UC DAVIS Represent

^ join the club...

Stop by the shop on Friday or Saturday when y'all are done with finals. Good luck.

i'll check it out sometime.

anyways, soooo glad my finals are over, i'm relieved..

so far I have an A in psychology and B in ASA.. will check back for eng57 and geology earthquakes later.

smh.gif
smh.gif

I passed english 57 with a C thank God. Also got an A on the geology-earthquakes final but I had a D on the midterm. Hopefully there will be a small curve togive me a B.
Edit: Nvm, I didn't need a curve, I got a B in geology
pimp.gif

A PSC1, B ASA3, B GEL17, Pass ASA98, Pass (C) Eng57 I'm happy.

What is everyone plans this break? I'm going to Christmas in the Park (San Jose) today with some Davis buddies.

Forreal though, how much you pushin'? I'm double majoring in psychology and economics, just incase I can't find a good job in psychology. (Going tograd school for psych. though)

It's all about finding a niche and being good at what you do...not to mention networking. Job market is thought though. I made a lot of my cash right afterI graduated in mortgage. I double majored in communication and sociology. Now I have a small automotive marketing company with a friend. Economy isn'tfriendly to any industry right now.

Originally Posted by kutsu boy

It's all about finding a niche and being good at what you do...not to mention networking. Job market is thought though. I made a lot of my cash right after I graduated in mortgage. I double majored in communication and sociology. Now I have a small automotive marketing company with a friend. Economy isn't friendly to any industry right now.
thanks for the insight
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
what year did you graduate ?

got a question for current students, was it hard getting accepted into davis because i'm not sure i can get in

Originally Posted by chicken2life

got a question for current students, was it hard getting accepted into davis because i'm not sure i can get in

I know it's harder now than it was before. But what are your Stats?

It's all about finding a niche and being good at what you do...not to mention networking. Job market is thought though. I made a lot of my cash right after I graduated in mortgage. I double majored in communication and sociology. Now I have a small automotive marketing company with a friend. Economy isn't friendly to any industry right now.

I couldn't agree anymore. I graduated in '02 with an Econ major and for the first few months had a hard time landing a job. I ended up getting a job asa stock broker and I ended up getting 3 referrals for other UC Davis grads later on. Even on this small UCD Niketalk thread you might find someone that iswilling to get you a referral to a job (most places pay $500 or so if you find a good referral). Obviously knowing someone who works at a place doesn'tguarantee a job, but it does help. I got bored of sales so I'm back in school in a BSN program but that UCD degree does definitely open up doors for you infinding jobs, however finding you niche is important. Goodluck to all you UC grads!

P.S. Davis really really really needs to get a decent shoe store there.

to me it wasnt that hard. you just have to maintain a reasonable grade. currently a freshman - in high school i had a csu gpa of 3.67 and my SATscores were in the 1500s. no community service, clubs or anything....but i didnt get into berkeley or anything better so i ended up in davis
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

to me it wasnt that hard. you just have to maintain a reasonable grade. currently a freshman - in high school i had a csu gpa of 3.67 and my SAT scores were in the 1500s. no community service, clubs or anything....but i didnt get into berkeley or anything better so i ended up in davis
ohwell.gif

then i hope i have a chance with a 3.4 gpa, 1400s on sat, and no extra cirricular activities

to me it wasnt that hard. you just have to maintain a reasonable grade. currently a freshman - in high school i had a csu gpa of 3.67 and my SAT scores were in the 1500s. no community service, clubs or anything....but i didnt get into berkeley or anything better so i ended up in davis
ohwell.gif

then i hope i have a chance with a 3.4 gpa, 1400s on sat, and no extra cirricular activities
goodluck to you. hope you get in
happy.gif

ohwell.gif

goodluck to you. hope you get in
happy.gif
I ain't gonna front. Better hope that you're either an underrepresented minority in our system or a first generation immigrant. Also maybethat your personal statement was heart-warming/breakingly good.

Back
Top Bottom