Umm, Netflix... What do you think you're doing right now??

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Originally Posted by Murray497

How much are they paying you to say that?
Nothing. I just understand how businesses operate. I am fully willing to pay the extra money, but maybe that is just because I can afford $6 more a month, especially knowing there will be more content. 
laugh.gif
. And I don't?  They've already streamlined their services (as evidenced by the deals they've made with the movie companies to wait before they offer new movies).
It doesn't matter to me, because I never pay for anything entertainment related (shouts out to D, TPB, and RRT), but what they're doing is obviously bad business. 
I urge you to continue living in ignorance, if it makes you feel better.
Seriously?  Netflix is by far the best media deal for your money.  HBO by itself is about $10 and Hulu Plus is $8 and you only get back seasons of shows.  If Netflix can continue to increase their service and catalog then more people will continue to cut the cord on cable and switch exclusively to Netflix.  They have barely begun to scratch the surface of what they are capable of (HD streaming, network shows the after airing, etc.).

They have two ways they can grow as the middle man in the distribution network.  They can either borrow the money to pay the studios for content and then pay them back or they can increase prices and pay for it with money in the bank.  Either way, the consumer is the one paying for the services they offer.  If you want premium content streamed directly to your home you're going to have to pay a premium price.  Remember... Blockbuster by itself used to cost $5/movie and people used to rent 2-3 at a time.  Netflix with their $6 increase is still an AMAZING deal!

Nothing. I just understand how businesses operate. I am fully willing to pay the extra money, but maybe that is just because I can afford $6 more a month, especially knowing there will be more content. 
laugh.gif
. And I don't?  They've already streamlined their services (as evidenced by the deals they've made with the movie companies to wait before they offer new movies).
It doesn't matter to me, because I never pay for anything entertainment related (shouts out to D, TPB, and RRT), but what they're doing is obviously bad business. 
Seriously?  Netflix is by far the best media deal for your money.  HBO by itself is about $10 and Hulu Plus is $8 and you only get back seasons of shows.  If Netflix can continue to increase their service and catalog then more people will continue to cut the cord on cable and switch exclusively to Netflix.  They have barely begun to scratch the surface of what they are capable of (HD streaming, network shows the after airing, etc.).

They have two ways they can grow as the middle man in the distribution network.  They can either borrow the money to pay the studios for content and then pay them back or they can increase prices and pay for it with money in the bank.  Either way, the consumer is the one paying for the services they offer.  If you want premium content streamed directly to your home you're going to have to pay a premium price.  Remember... Blockbuster by itself used to cost $5/movie and people used to rent 2-3 at a time.  Netflix with their $6 increase is still an AMAZING deal!

People actually use Netflix? We live in a age where you can pretty much get anything you want for free.........
glasses.gif

People actually use Netflix? We live in a age where you can pretty much get anything you want for free.........
glasses.gif

laugh.gif
Bad business? Straight from their press release:
"By better reflecting the underlying costs and offering our lowest prices ever for unlimited DVD, we hope to provide a great value to our current and future DVD-by-mail members."

They changed their pricing strategy to better suit the physical costs of operation? How is that unethical or "bad" in any way?

[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif]If anything, they are just becoming more efficient. 
[/font]

[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif]For $20 a month, I can get unlimited streaming, and as many dvd's as I want. Good enough for me. No ignorance, just convenience. I can internally justify this price. Maybe someday you will pay the price for all those "free movies"[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif]Oh and don't you live in Sacramento? I can see where your negativity comes from. Forbes rated Sacramento as the 5th most miserable city in the United States. [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif]Cheer up[/font]

laugh.gif
"By better reflecting the underlying costs and offering our lowest prices ever for unlimited DVD, we hope to provide a great value to our current and future DVD-by-mail members."

They changed their pricing strategy to better suit the physical costs of operation? How is that unethical or "bad" in any way?

[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif]If anything, they are just becoming more efficient. 
[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif]For $20 a month, I can get unlimited streaming, and as many dvd's as I want. Good enough for me. No ignorance, just convenience. I can internally justify this price. Maybe someday you will pay the price for all those "free movies"[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif]Oh and don't you live in Sacramento? I can see where your negativity comes from. Forbes rated Sacramento as the 5th most miserable city in the United States. [/font]

[/font]

Originally Posted by teamfrenzy

glasses.gif

why do people ask these stupid question?

no, people don't use netflix. at all. how is this company even in business?

Originally Posted by teamfrenzy

glasses.gif

why do people ask these stupid question?

no, people don't use netflix. at all. how is this company even in business?

eh didn't really effect me that much since i only used their streaming service to begin with

eh didn't really effect me that much since i only used their streaming service to begin with

I'm gonna cancel when I finish the last season of Niptuck. I can never watch anything through netflix without my connection getting interupted anyway. And they just rose the prices a few months ago by $1 and $2 or some ***@

I'm gonna cancel when I finish the last season of Niptuck. I can never watch anything through netflix without my connection getting interupted anyway. And they just rose the prices a few months ago by $1 and $2 or some ***@

laugh.gif

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

Bad business for the customers, I mean.  Netflix is hoping the profits incurred by the price hike exceed the loss of revenue from disgruntled customers.

roll.gif
Is that bolded portion a threat?
roll.gif
And you dissed my city as if that has any bearing on what's being discussed.
If your name wasn't Murray I would take you seriously.  As of now you're on my "NTers who inadvertently bring the lulz" list

laugh.gif

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

Bad business for the customers, I mean.  Netflix is hoping the profits incurred by the price hike exceed the loss of revenue from disgruntled customers.

roll.gif
roll.gif
If your name wasn't Murray I would take you seriously.  As of now you're on my "NTers who inadvertently bring the lulz" list

Listen if you don't like it cancel. There are no contracts.

But please stop whining about it and saying you are being "bullied" by a company.

You really want to complain speak with your wallet.

Listen if you don't like it cancel. There are no contracts.

But please stop whining about it and saying you are being "bullied" by a company.

You really want to complain speak with your wallet.

laugh.gif

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

roll.gif
roll.gif
Not a threat, just a possible outcome. I don't understand how my last name can affect your perception, but alright. and...
How can adding more and better content EVER be considered bad business? 

laugh.gif

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

roll.gif
roll.gif
Not a threat, just a possible outcome. I don't understand how my last name can affect your perception, but alright. and...
How can adding more and better content EVER be considered bad business? 

Sounds like a smart move on their part. People will quit paying for at least half of it, and there will still be those paying for the full service. Now maybe with that extra money and bandwidth, some time in the future they will have innovated something big for the online movie viewing industry.

Sounds like a smart move on their part. People will quit paying for at least half of it, and there will still be those paying for the full service. Now maybe with that extra money and bandwidth, some time in the future they will have innovated something big for the online movie viewing industry.

lmfao man these cats tripping raising the price man i swear all i do is smoke n watch movies, but that price rise gonna make me short on herbs at the begginin of each month

Back
Top Bottom