UA Curry 4

Uh oh. Let's not get started down that road in terms of what performs similarly or better than the Curry 4.

I haven't played in them, so I can't comment. But I can say based on reviews and NT feedback that I haven't been interested in a Curry model since the 2.

I actually liked the 3’s. More comfort than the 2’s and good traction just like the previous Curry’s.

I like the 4’a but after the reviews I’ve lost lots of interest.

I was also a fan of the 3's, but I never got to try the 3Zero. I read really good things about the 3Zero and now that they're at my local UA outlet, I'm wondering how they compare to the 3's and the 4's for anyone that has tried all three models. Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

I was also a fan of the 3's, but I never got to try the 3Zero. I read really good things about the 3Zero and now that they're at my local UA outlet, I'm wondering how they compare to the 3's and the 4's for anyone that has tried all three models. Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

The 3zero has the strap thing on the back that improved on locking your foot/ankle in. The toebox is slightly narrower than the 3s but little more dead space on the top of the toes. Prety much the lockdown part improved. Still a good shoe especially the price now (lowest is high $50s on Finishline).

I also liked the 3 but kept one pair of 3 and 3/zero as those were black uper with a colored sole as that’s what made them look good in my eyes.

Yeah I like the 3's as well, better cushion than the 4 and just as much traction as the 4.

The 3zero has the strap thing on the back that improved on locking your foot/ankle in. The toebox is slightly narrower than the 3s but little more dead space on the top of the toes. Prety much the lockdown part improved. Still a good shoe especially the price now (lowest is high $50s on Finishline).

I also liked the 3 but kept one pair of 3 and 3/zero as those were black uper with a colored sole as that’s what made them look good in my eyes.

Glad to hear other's liked the 3's.

3s felt real nice, got to try it on and run with it around the outlet store over the weekend :lol:

was very tempting at $70 but I might wait it out til it hits ~$50

at this point just hoping for a 4zero that keeps the look but adds more cushion comfort and support

Is it just me or the cushion on this are OK? I guess. Ive been playing in boost for a while since i get knee pain from other shoes but i got this since i like the look and been playing in them since xmas but man.. I dont have any problem with. No knee pain, love the low to to the ground feeling.. I mean i cant explain it..

Is it just me or the cushion on this are OK? I guess. Ive been playing in boost for a while since i get knee pain from other shoes but i got this since i like the look and been playing in them since xmas but man.. I dont have any problem with. No knee pain, love the low to to the ground feeling.. I mean i cant explain it..

Same here. Its not noticeable, no bounce or spring, but when I'm done i feel good, no pain or aches.

Yeah I've been playing in my 4s and I have pretty much no pain in my knees/legs. When I used to hoop in my 2s with ankle braces, my knees would be HURTING after playing for a few hours. Like, I literally had a tough time walking up stairs after playing for a few hours(I'm in my 20's.) I switched to the 4s and I feel amazing after playing.

I feel like all the reviewers on youtube just repeat what the others say in regards to there being no cushion. They ALL say how there's no cushion so it hurts after playing, which I didn't feel at all. Idk man.

After I broke in my 4s, they're really dope. It took about a week or 2.

Yeah, I mean, I know everyone has different play styles and different body types. I'm just saying I hate the "herd mentality." I feel like a few people pointed out that the cushion is more minimal so you're going to hurt after playing in them, and then everyone just ran with that statement. I feel like while although minimal, the cushion setup seems to work better for me than charged. Idk though.

These are the sizes back up on UA for the reds
screenshot-www.underarmour.com-2018-01-09-12-40-47-321.png
edit: size 16 only now

Last edited:
So for all the Curry fanboys (myself included) who have played in all of his signatures (I haven't), how would you rank them at this point?

I think we have the:
1 (mid and low)
2 (mid and low)
3 (mid and low)
3Zero
and now the 4?

I've only played in the CF Drive, Curry 1 and Curry 2 and I would rank them in that order. I'm skipping the Curry's until they utilize some substantial cushioning, which I prefer at my age.

Clutch fit drive
Curry 1 mid
Curry 2 mid
Curry 3 low(bad lockdown)
Curry 2 low(bad lockdown)

Haven't played in the 4s yet

I like all of them equally (hard to rank them imo), every one of them has their faults. If I could take one part of each shoe it would be the greatest pair ever :lol:

Threadborne upper of the 3s, lacing system of the 2.5, ankle sock of the 4s, heel counter of the 1s, Micro G on the CFD1, outsole of the 2. I’ll try a photoshop if it comes out good and see how it looks

Right now I think it goes:

4 - Once they broke in, they're awesome, love how light they are. Cushion could be a little better, but right now they're my go-to's.
2 - Traction and fit is amazing
1 - Really dope, just traction and fit not as good as the 2
2.5 - I rolled my ankle really badly in these. They're pretty bulky and heavy but traction and fit is good.
3 - Fit is too loose.

Haven't played in the 3zero

I'm actually a big fan of the synthetic they used on the 2 and 4. I know that nowadays everyone loves the all knit uppers but I prefer a little synthetic to help keep my foot on the footbed. That synthetic helped to eliminate toe room and it kept my foot so secure from sliding off. The threadborne on the 3 was terrible. I was sliding all over the place with a ton of toe room also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom