Twitter History of Public Figures...Warrented Outrage, or Not?

A LOT of receipts being pulled. Seems like you can't go a week without hearing about something a public figure said years back that comes around to bite them in the bottom. Kyler Murray, Kevin Hart, Trea Turner, Josh Hader, dude from the Ravens etc. A lot of the things said by these people are racist, homophobic, etc. However, how much of a pass should be given to people who said things when they were in their teens, or have shown considerable growth in the time in between? Personally, I couldn't care either way, but this is obviously a big deal to many folks out there. Where do you all stand on this?

Donte-DiVincenzo-Tweets-5.jpg

As long as what you say/said can affect your bottom line or by extension, someone else's bottom line, this will keep happening. If you wouldn't say something around the general public in real life, I wouldn't say it on social media. (that can be traced back to your identity)

No pass given from me. If they've matured they would've scrubbed all the horse**** they posted in the past. Just shows me they really don't care.

Boggles my mind they don't have people saying, "hey, you're famous now. Maybe scrub your Twitter? I could do it for you for a Chick-fil-A sandwich." Nope. Either they don't got people riding for them or they pompously ignore it. They deserve whatever comes from it.

Last edited:
If you’re seeking to air people out you better have a clean slate.

Digging up dirt for self serving reasons is corny to me. Especially when said detectives don’t have the cleanest of slates.

If you want to air another man’s dirty laundry out. You shouldn’t have any questionable stuff yourself.

Not sure if this applies in this case.

If a "regular" person airs out a "famous" person...nobody actually gives a **** about the "regular" person. The "famous" person has much more at stake.

Not sure if this applies in this case.

If a "regular" person airs out a "famous" person...nobody actually gives a **** about the "regular" person. The "famous" person has much more at stake.

Agreed. But the regular person brings attention upon themselves when they air someone out.

But personally. When I see people being aired out. I look more at the character of the person doing the airing out than I do the person being exposed.

I remember girls would post screenshots to air guys out for being thirsty. I personally thought that reflected more poorly on their moral compass than any desperate thirst driven screenshot they put said.

And to piggy back off that. When you air someone else’s dirty laundry out. You open the door for people to do the same to you no matter how much of a reach it may be.

You can be a regular person. But air someone out and you can’t cry foul if you find yourself receiving attention you didn’t expect to receive.

And to piggy back off that. When you air someone else’s dirty laundry out. You open the door for people to do the same to you no matter how much of a reach it may be.

You can be a regular person. But air someone out and you can’t cry foul if you find yourself receiving attention you didn’t expect to receive.

Can you really "air out" the regular person tho?

The kid sitting in his mom's basement has absolutely nothing to lose by finding the pro football player's tweets from when he was 16.

You can comb thru his whole profile...he's not the one that's going to have to make a statement the next day.

They have nothing to lose in that sense. But when their veil of anyomnity gets exposed it makes them uncomfortable.

As for it. They have less to lose. But guarantee they’ll feel uncomfortable if they get exposed. Much easier to be on a moral high horse destroying other people’s character when it’s no one holding you to the same purity tests in my opinion.

If you mean what you say and say what you mean, be willing to stand by it 100%.

In times when your beliefs change then I do believe it's necessary to make that apparent at least on the same platforms in which you have expressed them in the past.

That said. Like blaster said. If you said something dumb just own it. Society tends to be very forgiving if you own up to your mistakes as opposed to denying them.

Denying them just drags things out.

If you mean what you say and say what you mean, be willing to stand by it 100%.

In times when your beliefs change then I do believe it's necessary to make that apparent at least on the same platforms in which you have expressed them in the past.

Tweets from Murray were pulled from he was 13. Said some dumb things that was akin to what you'd hear while playing COD online back in the day, but he had to apologize on the spot.

Tweets from Murray were pulled from he was 13. Said some dumb things that was akin to what you'd hear while playing COD online back in the day, but he had to apologize on the spot.
Then he should just say that. That’s all I’m saying. Problem is people want forgiveness or whatever. That’s not theirs to decide. Then you have the other side waiting to just hate someone. No good comes from it

Did Iggy get backlash for those Wayne/Baby tweets?

Or are they not qualified as homophobic since a white woman made them about black men?

Back
Top Bottom