Ultimate Karen Vol. Official I Need to See the Manager Thread

white-supremacy.png

Levels

She got fired lost her dog and is potentially getting banned from Central Park. She got what she deserved. I’m just discussing comments you and fufu said, or is that not allowed?
1590533233010.png

ALso, a white man calling a Black man "FuFu?" Be careful with your words.

Well said man.

Can you speak on things that happened to you in the theatre world? That seems like a place where a black man wouldn't be welcomed.

Pardon the delayed response.

I was in a play with a girl who was very fond of herself. Blonde hair, blue eye and petite. She was practically Hitler's mission. I played her husband in this play and I kissed her in a scene. Last time I checked, that's what husbands do. Mind you, this was a theatre kiss. Meaning, kiss deeply with your lips without your tongue. She never said anything and neither did the director. A few weeks later they let me go from the play because I didn't want to quit my voice and speech class to focus on the play. This was a non-union, non paying play with an amateur director. I felt my training was more important. ****I wasn't let go because of her******

That night, I texted her telling her what happened and it was great meeting her. She told me she heard and proceeded to tell me how I did to myself because I was in class, working and working on a play. She proceeded to get on her high horse and praised herself on how she focuses on one thing (the privilege of an aspiring White actor). However, she ended by saying how she hopes to work with me again. Turns out that play didn't make it pass rehearsals. Why? because they never got the rights to do the play.

Two weeks later: I book a film, the lead role in a paying play recognized by the union (which got me my membership), an off-broadway play and two short films. She booked a "how to twerk video" on YouTube. Mind you, this girl has no buns (no disrespect). A year later, I'm hanging with a mutual friend. She tells me how they were all hanging out and how she was throwing dirt on my name. She said I was "sexually aggressive," she was glad I got fired and no girl wants to work me. I told my friend exactly what happened and she responded by telling me how the girl left out the facts. Months later, said victim is all over my Instagram liking my pictures.....What? I thought I was a villain? Why are you on my social media? I have yet to run into her after hearing about what she said. However, a part of me can't wait.

Ever since then, anytime I play opposite a White actress I put the ball in her court. I ask her how she wants to handle intimacy and I make sure I do it in front of the director. I've never had this issue when working with Black actresses. We now have people in the industry called Intimacy Coaches. They work with the director during rehearsals if there is a scene with intimacy to make sure no feels violated. At first I thought it was corny, but I now appreciate it because it covers both the actor and the actress. So if an actress wants to make false claims, "Hey, talk to the intimacy coach."

Pardon the delayed response.

I was in a play with a girl who was very fond of herself. Blonde hair, blue eye and petite. She was practically Hitler's mission. I played her husband in this play and I kissed her in a scene. Last time I checked, that's what husbands do. Mind you, this was a theatre kiss. Meaning, kiss deeply with your lips without your tongue. She never said anything and neither did the director. A few weeks later they let me go from the play because I didn't want to quit my voice and speech class to focus on the play. This was a non-union, non paying play with an amateur director. I felt my training was more important. ****I wasn't let go because of her******

That night, I texted her telling her what happened and it was great meeting her. She told me she heard and proceeded to tell me how I did to myself because I was in class, working and working on play. She proceeded to get on her high horse and praised herself on how she focuses on one thing (the privilege of an aspiring White actor). However, she ended by saying how she hopes to work with me again. Turns out that play didn't make it pass rehearsals. Why? because they never got the rights to do the play.

Two weeks later: I book a film, the lead role in a paying play recognized by the union (which got me my membership), an off-broadway play and two short films. She booked a "how to twerk video" on YouTube. Mind you, this girl has no buns (no disrespect). A year later, I'm hanging with a mutual friend. She tells me how they were all hanging out and how she was throwing dirt on my name. She said I was "sexually aggressive," she was glad I got fired and no girl wants to work me. I told my friend exactly what happened and she responded by telling me how the girl left out the facts. Months later, said victim is all over my Instagram liking my pictures.....What? I thought I was a villain? Why are you on my social media? I have yet to run into her after hearing about what she said. However, a part of me can't wait.

Ever since then, anytime I play opposite a White actress I put the ball in her court. I ask her how she wants to handle intimacy and I make sure I do it in front of the director. I've never had this issue when working with Black actresses. We now have people in the industry called Intimacy Coaches. They work with the director during rehearsals if there is a scene with intimacy to make sure no feels violated. At first I thought it was corny, but I now appreciate it because it covers both the actor and the actress. So if an actress wants to make false claims, "Hey, talk to the intimacy coach."
Damn that’s crazy. Didn’t know theater went that deep.

Ima leave it alone, not worth getting banned. But he knows my opinions of him and I’ll leave it at that

Yea but you shouldn't be calling a Black man FuFu. You say something like that in person, which I doubt you would, you would be liable to getting your jaw broken.

Damn that’s crazy. Didn’t know theater went that deep.

Let me tell you something. The acting grind can be VERY shady. Insecure actors have a legit crab in a bucket mentality. Out of jealousy they will SHOVEL dirt on your name hoping that it travels, because they know in this industry reputation is everything. Nobody wants to hire the guy with a bad rep.

This one girl told me about how there's a secret Facebook group where actress will share stories about actors who they have had bad experiences with. One girl posted the name of this actor and the girl I knew, happened to know him. She inquired about his wrong doings, next thing you know she got booted from the group. I'm not the one to victim blame, but based on my experiences, how do we know people in that group weren't lying?

Sorry, I don't want to derail the focus of this thread, but Karen's run deep in the acting world.

Back
Top Bottom