course but I wasnt checking for that then and not now 
lyrics has evolved even from the most simplest rapper compared to that then

Lyrics haven't evolved, it's devolved. The only thing that's evolved is flow and rhyme scheme, and even for a lot of artist it hasn't.

When did Bun B start rapping?

Last edited:
Lyrics haven't evolved, it's devolved. The only thing that's evolved is flow and rhyme scheme, and even for a lot of artist it hasn't.

When did Bun B start rapping?
well i guess we have to agree to disagree 

because im not astonished by anything that a rapper from the 80's

have said compared to the wackiest rapper in today market and Bun B started rapping in the late 80"s was born in 73

and I like his classic **** from the 90's which wasnt the 80's and his new **** 

soooooooooooooo??????????????????????????????????

Maino is constantly putting out music an in terms of careers his is a million times more respected then Trinidad's.

People aren't mad that the south is getting play it's the kind of songs and the "artist" who get it. Nobody is complaining about the T.I's, Jeezy, Ross's of the world.

They are complaining about the Migos, Rich Homie, Scooter etc etc type's who are essentially making the same song over and over again and people are calling it hot. Then if your not making that exact kind of music your not really getting a chance at radio.

It's all disposable music, the people who listen to the radio in 2013 obviously don't have much of a scope on the hiphop landscape, so they are influenced heavy by the radio. If those people have no other options they are going to think that These songs on the radio are what hip-hop is suppose to sound like, like it's the norm for every other song to have no depth and have the same tempo and themes.

This isn't just hurting the NYC rappers it's hurting everyone... Look how many people on this board will say Jeezy or TIP are washed up but in the next sentence request a new gunplay or some migos **** and say that's hard :x.

This culture of bad raps and complete ripoffs of artist is shaping what a whole demographic thinks Hot hiphop music should sound like. The influence of the radio and the influence of mags like Fader really seem to be blurring the views on what's bad rap.

the tide will change soon enough, just remember, hip hop always has different phases. right now The West Coast is on top with Kendrick & TDE. Em is from the Midwest and his album just dropped so it's shifted on his side. Ross is about to drop an album so it might come back to the South, then you got the East Coast thriving for a resurgence. it's all a cycle in the end of the day. just a matter of time until the focus is on the East Coast.

Last edited:
well i guess we have to agree to disagree 
because im not astonished by anything that a rapper from the 80's
have said compared to the wackiest rapper in today market and Bun B started rapping in the late 80"s was born in 73
and I like his classic **** from the 90's which wasnt the 80's and his new **** 
soooooooooooooo??????????????????????????????????

Not all 80's music is Busy B

So rap is more lyrical now than what Kool Moe Dee, LL, Ice Cube, Kool G Rap, KRS and Rakim were doing?

Only amongst the top 5%

That's the reason Bun B can put out Trill OG 20 years later.

Not all 80's music is Busy B

So rap is more lyrical now than what Kool Moe Dee, LL, Ice Cube, Kool G Rap, KRS and Rakim were doing?

Only amongst the top 5%

That's the reason Bun B can put out Trill OG 20 years later.
yes IMHO
thats is all appreciated though

Trinidad is right. Other regions are running New York radio. The only one holdin' it down for the Mecca is Bronsolini.

How you gone let one of us down south ****** come up there and talk wet about your whole city tho im done  
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Maino is trash, he's the perfect example of why NY is failing, all the street cred in the world -with NO good records.

I'd listen to Trinidad before Maino and James is trash -FACT.

NY been irrelevant since the Dips dibanded - FACT.

French Montana( arguably THE artist in NY right now) moved 50k - FACT

The West coast and the South are killing the game because they don't take themselves too seriously, and make good music. It's that simple. All this yackity yacking about running with styles is pointless. I mean at this point who is 100% original? Even Bronson - who IMO has the tape of the year, obviously gets influence from another rapper. 

It's 30 years + this art form is alive, groups like radiohead get props all the time for blending influences and styles- why can't the same be done for hip hop?

For example I'll always give Asap his props because at first I didn't *** with him because he was thieving texas style verbatim, but his album dropped and dude showed some original flows. 

If it's good it's good, no more no less.

Last edited:
Maino is trash, he's the perfect example of why NY is failing, all the street cred in the world -with NO good records.

I agree, and I'm not a "macho man", and I enjoy my "lame" anti social rappers, but as an old head, I can appreciate the fact that some lames are being told they can't speak as openly as they feel, just because they had a hypebeast single.

Maino is constantly putting out music an in terms of careers his is a million times more respected then Trinidad's.

People aren't mad that the south is getting play it's the kind of songs and the "artist" who get it. Nobody is complaining about the T.I's, Jeezy, Ross's of the world.

They are complaining about the Migos, Rich Homie, Scooter etc etc type's who are essentially making the same song over and over again and people are calling it hot. Then if your not making that exact kind of music your not really getting a chance at radio.

It's all disposable music, the people who listen to the radio in 2013 obviously don't have much of a scope on the hiphop landscape, so they are influenced heavy by the radio. If those people have no other options they are going to think that These songs on the radio are what hip-hop is suppose to sound like, like it's the norm for every other song to have no depth and have the same tempo and themes.

