Turkoglu agrees to terms with the Raptors.....i think

Originally Posted by BangDak

Originally Posted by goukiteg

I don't understand why the Blazers have a win right now mentality considering they have one of the better young nucleus in the league.

they need an veteran with playoff experience to help lead them.
And Hedo is that leader? Does he have playoff experience? Sure. Can he teach them how to win? I don't think so. I just don't see it.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

I don't understand why the Blazers have a win right now mentality considering they have one of the better young nucleus in the league.

When is the last time "a great young nucleus" panned out????? Think about it...

Yes, but they are still adding pieces. Does Hedo make them better than what they are now? Sure. Does he put them over the top? No. He might spread the floormore and adds another ball handler, but they have already have plenty of ball handlers and 3-point shooters. Where's their low post presence? And don'tsay Oden. Aldridge is more of a shot jump shooting big man more than anything else.

the blazers got a very good bench with turk there.... if rudy stays... the portland radio show is riding all over this..

And Hedo is that leader? Does he have playoff experience? Sure. Can he teach them how to win? I don't think so. I just don't see it.
he did lead orlando to the finals right?
you can argue that it was dwight's presence that got them that far, but w.o hedo, theres no way the magic could have gotten that far.
but you cant be telling me that this team would be better off without hedo though, are you?

he did lead orlando to the finals right?
you can argue that it was dwight's presence that got them that far, but w.o hedo, theres no way the magic could have gotten that far.
but you cant be telling me that this team would be better off without hedo though, are you?
Dwight makes that team tick. Would they of gotten there without Hedo? No.

But yes Hedo does make Portland better, but over the top? No. And adding Hedo at what expense?

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by srvballer

I may be in the minority but I don't think Hedo makes them THAT much better nor does it put them over the top...
I think people will be more surprised by how the team will just be an average playoff team in the West.

only people who dont actually watch games would be surprised by this.

and hedo's one of my favourite players.

he put up solid numbers in a free flowing offense, and plays very well off of an inside presence, but he's not a guy who's going to put any borderlineteam over the top.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by srvballer

I may be in the minority but I don't think Hedo makes them THAT much better nor does it put them over the top...
I think people will be more surprised by how the team will just be an average playoff team in the West.

only people who dont actually watch games would be surprised by this.

and hedo's one of my favourite players.

he put up solid numbers in a free flowing offense, and plays very well off of an inside presence, but he's not a guy who's going to put any borderline team over the top.
Speaking of this, I hope Coach McMillian is ready to let the reigns off the Blazers and have them run more. It'll benefit them considering allthe depth and athletes they have.

Originally Posted by schmalzilla

I liked the Blazers last year, I think they will be one of the top 5 in the West now. Once Oden gets it together and lives up to the hype, this team could be really good.

The Blazers would've been championship contenders LAST year had Oden lived up to only 50% of the hype he was getting prior to this season.. Instead, hedidn't even live up to 30%. Oden will have to get a lot better very fast in order to come close to living up to the hype he was getting. What a hugedisappointment, I had really high hopes for him. Portland keep taking Ls with their big men draft selections.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by schmalzilla

I liked the Blazers last year, I think they will be one of the top 5 in the West now. Once Oden gets it together and lives up to the hype, this team could be really good.

The Blazers would've been championship contenders LAST year had Oden lived up to only 50% of the hype he was getting prior to this season.. Instead, he didn't even live up to 30%. Oden will have to get a lot better very fast in order to come close to living up to the hype he was getting. What a huge disappointment, I had really high hopes for him. Portland keep taking Ls with their big men draft selections.
He's played one season
indifferent.gif

Eh, I'm not concerned about the Blazers. They're young, they're good, but they are not great.

Hedo does not put them over the top of anything.

If oden can can play good this team can beat the Fakers.

there young and so skilled at every spot

some where my boy rafa is smiling.

Oden improvement will make a huge impact to this team, Lamarcus is getting better too!

hedo is a great addition to the team... but i still want rudy on the team.

i cant wait for the next season to start!! I need a sig now!

Aldridge just better work on his jumpshot game.

With all the pick and roll possibilities on this team, he's gonna be left unchecked on the perimeter a ton.

I really like the signing, though.

Hedo may not seem like a true leader, but he's got that humble confidence that should go well with these kids.

I just really, really hope this isn't at the expense of keeping Rudy on the team...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

Aldridge just better work on his jumpshot game.

With all the pick and roll possibilities on this team, he's gonna be left unchecked on the perimeter a ton.

I really like the signing, though.

Hedo may not seem like a true leader, but he's got that humble confidence that should go well with these kids.

I just really, really hope this isn't at the expense of keeping Rudy on the team...
ohwell.gif
He better work on his POST game.

I hope Rudy doesn't leave because it wouldn't be worth it for Portland to lose him by adding Turk. I like the fact that Bayless will get an opportunityIF they don't make a trade for another PG which seems unlikely at this point. I believe they will roll with Bayless close to midway through the season.

roll.gif
Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:

[h3]Hedo Turkoglu rejects Blazers, ends negotiations[/h3] [h4]Posted by Jason Quick, The Oregonian July 03, 2009 17:57PM[/h4]
Categories: Breaking News

The Oregonian has learned that free agent forward Hedo Turkoglu has rejected an offer to sign with the Trail Blazers and has ended negotiations with the team.

He will leave town tomorrow morning.

More to come.

laugh.gif

eek.gif

roll.gif

I thought it was a done deal?

Back
Top Bottom