Under Armour = flabby & sick VOL. NY times

yeah, because Steph Curry shown he has a sense of self awareness, and even he knows no one cared about him in Golden State wit them weak ankles... everyone loved Monte Ellis.

Nike is a brand that has proven longevity....its why they can go in da vault and break out 25-30 year old Charles Barkleys for their sportswear/retro series...come out wit cute casual leggings and sweats for men & women in da athleisure wave, and still be competitive in da cutting edge dept when it comes to da latest & greatest.

JB can retro those hideous prototype XIII playoffs discovered in that Jordan espn documentary and move units meanwhile under Armour can't sustain good sales with one of NBA's premier and future Hall of famers as a brand ambassador and sponsor doing stuff now instead of doing things from a nostalgia place.

I feel all that. Nike is definitely a beast in its own right and nobody can compare to their impact/influence. but even with all that history and accolades as a company you cant do a half *** approach when you want someone to sign. Thats just poor business practice on their part. Curry def had more leverage in 2018 if he wanted to leave UA and join a Nike or Adidas for sure but I think the fact that UA gave him ownership within the company is probably the biggest factor of him sticking around. I cant think of too many athletes with that perk

Over extended themselves and didn't know what there target market was going to be. Business acumen 101. When Curry and even Cam was at they respective peaks UA couldn't even get a buzz going then. With Cam washed and Curry hurt the Rock is essentially the face of the brand. Good luck.

The UA brand is mostly dead unless you are buying hunting gear or you a MAGA who doesn't want to buy Nike.

Let's not act like Curry wasn't constantly injured while wearing Nike gear, and that as soon as he suited up with UA? His injuries took a back seat to his prowess and skill, and his game elevated to superstar status as well.

Originally at that time, UA had some of the best shoes out there. it wasn't until the Orange Sphincter debacle, with Plank trying to side with Trump? UA was doing pretty well.

His first 2 shoes were ok looking. Nt’ers said they were great for playing in.

Besides Curry, their marketing and products suck for other players. They had mvp’s like cam newton, bryce harper and couldn’t even release some decent looking signature cross training shoes.

They gave cam this garbage.Looks like a zesty combat boot that only he would wear.
C2D71884-0DEC-4DB4-BA52-3331552D5AFF.jpeg

2A3C4EA4-1E8D-4085-8B7F-3EAD3116D556.jpeg

The pitch meeting, according to Steph’s father Dell, who was present, kicked off with one Nike official accidentally addressing Stephen as “Steph-on,” the moniker, of course, of Steve Urkel’s alter ego in Family Matters. “I heard some people pronounce his name wrong before,” says Dell Curry. “I wasn’t surprised. I was surprised that I didn’t get a correction.”
It got worse from there. A PowerPoint slide featured Kevin Durant’s name, presumably left on by accident, presumably residue from repurposed materials. “I stopped paying attention after that,” Dell says. Though Dell resolved to “keep a poker face,” throughout the entirety of the pitch, the decision to leave Nike was in the works.

Now, I fx's with Nike, but they ain't perfect.

I got my first serious injury playing in a pair of their hoop shoes (Brandon Jennings' sig). I'm superstitious, so F-them from that point on. LOL.

The success of any shoe company post - Celebrity Sneaker Stalker is that the shoes just have to look good.

So many designers on Instagram and social media that it's no excuse to put out the trash UA puts out. Bring on Li Ning.

Penny and Griffey are 2 examples for Nike but you can say that about Iverson for Reebok as well or T-Mac for Adidas

The shoes just have to look good and be street ready and you'll have longevity for the next few decades because of people remembering rocking your shoes in adolescence.

UA got Steph Curry, Tom Brady, Jordan Spieth, Michael Phelps, Cam Newton, Lindsey Vonn, Bryce Harper, Clayton Kershaw, Misty Copeland, The Rock, Asap Rocky

His first 2 shoes were ok looking. Nt’ers said they were great for playing in.

Besides Curry, their marketing and products suck for other players. They had mvp’s like cam newton, bryce harper and couldn’t even release some decent looking signature cross training shoes.

They gave cam this garbage.Looks like a zesty combat boot that only he would wear.
C2D71884-0DEC-4DB4-BA52-3331552D5AFF.jpeg

2A3C4EA4-1E8D-4085-8B7F-3EAD3116D556.jpeg

Look like some Rockdeep jawns

Back
Top Bottom