Twitter History of Public Figures...Warrented Outrage, or Not?

yeah it was mostly alt right trolls she was pissing off at first, which is cool with me

then her telling a few ppl to kill themselves back in the day turned up the juice
A39C38AB-1716-4CD2-9CE0-3F6C876B236F.png

It’s funny because the only ppl who truly get canceled are those who sexually violated someone or whose careers were already on life support. Kevin Hart is still doing movies, Harry Potter books are still selling, and John McCain’s Karen *** daughter still has a platform. Who actually got canceled? :lol:

Charles Barkley Forced To Stop Joking About ‘Big Ole Women’ In San Antonio Due To Cancel Culture (AUDIO) | Total Pro Sports

What's your take on this

I've always thought Big Folks had "next" in the Struggle Olympics, so I get it.

You can make those jokes in private if you need to get them off but you can't be out here talking about Big Girls like that..
Do you feel like any "group" is fair game? It seems like in the "golden age" of comedy, anybody could get it. Now there are barriers of feelings that everyone has to respect so it takes the 'fun' out of it bc people can't laugh at themselves.

Dave Chappelle touched on it with his bit about Daphne, a transgender women. Critics pick and choose what they want to consider as "normalizing" and "criticizing". They said he criticized transgenders, but Daphne thanked him for normalizing them.

So many dynamics and so much nuance that people are killing for the sake of virtue signaling.

Last edited:
White men are the easiest / safest target since they are the ones that are in control of all this. (THe WOrld)

Anyone else is a minority and can make a claim against your content if they have the backing.

So yea, if you aren't funny without taking shots at folks, it won't work out for you.

But I get the pushback comedians feel having to censor themselves because comedy at it's rawest form isn't censored.

But yea, folks just have to step up their game and actually be funny.

Do you feel like any "group" is fair game? It seems like in the "golden age" of comedy, anybody could get it. Now there are barriers of feelings that everyone has to respect so it takes the 'fun' out of it bc people can't laugh at themselves.

Dave Chappelle touched on it with his bit about Daphne, a transgender women. Critics pick and choose what they want to consider as "normalizing" and "criticizing". They said he criticized transgenders, but Daphne thanked him for normalizing them.

So many dynamics and so much nuance that people are killing for the sake of virtue signaling.

The thing is one person saying he normalized trans people means nothing when people are still murdering and discriminating against them. He pulled a "I have black friends" type of excuse.

This seems like the worst time to be a celebrity. Goodness.

I think there are more ways celebrities can earn $ these days but yea there is more responsibility to keep your imagine clean now.

MOST people are doing it "the right way." Only a small % of folks get cancelled and/or get in trouble forreal.

Back
Top Bottom