Under Armour?

^^^ if you are near a UA clearance store they had the Apollo for $40 2 weeks ago. Grabbed the whole family a pair.

There are two factory houses but both I have to go out the way so I'd have to call to check on prices and go on a weekend. Did they have the Gemini?

Not for cheap - $100 I believe. They had 4-5 men's colorways and 8 women's for $60 with 1/3 off red tags of the Apollo.

Last edited:
Definitely more cushion. Gemini 2 takes it to the next level. 

Feel like both breath pretty well. Apollo may have slightly better ventilation, but nothing to help you decide one over the other. 

That's great to hear...been holding out for a decent colorway to replace my Gemini 1's

Tongue on the Slingshot goes all the way around. Shoe is crazy comfortable. If you're thinking of Apollo 2s, just spend the extra $40 and get these instead. Road Runner Sports VIP is $2 still I think so you can get a discount there too.

Tongue on the Slingshot goes all the way around. Shoe is crazy comfortable. If you're thinking of Apollo 2s, just spend the extra $40 and get these instead. Road Runner Sports VIP is $2 still I think so you can get a discount there too.

Are the slingshots TTS?

Definitely true to size. I wear a 13 in curry 2s, just because the toe box is squared off. Wear a 12.5 in Slingshot which is my size and they fit perfectly. 
appreciate the feedback -- would you say similar in size to the Fortis and Apollos?

Awesome.  Thanks!  Definitely want these slingshot at some point.  The red is nice, but I want to hold out for another colorway

This tongue set up is better. Have to re-adjust on the Apollo 2. Does it come with the plastic shoe tree? lol

This tongue set up is better. Have to re-adjust on the Apollo 2. Does it come with the plastic shoe tree? lol
Agreed. 

Haha no, sorry, that's actually false advertising. It comes with this horrible cardboard shoe tree that is impossible to put back in without bending and pinching it to conform. Have some extra plastic ones for situations like this haha. 

Definitely true to size. I wear a 13 in curry 2s, just because the toe box is squared off. Wear a 12.5 in Slingshot which is my size and they fit perfectly. 

Dammit man...was hoping to squeeze into a 15 if they ran a little big. Oh well...money saved :\

Agreed. 

Haha no, sorry, that's actually false advertising. It comes with this horrible cardboard shoe tree that is impossible to put back in without bending and pinching it to conform. Have some extra plastic ones for situations like this haha. 

damn that's a deal breaker then lol

Cool grey Fire Shot

I was told the Slingshot will be the "crossover" runner -crazy number of colorways and monotone coming too. Banking on a Nike Free type of appeal.

It looks like Will Barton and Patty Mills are wearing a setup of the Fire Shots without the CompFit upper.

Last edited:
For anyone near any Brand House, go out today and check out the UMD Fire Shots. They released today and they're pretty awesome looking.

Also, for those who have worn the Slingshots, the brand house employees got free pairs, so I got one and they are pretty disappointing to me. They aren't as comfortable as I thought they would be, and I don't know if it was the socks I was wearing, but my feet were pretty hot in them. Anyone else have these problems?

Anyone have the UA Charged Ultimate? How do they perform? 

Looking for new trainers

These iced tonals are dope.
https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/men-s-ua-charged-ultimate-iced-tonal-training-shoes/pid1284603-035

And this black/yellow
https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/men-s-ua-charged-ultimate-team-training-shoes/pid1283657-001

For anyone near any Brand House, go out today and check out the UMD Fire Shots. They released today and they're pretty awesome looking.

Also, for those who have worn the Slingshots, the brand house employees got free pairs, so I got one and they are pretty disappointing to me. They aren't as comfortable as I thought they would be, and I don't know if it was the socks I was wearing, but my feet were pretty hot in them. Anyone else have these problems?

Hmm interesting since it's knit upper and it doesn't have a layer under it to block air flow. Maybe they should have had larger vent openings in different areas. The Apollo 2 doesn't have vents when it looks like it does but my feet are fine and I wear thick socks. Was worn casually though. Is that the case for you or you used them for running?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom