Turkoglu agrees to terms with the Raptors.....i think

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Karma smacked Portland. That's what they get for tryin to derail D. Miles' career, so they could have more cap space. Players talk amongst themselves and are observant. You can't tell me Turk had that in the back of his mind.....along with the extra 6 million the Raptors wanted to pay him.
Irrelevant in this case if you ask me.

Toronto is more Euro-friendly and that's where Turk's wife wanted to be.

Hedo has to be the most overrated player in the league.
ohwell.gif

I'm pretty luke warm with this signing if it does happen, plus that contract will be a burden to our cap.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Hedo has to be the most overrated player in the league.
ohwell.gif

I'm pretty luke warm with this signing if it does happen, plus that contract will be a burden to our cap.
tired.gif
im not a fan either
smh.gif

[h1]Source: Turkoglu changes mind on Blazers[/h1]
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 1 hour, 20 minutes ago

• Buzz up!
  • [h5]Print[/h5]

More From Adrian Wojnarowski

Free agent Hedo Turkoglu(notes)has backed out of his commitment to the Portland Trail Blazers and plansto sign with the Toronto Raptors, a source close to the talks toldYahoo! Sports on Friday night.

Turkoglu had agreed on a five-year, $50 million deal with the Blazers, but changed his mind and could be headed for a five-year, $56 million deal with theRaptors. Toronto would have to renounce three free agents - Shawn Marion(notes), Carlos Delfino(notes)and Anthony Parker(notes)- to create the cap space for Turkoglu.

Apparently, the Blazers are already busy exploring other free-agent options for the $9 million in salary-cap space.

A source says Turkoglu's wife wanted badly to live in Toronto, a far more European-style city, and that's where it appears the Turkish native isheaded. The Raptors have embraced the Euro game under GM Bryan Colangelo, building a roster that includes Euro talents Jose Calderon(notes)and Andrea Bargnani(notes).

Five years ago, Turkoglu was close to signing with the Phoenix Sunsthat Colangelo was running, but changed his mind and went to the OrlandoMagic.

After opting out of his contract last week in Orlando, he became one of the hottest free agents on the market. Turkoglu, 30, averaged 16.8 points and 5.3rebounds last season for the Magic.

stupid move on toronto's part. they should offered that 56 mill to artest, and should now instead offer it to odom or maybe even iverson. the team is evenbetter off with marion rather than turk even

I can't remember can Turk play D? If not I don't want him here.

fft17_mf73445.Jpeg

3abb3d1b-2009_02_27_xl.jpg

hedo%2BTuyrkoglu.Jpeg

Pictures I think of Turk's wife.

Still should have stayed in Orlando Turk, but you're getting that money.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

I think Turk's an average defender. Maybe even below that since he had D12 back there protecting him.

He did swat Kobe in the Finals tho
laugh.gif

OK a bunch of you in this thread are just being complete haters. Hedo is the GOODS

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

He's an average defensive player, certainly not as good as Marion, but having Derozan and a healthy Calderon and Reggie Evans will improve ourD quite abit, plus Marc Ivaroni the new assistant coach can spin #!@# into gold when it comes to defense.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Dude aint even an all star...

OVER_RATED!
Considering Mo Williams was an all-star, that doesn't mean much.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

fft17_mf73445.Jpeg

3abb3d1b-2009_02_27_xl.jpg

hedo%2BTuyrkoglu.Jpeg

Pictures I think of Turk's wife.

Still should have stayed in Orlando Turk, but you're getting that money.
Okay, I don't blame Turk for listening to his wife
laugh.gif
devil.gif

laugh.gif
At him thinking he deserves more than that. He had a good year and he's consistent but he was ghost when it mattered.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

laugh.gif
At him thinking he deserves more than that. He had a good year and he's consistent but he was ghost when it mattered.
Maybe against the Lakers series, but he stepped up against the Sixers, Celtics and Cavs.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by Lazy B

laugh.gif
Maybe against the Lakers series, but he stepped up against the Sixers, Celtics and Cavs.
Hence when it mattered.

Back
Top Bottom