Turkoglu agrees to terms with the Raptors.....i think

Originally Posted by CP1708

Good non move for Portland. 50 mil for Turk is bad business, period.

But has to make one wonder if any decent player will ever sign in Portland doesn't it? Toronto that much better city to live in when not winning? Yikes.

yes absolutely.

Toronto is one of the nicest and most diverse cities in the world quite frankly.

this kind of misconception is a huge reason it's twice as hard for the raptors to be contenders as any other team.

what about.... Bosh for Scola-Battier-Von Wafer on a S/T - Hayes

Bosh goes back to Texas and a Bosh - Mcgrady - Yao lineup would look good in 2011

Raps

Bargs - Scola - Turk - Derozan - Calderon

Hayes - Evans - Battier - Von Wafer - Ukic

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

But has to make one wonder if any decent player will ever sign in Portland doesn't it? Toronto that much better city to live in when not winning? Yikes.

yes absolutely.

Toronto is one of the nicest and most diverse cities in the world quite frankly.

this kind of misconception is a huge reason it's twice as hard for the raptors to be contenders as any other team.
What are your winters like? I thought it was snow 6 months a year in the winter (NBA season)

P-Town is just rain for 9 months.

But still, he would be on a decent contender in Portland, and borderline playoff team in Toronto, with a chance to lose their best player, maybe by the tradedeadline, and that's more appealing at just 2 mil more a year? Wow.

Does not speak well for this area (as I have maintained my whole life.
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by jordan23mike23

what about.... Bosh for Scola-Battier-Von Wafer on a S/T - Hayes

Bosh goes back to Texas and a Bosh - Mcgrady - Yao lineup would look good in 2011

Raps

Bargs - Scola - Turk - Derozan - Calderon

Hayes - Evans - Battier - Von Wafer - Ukic

xaqe53.jpg

You guys got a player in DeRozan. Kid seems to be focused which is great news for Raptors fans.

Anthony, Joey and Shawn won't be back.
Knew about Marion and Parker, but why not hold onto Joey Graham? He's got the skills necessary to succeed but I feel like Toronto has neverused him right nor given Graham adequate playing time.

whats wrong with that, you have to consider it from the view point of who would be willing to make a deal for players that fit with Bargs-Turk-Calderon now

Scola is a force down low on offence, hes a tough player, can spread the floor and knows how to play the pick and roll game

Battier offers a tough defender off the bench who can make shots, a real vet

Hayes is a dominant low post defender to play when either Scola or Bargs sit

and Von Wafer provides a good spark plug off the bench for scoring

do you people think the Raps are going to get Blake Griffin and Kaman for Bosh? We need a back to the basket post player to match with Turk and Bargs - oneonly one I see that may be available is Scola

do you not understand the value of adding depth, if we make that move this year and add another player with the MLE next year we could become a tough team,we're not getting Lebron/Wade or anybody of that caliber, we have to build a team out of second teir and third tier players

to me Scola is a second tier player, Battier Hayes and Von Wafer are third tier players in the league, good solid role players

depth is going to be an important part of the Raps building some success simply because we dont have top tier talent, so we have to send more guys out therewho play harder than other teams, we need a team that hustles

with Bargs-Scola-Turk-Calderon running pick and roll motion we would be a very tough team to defend - all four can hit a shot from 18 ft and can roll to thebasket to finish

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

You guys got a player in DeRozan. Kid seems to be focused which is great news for Raptors fans.

Anthony, Joey and Shawn won't be back.
Knew about Marion and Parker, but why not hold onto Joey Graham? He's got the skills necessary to succeed but I feel like Toronto has never used him right nor given Graham adequate playing time.

joey's has had ample chance to shine.

he's started 58 games over 3 season and has averaged near 20 mins a game.

if a coach gives a young player 20 starts in a season that should be enough for that player to prove he belongs in that lineup.

but he was never consistent enough to stay in the lineup for more thatn 6-7 games at a time.

joey's a very solid athlete but there is almost zero bball IQ there.

I also thought we should have kept joey. Just an athletic body to come off the bench in this type of situation is what we need. Hedo is alone at 3, with nosolid backup. Graham would have been able to step in and give Hedo the break in games he would need.

I dont mind this signing after all, for what it cost. We upgraded where we needed to. Now we need a service able backup for our 2/3 spot.

