Umm, Netflix... What do you think you're doing right now??

Got the e-mail yesterday 
30t6p3b.gif
but i do understand that it is a business
and I would be lying if i said i was going to cancel
laugh.gif

What i might do though is downgrade to streaming only after i finish watching the last few season's of Dexter.
I hardly ever used the dvd portion of the service anyway.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Am i the only one who has CONSTANT problems with the streaming? I have issues at my work computer AND my laptop. I doubt its my connection.

F Netflix.

it has to be your connection or your browser 
laugh.gif
 thats the only time i have problems with it.

I thought the browser was the issue but it happens with Chrome, Firefox, and IE. So then i figured it was the connection, but my office connection is pretty fast and its still butt. 
I gives up.

Am i the only one who has CONSTANT problems with the streaming? I have issues at my work computer AND my laptop. I doubt its my connection.

F Netflix.

laugh.gif

I thought the browser was the issue but it happens with Chrome, Firefox, and IE. So then i figured it was the connection, but my office connection is pretty fast and its still butt. 
I gives up.

There streaming selection is getting weaker every damn time, I'm close to just offing my plan completely. Is there anything else like Netflix with a better selection that I can use for PS3?

There streaming selection is getting weaker every damn time, I'm close to just offing my plan completely. Is there anything else like Netflix with a better selection that I can use for PS3?

F Netflix.

laugh.gif

I gives up.
I don't have problems with streaming very often, sometimes it depends on what time of day it is i think but usually its ok.

F Netflix.

laugh.gif

I gives up.
I don't have problems with streaming very often, sometimes it depends on what time of day it is i think but usually its ok.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

the reason why a lot of people are mad is because a lot of people that have netflix ARE broke college students/people that cant affore cable/satellite. i know hella ppl that have netflix because its a cheap option and they cancelled their cable packages so they can afford books and food. SMH at netflix

Those poor students who have to choose between books, food, and DVD by-mail/streaming rental service... my heart goes out to them. The popular package will increase by 6 dollars per month. I'm no mathematician but that's about 72 dollars per year of an increase. If that's the difference between a person being able to afford food or textbooks, than they might not need a rental service. This isn't electricity or water, this isn't putting clothing on your childrens backs... it's a TV and movie service, that's it. 

The outrage on social media and the internet has been SHOCKING to me. You raise a rental service by 6 dollars for a lot of people and they're outraged, ready to march against this social injustice. Where's the collective outrage for actual issues and injustices in the world? I know you can apply that logic to anytime people complain over minor/trivial things, but let's keep some perspective.

It's a business. If this particular company doesn't suit your needs the best, than use another one. What did people expect when they left the rental chains for Netflix? 
I don't think you are considering the total cost of ownership to use their service. 6 Dollars isn't alot by itself but when you factor in you need an internet connection to use their service combined with ISP's moving to metered billing you see that it makes a big difference. 
I barely used their service but kept it because it was a great deal. Now it's not anymore so bye bye Netflix.

the reason why a lot of people are mad is because a lot of people that have netflix ARE broke college students/people that cant affore cable/satellite. i know hella ppl that have netflix because its a cheap option and they cancelled their cable packages so they can afford books and food. SMH at netflix

Those poor students who have to choose between books, food, and DVD by-mail/streaming rental service... my heart goes out to them. The popular package will increase by 6 dollars per month. I'm no mathematician but that's about 72 dollars per year of an increase. If that's the difference between a person being able to afford food or textbooks, than they might not need a rental service. This isn't electricity or water, this isn't putting clothing on your childrens backs... it's a TV and movie service, that's it. 

The outrage on social media and the internet has been SHOCKING to me. You raise a rental service by 6 dollars for a lot of people and they're outraged, ready to march against this social injustice. Where's the collective outrage for actual issues and injustices in the world? I know you can apply that logic to anytime people complain over minor/trivial things, but let's keep some perspective.

It's a business. If this particular company doesn't suit your needs the best, than use another one. What did people expect when they left the rental chains for Netflix? 
I don't think you are considering the total cost of ownership to use their service. 6 Dollars isn't alot by itself but when you factor in you need an internet connection to use their service combined with ISP's moving to metered billing you see that it makes a big difference. 
I barely used their service but kept it because it was a great deal. Now it's not anymore so bye bye Netflix.

F Netflix.

laugh.gif

I gives up.
Who's your ISP?
They might be throttling your connection. 

F Netflix.

laugh.gif

I gives up.
Who's your ISP?
They might be throttling your connection. 

Originally Posted by OptimusADL

You're going to have a broadband connection whether Netflix is around or not. It's almost a necessity nowadays. 
The metered billing is a huge threat to Netflix's model but I'm almost certain that they're working on better compression algos just for that scenario.  Also, as long as fiber optic overtakes cable lines, the metered system should be pretty liberal.  

Originally Posted by OptimusADL

You're going to have a broadband connection whether Netflix is around or not. It's almost a necessity nowadays. 
The metered billing is a huge threat to Netflix's model but I'm almost certain that they're working on better compression algos just for that scenario.  Also, as long as fiber optic overtakes cable lines, the metered system should be pretty liberal.  

Paul Adams
Steve Swasey
Vice President of Corporate Communications
Office (408)540-3947
Mobile (925)899-8108

additional contact information:

Netflix, Inc.
100 Winchester Circle
Los Gatos, CA 95032

Direct Headquarters (408) 540-3700

Headquarters Fax (408) 540-3737

Public Relations (408) 540-3939

he wasn't very happy when i called.............his cell.

Paul Adams
Steve Swasey
Office (408)540-3947
Mobile (925)899-8108

Netflix, Inc.
100 Winchester Circle
Los Gatos, CA 95032

Originally Posted by xanadu one

Paul Adams
Steve Swasey
Office (408)540-3947
Mobile (925)899-8108

Netflix, Inc.
100 Winchester Circle
Los Gatos, CA 95032

Childish on your part. 

Originally Posted by xanadu one

Paul Adams
Steve Swasey
Office (408)540-3947
Mobile (925)899-8108

Netflix, Inc.
100 Winchester Circle
Los Gatos, CA 95032

Childish on your part. 

^not necessarily.

why would you deem that childish?

would you have a problem with it if it was the number to your state senate office? maybe you would feel it necessary to let your senator know you disagree with a bill.
same principal.

^not necessarily.

why would you deem that childish?

would you have a problem with it if it was the number to your state senate office? maybe you would feel it necessary to let your senator know you disagree with a bill.
same principal.

You're calling a man's personal cell phone out of anger because of plan changes. Come on
laugh.gif
How old are you?

You're calling a man's personal cell phone out of anger because of plan changes. Come on
laugh.gif
How old are you?

Back
Top Bottom