This isn't just hurting the NYC rappers it's hurting everyone... Look how many people on this board will say Jeezy or TIP are washed up but in the next sentence request a new gunplay or some migos **** and say that's hard :x.

This culture of bad raps and complete ripoffs of artist is shaping what a whole demographic thinks Hot hiphop music should sound like. The influence of the radio and the influence of mags like Fader really seem to be blurring the views on what's bad rap.
"****** lookin like preach" (Drake Voice)

I don't understand when yall say stuff like this..."Let".... You can't prevent a grown *** man from speaking his mind.

Pretty sure he meant that y'all let the man say what he said, and leave with no repercussions, other than the internet/social networking chatter which is a majority of this thread. Maino agrees

Pretty sure he meant that y'all let the man say what he said, and leave with no repercussions, other than the internet/social networking chatter which is a majority of this thread. Maino agrees
That's my point. So what, he's suppose to get touched cuz he spoke his mind? 
eyes.gif
.. Yeah ok.

Yes it's a future single.

I'll give you Pusha but not clipse. You know like I know that all parts of VA outside the beach are not NY influenced. Its a toss up. Norfolk is one of the exceptions to the rule.

I understand you saying they are trying to copy or mimic but....why can't anyone from the east coast pop with that sound then? It's the guys at the top (Jay, Diddy, Ye) knowing that the south will get behind it due to where its from.

If the south got Cash Out popping as wack as he was of course Pusha T and Cole will boom. Why not French though? Why Not Joey Badass?

Cause the truth is outside of all of us hip-hop heads on NT. The east coast hears as many future & ross lyrics as they do Hov in 2013.

It hurts to admit I know but its the way the world is. I never said it was right or wrong. I just stated the facts.

I just wanna hear some lyrics pushed to the forefront no matter where they are from.

But...

From all standpoints the south does run things. Look at it anyway you want.
Future can't carry songs by himself.

***** you not being honest

NY needs this man freed. Call me crazy but I think Max would be big right now if he was out. Dude is 10x more talented than most of these _'s out right now and he had his own style/sound.
Damn man broke my heart to hear he did all that **** for a measly 75k. would be one of the best out right now.

NY needs this man freed. Call me crazy but I think Max would be big right now if he was out. Dude is 10x more talented than most of these _'s out right now and he had his own style/sound.
Basically..Def would've helped French out.. I think the run and get Future to sing the hook train would be shorter as well..

That's my point. So what, he's suppose to get touched cuz he spoke his mind? :rolleyes .. Yeah ok.

Didn't Trinidad James get sensitive over Joe Budden's control response?

Didn't he run up on Power 105 acting like a tough guy talking about what he doesn't appreciate people talking about and disrespecting him? That he would lay hands on them?

Hopsin said he's the wackest rapper ever. I'm sure he will look at that as just an opinion, right?

Last edited:

I'd listen to Trinidad before Maino and James is trash -FACT.

NY been irrelevant since the Dips dibanded - FACT.

French Montana( arguably THE artist in NY right now) moved 50k - FACT

The West coast and the South are killing the game because they don't take themselves too seriously, and make good music. It's that simple. All this yackity yacking about running with styles is pointless. I mean at this point who is 100% original? Even Bronson - who IMO has the tape of the year, obviously gets influence from another rapper. 

It's 30 years + this art form is alive, groups like radiohead get props all the time for blending influences and styles- why can't the same be done for hip hop?

For example I'll always give Asap his props because at first I didn't *** with him because he was thieving texas style verbatim, but his album dropped and dude showed some original flows. 

If it's good it's good, no more no less.

When did an opinion become fact?

So Jay and 50 aren't from New York?

Who from the west is hotter than Jay? And who exactly is so hot form the west besides Kendrick?

That's my point. So what, he's suppose to get touched cuz he spoke his mind? :rolleyes .. Yeah ok.

Uh, thats actually how its supposed to work.
In Detroit, Cali, Chi, if you hate on their music/ artists as a region, while your in that region, your body guards gon be earning that hazard pay foreal. I watched the vid expectin a bottle to fly pass this dude head. Like, Im not saying he deserved it, but the NY I grew up in, you had to watch what you said and who you said it to.

Last edited:
U could never come to my city disrespect our **** n make it back to the A, hell he wouldn't have made it out that venue. Maino should be mad at the audience for allowing that **** or thev other ny rappers who let it fly.

This is why I find it hilarious HIM of all people made these comments.

Pure hypocrisy

That's why I say this is based around him not being able to deal with the pressure of producing another hit and album for Def Jam. Dudes trying to keep his buzz up, because he's looking like the next Afroman right now.

Last edited:
U could never come to my city disrespect our **** n make it back to the A, hell he wouldn't have made it out that venue. Maino should be mad at the audience for allowing that **** or thev other ny rappers who let it fly.

He was

Smoke DZA commented on it, because he was at the show. He said when people heard about what he said, he locked himself in his dressing room behind security.

Back
Top Bottom