Been hearing Linus Kleaza may be signing with us too? Any rumor on his situation?

jordan, theres nothing wrong with the deal itself.
its just that the rockets would never except something like that.
bosh isn't staying, why give half the team for him?

portland is a POS city (borderline boonies) while toronto is a metropolitan city which wayyyy more to offer. everyone thinks canada is some sort of lamecountry where its citizens drink milks from bags, hockey/curling is what we play in our spare time............. toronto >>> portland by a longshot. idont blame turk for signing there.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

portland is a POS city (borderline boonies) while toronto is a metropolitan city which wayyyy more to offer. everyone thinks canada is some sort of lame country where its citizens drink milks from bags, hockey/curling is what we play in our spare time............. toronto >>> portland by a longshot. i dont blame turk for signing there.
eek.gif
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Sure TOR might be a "better" city than POR, but log off anyway for speaking out your bottom

POR is the beer capital of the freakin country. That scores some points

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

portland is a POS city (borderline boonies) while toronto is a metropolitan city which wayyyy more to offer. everyone thinks canada is some sort of lame country where its citizens drink milks from bags, hockey/curling is what we play in our spare time............. toronto >>> portland by a longshot. i dont blame turk for signing there.
eek.gif
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Sure TOR might be a "better" city than POR, but log off anyway for speaking out your bottom

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
i have triple citizenship (USA canada and hong kong) i lived in bothtoronto and seattle (stayed in portland over the spring break). ill stick to my word, portland is a pos city, there's nothing to offer there. toronto isone of the greatest cities in the world for a reason
pimp.gif
. while portlandhas the highest suicide and unemployment rates
roll.gif
. the blazers are luckyto have brandon roy since portland is like 2 hours away from his hometown, otherwise he'd have bounced by now.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Been hearing Linus Kleaza may be signing with us too? Any rumor on his situation?
yea,
i heard about this too...
if its true, and if we could pull it off..
it would be
pimp.gif

and its 'Klieza' btw

yes absolutely.

What are your winters like? I thought it was snow 6 months a year in the winter (NBA season)

P-Town is just rain for 9 months.

But still, he would be on a decent contender in Portland, and borderline playoff team in Toronto, with a chance to lose their best player, maybe by the trade deadline, and that's more appealing at just 2 mil more a year? Wow.

Does not speak well for this area (as I have maintained my whole life.
laugh.gif
)
Who knows how Hedo being an international player factored into the deal. I would guess that the cosmopolitan makeup of Toronto had to appeal tohim. Add in the fact that the offense system suits him and 2 million more isn't exactly chump change and it makes much more sense.

Originally Posted by arrjae

yea,
it would be
pimp.gif

and its 'Klieza' btw

you mean 'kleiza' ?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

yea,
it would be
pimp.gif

and its 'Klieza' btw

you mean 'kleiza' ?
grin.gif

you mean 'kleizaizeaza'.

Originally Posted by Physicx

yea,
it would be
pimp.gif

and its 'Klieza' btw

you mean 'kleiza' ?
grin.gif

you mean 'kleizaizeaza'.

Thx all.

Clutch +%$!#

laugh.gif

I really hope we can get him though. That would fill our void at the backup 2/3.

keiza isnt really the type of 3 who can shift over to 2guard.

turk's handle allows him to play some 2 though.

im not entirely familiar with this year's FA list but i think a true 2 who can shift up a position would work better.

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

eek.gif
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
i have triple citizenship (USA canada and hong kong) i lived in both toronto and seattle (stayed in portland over the spring break). ill stick to my word, portland is a pos city, there's nothing to offer there. toronto is one of the greatest cities in the world for a reason
pimp.gif
. while portland has the highest suicide and unemployment rates
roll.gif
. the blazers are lucky to have brandon roy since portland is like 2 hours away from his hometown, otherwise he'd have bounced by now.
You're an idiot. And it shows you used to live in Seattle with that elitist attitude of your current city being the best. You really thinkPortland has more unemployed than Detroit? Really? Shut up. Portland isn't even the highest unemployed city in Oregon. And suicides, it's not close tobeing the top.

As far as nothing to offer... you must be underage, and still, even underage you should find something to do. You like women? We got the most strip clubs percapita in the US. There's too many things to list, but it's obvious you're too stubborn to even think about what's good in such a'boonies' city.

I swear dude, you're one of the most annoying people on this board, and I hate that I'm even addressing your stupid $%+... especially about some +*%%as lame as which city is better or what city sucks
eyes.gif
But whatever,I'm sick of your dumb $%+ posts that you actually believe, so I'll go ahead and vent right now. @%%$ off.

I dont even believe Portland is the GOAT, it's not, but to think it's a 'POS city' is just ******ed.

I'm very mixed about this signing

Pros:
-Raps add a very good player
-Bargnani-Bosh-Hedo looks great on paper
-Hedo will help immediately
-Makes Bosh happy

Cons:
-Ties up cap space
-Our bench will be non-existent next season
-After 2 seasons, Hedo will probably start to decline
-Yet another dude who relies on the jumpshot rather than take it to the hole
- The Magic have a much better team than the Raps and were unable to win with Hedo which leads me to believe that our current core of Bargs, Bosh, Calderon andHedo will fail to do any damage in the NBA

Back
Top Bottom