UA Curry 4

UA had the fake sellout. The shoes are sitting on all the other big sites. UA customer service is trash also.

Was able to cop at my local House of Hoops FL with no issues.....
Curry 4-2.jpg

Curry 4-3.jpg

Curry 4-5.jpg

Wow same thing happened to me. You cant do that to people when its your own fault for not excluding them from coupons. Now time to call them and go through this mess. I tried to order the curry 1 lows back in the days in two to three different sizes and they canceled my whole order and it was sold out by then. Smh UA

how do you like them? how's the cushioning? think it will beat up old men's knees?

I like them for me, I'm a guard type player.Light weight and the response is good, so I guess you can said the cushioning system isn't the greatest. But I get good response. Traction feels great, only had to wipe every once in a while (but this was on a dusty court) needs a little bit of break in time, but not much at all. Overall I like the shoe, great performance hoop shoe for me. Hope this helps

Also I went true to size and they fit perfect for me

Was going to use my code on something else at UA, forgot about these releasing today but then tried it on them and it worked. Got the cancellation email of course, code no longer worked. Made the call in to customer service and got a new code.

When you read the reviews and realize folks are trying to cover for the lack of cushioning because the overall design of the shoe is fire, I sense red flags. Guys in the NBA who will wear these can get a new pair each game but sounds like a foam based cushioning that already feels super minimal out the box is bound to last a very short life span.

I’m still salty I got my pair cancelled but I was going to use solely for hoops so maybe it’s a blessing in disguise? NAH - it’s still f*** UA for the rest the weekend at least lol.

Cushioning is not that low. Heel impact protection is still there and the forefoot is adequate. The insoles aren't the same thickness as the first 3 models. You'll like them with your orthos.

Local FTL had the kids' sizes available on display. These things feel flimsy as hell and not 'substantive' -- like paper almost. The cushion/insole is also extremely firm to the touch (think nike react). If you bought these joints for $400+ (championship pack), you're sure as hell not paying for the actual materials used. The 2017 FK HD feels and probably plays similar but with more premium materials. If you have old knees, i'd place a custom orthotic or stay away.

UA says it's a proprietary foam so I don't know how durable it'll be or what it compares to. I'm sure it'll soften up over time.

And it isn't that there is a lack of foam, it's just so dense and solid that it has almost no give to it, providing reaction time and response but no "sinking" into the midsole as cushioning. I don't think it will break down very quick, but it also don't see it becoming cushy either.

Damn looks like I'll stay with my CE boost for now. My knees aint that old but i love my cushion/bouncy feeling when i play ball

And it isn't that there is a lack of foam, it's just so dense and solid that it has almost no give to it, providing reaction time and response but no "sinking" into the midsole as cushioning. I don't think it will break down very quick, but it also don't see it becoming cushy either.

Yeah looks like I’ll pass on these - just got the LeBron’s that dropped today and they feel incredible lol. Plus UA customer service was absolute trash when I asked for a new code.

Local FTL had the kids' sizes available on display. These things feel flimsy as hell and not 'substantive' -- like paper almost. The cushion/insole is also extremely firm to the touch (think nike react). If you bought these joints for $400+ (championship pack), you're sure as hell not paying for the actual materials used. The 2017 FK HD feels and probably plays similar but with more premium materials. If you have old knees, i'd place a custom orthotic or stay away.

I wouldn’t say paper thin more like cardboard lol. I think if that portion was clutchfit material it would feel better out the box. This shoe is minimalistic, plays fast and response is what they had in mind. Having the shoe in hand I don’t really feel salty anymore about missing out on the Champ Pack as definitely not paying for premium materials.

Not a lot of people will like this shoe. One, it is hard to put on the shoes. Two, snug and narrow. Three, not enough cushioning. Four, feels cheap. Five, ankle support is not adequate to feel safe playing in them. Six, the synthetic overlay hurts their feet because there is no padding behind it. If there is toe space and your foot slides it is going to bang your toes against the material and cause bruising if you play in them long enough. Again this shoe is catered to guards so not for everybody.

Last edited:
Yeah looks like I’ll pass on these - just got the LeBron’s that dropped today and they feel incredible lol. Plus UA customer service was absolute trash when I asked for a new code.

Lebron 15 has premium everything and total comfort all around I’d imagine. I don’t think you would go back to wearing the Curry 4 if you bought them later on or consider buying if you tried them on.

I'm sure there's a lot of other things that also prevent UA from rising to the ranks of Adidas and Nike but stuff like this doesn't help. Canceling orders? Recall?

Adidas had a 50% off coupon leaked a few months ago and they honored the sales. I'm sure Nike wouldn't have cancelled orders as well if they had something like this happen.

UA really dropped the ball on this release. Kwame fingers

I've had nike cancel on me for using a promo code when it said it wasn't applicable on the item, at first I was a little mad but the I realized it said it on the item so they clearly were trying to me not to use it, in the end I was just trying to get my shoes for cheap as possible no harm no foul fair for them to cancel on me since the product literally said not to use a code, plus it would only give some poor soul coding the website somewhere more trouble then it was worth

But in terms of longevity you think these will last as long as a zoom based shoe or boost shoe would?

I love boost for lifestyle but its not that great for actual playing, I don't like the sinking feeling and while the sole itself has a lot of grip and doesn't give away quick, the boost does flatten out relatively quick, not extremely fast but I feel it starts feeling different pretty quick for the price

....oooooh, guess what didnt get cancelled and got shipped out? :wow:

:smokin

Edit: And nobody go back to UA and snitch either! Or try to use one example as leverage to get the discounted price. :wink:

Last edited:
Congrats man, I figured someone might get lucky. Hopefully it gets shipped for real - we all got confirmation emails and we saw how that turned out haha. But if the shipping email got sent I’d be hopeful as well, let us know how it turns out fam.

Back
Top Bottom