Trinidad James said "The South runs NY" while in NYC..

This NY slang bro. When making a relatively convincing argument in NY.. Ppl say Facts

That's not NY slang, that's internet slang that people need to leave on the internet :lol:

You didn't realize the person who said it wasn't from New York?

Do u guys think that any Cali artist have southern hip hop influence????

A bunch of the new artist

Tyga, YG, Problem

DJ Mustard's production

my dream crib is somethin similar to one in that too short video
nthat.gif

That's not NY slang, that's internet slang that people need to leave on the internet :lol:

You didn't realize the person who said it wasn't from New York?
A bunch of the new artist

Tyga, YG, Problem

DJ Mustard's production

All there styles are Bay Area influenced I think

I have a good feeling that the official end of TJ career will happen in this threads lifetime, so lets hope it happens before the year is over.

Last edited:
Well I'll be damned, never heard a southern artist artist pronounce their R's. Dat boy free gots some learnin in him.

i really hope that by 2014 this clown is nothing but a distant memory..

and i've felt like that since i first seen his ugly ***.

how much riff raff gets love but Tj doesn't?
because riff raff actually got skills.

No room for riff raff slander

how come riff raff gets love but Tj doesn't?
riff raff got talent

how come riff raff gets love but Tj doesn't?
Riff Raff's north side flow >> Trinidad James anything

Just had to put emphasis on these again

Last edited:
Hip hop is f'd up. White girls using the N word , Nickelodeon kids getting street cred, R&B singers posting gay letters, Rappers wearing dresses, Dj's tricking on dudes, Rappers drinking medicine like its water.. And they trying to say a rapper that wears leopard leggings is the greatest of our time. Oh And a Cop is using a Known drug lords legal name as his rap Name. SMDH

Do u guys think that any Cali artist have southern hip hop influence????
E40 to me has some southern influence. I know a lot of people not from West Coast don't like him but yeah I think his sound has some southern style to it.
E40 doesn't have any southern influence musically but culturally the black population out here is influenced in a lot of ways by our southern roots. Different from elsewhere in the country since blacks were migrating North one by one over the span of generations, there was pretty much a mass exodus that lead them out here in rapid succession and it wasn't all that long ago. 

Bay Area rap had a HEAVY influence on southern rap throughout the 90's. If you could ask Scarface, Bun, Pimp C they'd tell you personally. It was a two way street a lot of mutual respect really. I think it has to do with the cultural connections I mentioned. Outside of the city of Chicago the Midwest is probably the one region the Bay has had the greatest influence on. That's all give no take though. 

While we're on the topic and since he was brought up, it's interesting how I never see Max B's heavy heavy West coast influence acknowledged by New Yorkers on NT. People talk about he was so unique and had his own sound, nah bruh that's pure west coast sound packaged and executed by an artist with the talent to have been one of the greats. 

Last edited:
@ICE CITY FC  I always thought the Bay Area, copied the Crunk Image wen they where on there HYPHY movement with Mac Dre. I personal think both region are similar, cause they make laid back simple music that is catchy, and are great to listen to in the club. I just feel like people are over that NY 90's dark grunge sound that NAS and BIGGIE basically invented. Do you guys ever think NY will come back, and reclaim hip hop with a new NYC sound???

Back
Top Bottom