Twitter History of Public Figures...Warrented Outrage, or Not?

Humans have a memory for a reason. It's not natural to have documented receipts of things from a previous state in your life. However, you said it so it will be attached to you, right or wrong.

Entertainment and social media wise, this is the PEAK of pettiness. People scrutinize every word. General public LOVES to criticize others and harp on negativity. That's just how it is.

Humans have a memory for a reason. It's not natural to have documented receipts of things from a previous state in your life. However, you said it so it will be attached to you, right or wrong.

Entertainment and social media wise, this is the PEAK of pettiness. People scrutinize every word. General public LOVES to criticize others and harp on negativity. That's just how it is.
Yeah true, BUT......... just don’t use it and you’re good. Celebs playing with fire messing with that stuff for whatever reason

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 9.56.28 PM.png

“Listen, that was just me being silly on Twitter, playing on a trending topic," he now explains to Playboy. "Some people were offended by it, but that’s always a risk with comedy. Nobody’s going to find everything funny. I didn’t feel I had to apologize for something that was misconstrued and taken out of context. I have no ill will toward women, not dark-skinned women, not light-skinned women. I was just being silly. I’m a comedian. Being silly is my job; it’s how I pay my bills.”

First thing I thought of when I saw he backed out of hosting, after momentarily standing up for himself :lol:

Hopefully the youngins out here learning something ...all the social media stuff comes back to bite you later

It sucks that ppl just out here waiting sittin on posts from 12/13/14 year old tho :smh:

Cant ride behind calling someone without context of tweet or whatever. Especially from a comedian.

Trolling and the internet go hand in hand. Becuase most wont speak/act on these ideals offline.

Thanks for making this thread, should be a good discussion.

Interested in what ninjahood ninjahood says

antagonizers are basically using twitter like Napster to excavate keywords via a search engine app... its stupid virtue signaling at its finest.

Matt Drudge mastered twitter years ago. he displayed prescient wisdom beyond his age when it came to his timeline, years before da trolls/mobbs/SJW's came with da pitchforks.

humans aren't snapshots in time like a old tweet is, we evolve, and have nuances in our speech.

society is too sensitive now

they didn't care back in the day but you guys losers digging up old **** they've seen and known about for years and take offense to it now

**** my god
Ehhh yes and no. Someone can’t say something stupid then turn around and say “well you’re too sensitive”.

agreed but where was the outcry prior...?

what changed since then and to dig deep and bring it to light.. AGAIN?
Well that’s my place to say. Someone can feel what they want when they want. That’s just the reality of it. There is no time limit on when someone can care or not

Once you become a public figure, you're held a different standard, as wild as it sounds. With much power comes much responsibility.

Last edited:
I dont take old tweets too seriously cuz A) people grow, and B) 95% of twitter is jokes and trolling... or at least it was until ppl became oversensitive about everything.

But yea, it costs a whole $8 to clean your account. If u become famous, do it. :lol:

Also, bank accts were different and guys had nothing to lose with those tweets

I dont take old tweets too seriously cuz A) people grow, and B) 95% of twitter is jokes and trolling... or at least it was until ppl became oversensitive about everything.

But yea, it costs a whole $8 to clean your account. If u become famous, do it. :lol:

They don’t care about none of that. It’s a nitpick outrage circle jerk. Spend that $8 wisely lol.

Kyler Murray aint say nothing wrong.

There use to be a show called “Queer eye, for the straight guy” but he needed to apologize for his tweets? :lol::lol:

This country SOFT. People out here throw stones, but hide their hands. People are literally out here wilding out on the daily, but yeah... tweets

Sensitive society. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom