UA Curry 4

7B031989-48EE-44E5-B184-6F4901CA0794.jpeg The 4 low definitely run small. I try tts I can’t even slip my foot in there. Go half size up and it feel like the high in tts. Luckily I ordered 2 sizes or I would’ve piss they sold out.

that's weird, i love playing in the 2's, fit is great for me and i love the traction....

the 3's though are for me the worst (although i haven't played in the 4's yet and don't have the 2.5's and the 3zero's). I couldn't tie them tight enough and there was a lot of wiggle room for my foot in general....

I did not have fun in the 2s that upper was too flimsy for my liking but it did play well

I liked the 2 lows, many had issues with heel slip iirc but I didn't have the same problem.

3s just doesnt fit right for me. I prefer 1 low over the highs anyday. Between 2 and 4, I'll probably go with 4 by slight margin.

I liked the 2 lows, many had issues with heel slip iirc but I didn't have the same problem.

I liked them too but I had to go down half a size to limit heel slip in the 2 lows. Loved the 2 highs, but couldn't deal with the 2.5s with my wide foot.

Those red 4 lows look really nice, will most likely cop a pair.

If you like at the lows description on UA.com they also give official word on the cushion...

• EVA foam midsole delivers underfoot responsiveness

Just wondering, I found this article talking about a name transition from MICRO G to CHARGED. It doesn't sound like they changed the tech at all, just the name. Granted - the article doesn't provide much insight but Is UA playing us all and they have just one foam? This whole curry 4 thing with the foam confusion makes me wonder. http://nickdepaula.com/STRATEGIC-NAMING-CHARGED-FOAM

Last edited:
Just wondering, I found this article talking about a name transition from MICRO G to CHARGED. It doesn't sound like they changed the tech at all, just the name. Granted - the article doesn't provide much insight but Is UA playing us all and they have just one foam? This whole curry 4 thing with the foam confusion makes me wonder. http://nickdepaula.com/STRATEGIC-NAMING-CHARGED-FOAM

There's definitely a difference between Micro G and Charged Foam. If you played in the old Spawns and ClutchFit Drives, there's decent impact protection and response while Charged plays a lot firmer. Under Armour originally never said what Curry 4's midsole was comprised of until the lows dropped. EVA is just the generic name for midsole foam since most companies use an EVA mixture of whatever other compound they mix it with and give it their special name. Charged, Micro G, Lunarlon, Cloudfoam, Etc.

From a Nike Article about Lunarlon, "After failing with countless materials, there came a breakthrough. Found way in the back of the Nike Advanced Material Interest Group’s closet, the team unearthed a space-age foam. In science terms, it was the fusion of lightweight Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA) with the bouncy ball-like spring of Nitrile Rubber (NBR)."

A lot of folks who wore Under Armour during the Curry 1 days felt that between they had the perfect balance between the 2 types of shoes, Curry's which offered a stiffer but responsive midsole and the CFD's which was the impact protection and bouncy setup. They went away from that when both versions of the 2's came out with Charged and the CFD2's felt stiffer in the cushion. The difference is that they removed the original Micro G from the newer shoes. Even more confusing is that on the ClutchFit Drive 3's, Micro G used full length and Charged was in the heel. When you felt the 2 foams, the forefoot was stiffer and responsive and the heel had decent impact protection with the "Charged" foam.

But in the broad sense of things, they were definitely different midsole foams. I still want to see those orange Micro G insoles return.

They updated the website Im pretty sure it said proprietary foam n not eva. Nightwing probably didn't see that either

Eva might turn people off. It's on shoes I bought as a kid on clearance. It worked fine though

It's probably just EVA. Proprietary foam doesn't really mean anything. It's like saying "our foam".

What's kind of crazy is how their only signature basketball shoe for arguably their biggest athlete doesn't utilize their flagship cushioning. You see Zoom with Bron and KD, and Boost with Harden, or Bounce with Lillard. If Curry wants something besides Micro G or Charged, you'd think they would develop something and make it a focal point for their bball shoes.

mooby mooby Great summary. I like the implementation of Micro G in the Spawns the most. CF Drive mid is probably my favorite UA bball shoe to date.

Sizes of More Dimes keep popping back up on FTL. I was able to get a pair with $20 off yesterday(and it shipped) so I will be returning the pair from UA. Ever since missing out on the D!cks 25% sale I was determined to get a pair with a discount lol.

FTL code for $20 off is LKS18AA3

seriously the CF Drive is one of the best shoes I've ever hooped in. The flexible material of the entire upper of the shoe and the Micro G cushioning were A1
The original Spawns were my top choice between them and the CFD's. The Spawns had better impact protection but were way more breathable with that mesh materiel over the toes. The only thing that was a little weird about the Spawns were the heel to toe transition with was a little awkward at 1st. CFD's had that natural transition but my socks usually ended up soaked after playing in them.

Back
Top Bottom