Under Armour?

Anyone have the UA Charged Ultimate? How do they perform? 

Looking for new trainers
Though I haven't tried them myself, have you looked at the Speedform Phenoms or the Phenom proto trainers?  Both look fantastic from a fit and natural foot standpoint.  Just wanted to point out another option

Anyone have the UA Charged Ultimate? How do they perform? 

Looking for new trainers

These iced tonals are dope.
https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/men-s-ua-charged-ultimate-iced-tonal-training-shoes/pid1284603-035

And this black/yellow
https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/men-s-ua-charged-ultimate-team-training-shoes/pid1283657-001

For anyone near any Brand House, go out today and check out the UMD Fire Shots. They released today and they're pretty awesome looking.

Also, for those who have worn the Slingshots, the brand house employees got free pairs, so I got one and they are pretty disappointing to me. They aren't as comfortable as I thought they would be, and I don't know if it was the socks I was wearing, but my feet were pretty hot in them. Anyone else have these problems?

Hmm interesting since it's knit upper and it doesn't have a layer under it to block air flow. Maybe they should have had larger vent openings in different areas. The Apollo 2 doesn't have vents when it looks like it does but my feet are fine and I wear thick socks. Was worn casually though. Is that the case for you or you used them for running?

Are you talking about the Apollo 2 or the Slingshots when you were asking about using them for running? If you are talking about the Slingshots, I didn't use them for running, I just used them at work. 8 hour shift on my feet basically the entire time. I was wearing some UA undeniable socks, and those are on the thicker end of socks so that might contribute to the heat that was building up in the slingshots.

Yeah the Slingshots. I think for 8 hours it is normal to get hot especially factoring in the thick socks. Gotta try them on to see for myself if there is any difference between the Apollo. The higher retail price is a turn off if they are comparable to each other. I'm pretty happy with the Apollo 2. The reflective black pair will be next.

Can you get a picture of the UMD and ND Fireshot?

Yeah the Slingshots. I think for 8 hours it is normal to get hot especially factoring in the thick socks. Gotta try them on to see for myself if there is any difference between the Apollo. The higher retail price is a turn off if they are comparable to each other. I'm pretty happy with the Apollo 2. The reflective black pair will be next.

Can you get a picture of the UMD and ND Fireshot?
Fire Shot is up now. 

Last edited:
The thing that worries me about the Fire Shots is the traction setup....
I hear you -- it doesn't look to be great.  However, according to @duke40  it's practically "tire-like" so I think the compound will have a lot to do with how it grabs

This is a little bit of a tangent, but can anyone think of a pair of shoes with soles very worn down that grip like crazy?  A lot of times the compound and stripping off some of the base layer can do more than the pattern itself.  Not saying the pattern doesn't matter, it definitely can be key, but I've been surprised in the past when I break out an old pair that has pretty worn down soles.

Those Maryland Fire Shots...the Maryland editions of shoes tend to be my favorites.

I'm skeptical about that traction pattern too, but curious about Nano G.  With the Drive 3 on the way though, I'm looking forward to those more.

just going to get both haha. Fire Shot lows won't drop until the summer and I can't wait that long haha. 

The Mudiay low PEs that released today will fill the void until then haha

The traction on the fireshot kinda like the Lebron 12 but larger groves.

Last edited:
I like these ND

Deezy, not sure how overseas will look. I know initially they said Nano G but the ones I tried on have Micro G.

Ordered navy ones today.

Got the Elite 24 Clutchfit 2 mids and they feel great. Can't wait to break them in on the court. Want to pull the trigger on those Mudiay's since I got my employee discount but I've bought 4 pairs of kicks this month I need to chill :lol:

Deezy, not sure how overseas will look. I know initially they said Nano G but the ones I tried on have Micro G.

Ordered navy ones today.
Isn't Nano G the fusing of midsole and outsole and not the cushioning? I think they scrapped the branding to avoid confusion. 

The Mudiay low PEs that released today will fill the void until then haha

The traction on the fireshot kinda like the Lebron 12 but larger groves.
yea they did a good job with those. Was hoping he went to the knicks because I don't like Denvers colors haha. Black/blue are nice, but hate powder blue

Last edited:
Isn't Nano G the fusing of midsole and outsole and not the cushioning? I think they scrapped the branding to avoid confusion. 

To be honest, I never really understood what Nano G was supposed to be. I know the technology was named before charged came out, but with the delay I assumed it was a scrapped technology. I thought it was a replacement or alternative foam to Micro G. But when I saw charged foam I figured they just changed the name to that.

To be honest, I never really understood what Nano G was supposed to be. I know the technology was named before charged came out, but with the delay I assumed it was a scrapped technology. I thought it was a replacement or alternative foam to Micro G. But when I saw charged foam I figured they just changed the name to that.
O ok, yea so Nano G is the combination of the outsole and midsole. poor name choice for it haha. 

EVA midsole and Micro G sock liner on the Fire Shot. I assume no pull out insole? What other shoe had that combination?

Last edited:
EVA midsole and Micro G sock liner on the Fire Shot. I assume no pull out insole? What other shoe had that combination?
Newest Torch is the only one I can think of off the top of my head with EVA and Micro G. Let you know about the insole when I pick them up today. 

Back
Top Bottom