Twitter History of Public Figures...Warrented Outrage, or Not?

That is the thing, people have a problem simply saying what you just said
Had this in the kap and Kanye thread. People who still defended it never wanted to admit they just didn’t care enough to stop the support. They ran in circles to claim it was either taken out of context or “not as bad as you’re making it sound”. Like dude, just admit you don’t care. Period

Had this in the kap and Kanye thread. People who still defended it never wanted to admit they just didn’t care enough to stop the support. They ran in circles to claim it was either taken out of context or “not as bad as you’re making it sound”. Like dude, just admit you don’t care. Period
And that is FINE .

YOU can't care about everything that happens.

And honestly, some people need to learn how to admit, "Eh, I like this person too much to stop supporting them."

Again, just be mkrally honest

I think it would be easier for everyone to learn how to separate the art from artist's personal life. Too many artist's have done too many f'd up things for you to pick and choose who to support.

Like, I find it wild how Ebro and Rosenberg were bashing Kanye all summer long and refusing to listen to any of his new music all because dude likes the president, but then they hop on the radio yesterday talkin bout how its sooo hard to stop listening to R. Kelly's music even tho they knew he was a pedophile for 20 years. :stoneface:

ilike turtles ilike turtles i got tired of those guys and them just attacking what was cool at the moment. It’s all about the flavor of the month and what you want to fake care about for the day/week/month to appeal to your listeners and followers, which correlates to money for them.

With that being said, people should stop caring what their favorite celeb/athlete/rapper says. A lot of the stuff they say is for PR because they don’t wanna f up they’re $$$

Last edited:
Everyone has their tolerance level, but every action isn't on equal footing. Separating the artist from the art is fine if the artist's actions aren't influencing the art and ongoing. Kanye's political views are his. Everyone's entitled to them. While I can say I'm disappointed, it's something I can separate from the music I choose to listen to. Mainly his older work, since his recent stuff is whack.

That's different from R. Kelly. He's manipulating, abusing, and raping young girls. That's something most people shouldn't be able to sit with. If this was an isolated incident in the past he served time for and spoke out on, then I can see why someone would consider tolerating it. But this ***** is still doing that today. You can't separate that from his music because that is influencing his music. Age ain't nothing but number? His mind telling him no, but body telling him yes? He's writing about ****ing underage girls and actually doing it in the recording studio and on breaks in his trailer.

That's different from R. Kelly. He's manipulating, abusing, and raping young girls. That's something most people shouldn't be able to sit with. If this was an isolated incident in the past he served time for and spoke out on, then I can see why someone would consider tolerating it. But this ***** is still doing that today. You can't separate that from his music because that is influencing his music. Age ain't nothing but number? His mind telling him no, but body telling him yes? He's writing about ****ing underage girls and actually doing it in the recording studio and on breaks in his trailer.
I hear you, I do. I completely understand what you are attempting to say.

But what I read is that YOU can't separate him from his music. You can't say what other should/shouldn't do.

You can't make the assumption that everyone's mind thinks about little girls while listening to his music. Everyone's brain doesn't work that way.

We have to stop the, "People should _______" when it comes to what THEY want to tolerate/ignore.

Naw, I dead someone I dead someone. All and everything. But I do what I want and someone can do what they want. Again, just don’t come in with the chest out and then end it with “but I’m still down with his _____”. Just admit you really don’t care

I hear you, I do. I completely understand what you are attempting to say.

But what I read is that YOU can't separate him from his music. You can't say what other should/shouldn't do.

You can't make the assumption that everyone's mind thinks about little girls while listening to his music. Everyone's brain doesn't work that way.

We have to stop the, "People should _______" when it comes to what THEY want to tolerate/ignore.
I didn't say nor imply that. You don't have to think about little girls when you hear is music, but you know what he is talking about in those specific songs.

Age ain't nothing but number? His mind telling him no, but body telling him yes? He's writing about ****ing underage girls and actually doing it in the recording studio and on breaks in his trailer.
Age ain't nothing but number? : Sure

His mind telling him no, but body telling him yes?: ( Bump and Grind :lol: ) :Stretch (Not sure how you can even say THIS song is in relation to little girls)

Robert Kelly has always been over rated and a POS. I never was a fan of any of his music outside of Contagious, and that's mosg likey because of the Isley. The Pied Piper of R&B... that should have told everyone right there.

Are people able to grow and mature
Ehhh slippery slope. Some want to grow and mature becuase they got caught. Just an example that nfl running back wasn’t going to say **** about stopping that woman but now that it’s out he’s seeking “help”. Like come with it man. Just say given the situation id do it again and whoops for breaking the rules. R Kelly still don’t give a damn apparently but whatever

For those who genuinely do it that’s good for them but nobody has to care that they do and they should just accept that

Maybe they don't want to admit something they don't think is true regarding them not caring. Sometimes that really is the case and sometimes you're correct they just don't want to admit they just don't care.

ilike turtles ilike turtles i got tired of those guys and them just attacking what was cool at the moment. It’s all about the flavor of the month and what you want to fake care about for the day/week/month to appeal to your listeners and followers, which correlates to money for them.

With that being said, people should stop caring what their favorite celeb/athlete/rapper says

At the end of the day, celebs/athletes/music artists are here to entertain us. I hate saying that line because it sounds like a “shut up and dribble”talking point.

But unless we knew them personally, if they weren’t famous, we wouldn’t care much about what they have to say about things. It really wouldn’t hold much weight without their platform.

That said. If they’re invested in causes/social issues that I rock with. I’ll give them props and I’ll appreciate them as a person for that. Doesn’t make me put what they do entertainment wise on a pedestal anymore. But I can appreciate them as a decent person.

If they’re a ****ty person but talented at what they do. I’ll just separate life from art. A lot of celebs, athletes, music artists don’t have the cleanest of slates. I’ll admit I really don’t pay that much mind. I’m a big Laker/Kobe fan. There’s a possibility he did something very foul in Colorado in 03. I don’t think he did but I’ll admit downplayed that due to what he’s accomplished as a Laker and a lot of Laker fans have. Am I wrong for that? Yeah.

But we pick and choose what we get outraged about and what we conveniently overlook. It’s a human flaw in my opinion.

Maybe they don't want to admit something they don't think is true regarding them not caring. Sometimes that really is the case and sometimes you're correct they just don't want to admit they just don't care.
By “care” I mean more one side outweighing the other. If you don’t “care” enough to stop or not support then in no way does your concern or “outrage” (don’t know what else to call it) is that great.

Ex: “the NFL is ran by modern day slave masters!........ what time is the cowboys game??”. That’s faking the funk

By “care” I mean more one side outweighing the other. If you don’t “care” enough to stop or not support then in no way does your concern or “outrage” (don’t know what else to call it) is that great.

Ex: “the NFL is ran by modern day slave masters!........ what time is the cowboys game??”. That’s faking the funk
Oh ok I agree with that 100% regarding that nfl discussion. I think nowadays esp online that's just some people's way of finding some sort of "identity" and or fitting in with the popular side. Maybe I just know idiots but I dont hear this stuff offline as I do online. Hell most of the hot topics of the day I mainly see online. It could be I run with some cats that don't care.

Back
Top Bottom