Under Armour?

Speedform gemmi 2....anybody have them?
I have heard great things about the Gemini 1 and it sounds like there were subtle tweaks for the 2 -- I know @JinKazama  spoke highly of the 1

I think you will get a little bit more cushion out of the Geminis versus the phenom.  The geminis are definitely geared as a performance runner and the phenoms more of an all around cross/turf training shoe

I have the Apollo 2 and I'm thoroughly pleased with them. I can imagine the Gemini to be the same but with more cushioning. I like the new upper on the 2.1 as it has smaller mesh holes and it's more eye pleasing. Not sure on the fit but the Apollo 2 runs small lengthwise however I went true to size and let it loosen up to wear with thin no show socks and they are money.

Curious about the fit,cushioning etc etc....just bought the phenom amd wondering if i can expect the same fittment/cushioning.

I can't speak about that. I don't own or know anyone who does. I will say she loves them. She says they are super comfortable. She is flat footed and says they are probably the most comfortable pair of shoes she's ever had.

Speedform gemmi 2....anybody have them?
I went to the store still wearing my Gemini 1's and tried on the 2.  Feels pretty much like the same exact shoe from a cursory wear test. I know that there is a version with an embedded bluetooth fitness tracking device for an extra $20.

Last edited:
Charged = pass for me.

While I enjoy the firmer cushioning and quicker response from the Charged in the Drive 2/Curry 2, I much prefer the Micro G of the first Drive.  Well I should say my knees prefer it haha.  It definitely feels more substantial and maybe even "fluffier", which may lead to slightly lower responsiveness, but the impact protection is worth it.

3's look great to me, but traction in the forefoot looks like it will stink.  Out of the box, that herringbone looks like the bottom of a shoe that's been worn down outdoors for a few months.

I really like the overall shape and tooling and glad to see them back to the style of the 1.  However, I agree on traction... looks like it would play worse than the past 2 but who knows

I would say it's a little more narrow, but not necessarily in a bad way.  Feels more padded overall throughout, including the spongy insole.

The fit isn't really the most noticeable difference.  Both shoes provide great lockdown and overall fit/comfort.  It's the cushioning for me.  I've said it before, I like Charged for certain circumstances but if I'm going to be playing multiple games I'll take Micro G all day.  I haven't even touched my 2's since I have unlocked zoom shoes or the first Drives.

I'm pretty much passing on all Charged-based shoes at this point.  I want Boost or large volume zoom/foam.

I wwnt micro g back!!!! Charged us decent but micro g is still the best cushion UA has come out with. The brandon jennings black ice and bloodline are still my favorite shoes. Most ppl might not even remember those shoes

I'm curious if anyone in here has a pair of Fat Tires -- either the lows or mids

Considering getting them for an upcoming trip involving a lot of hiking.  I've heard nothing but great things, but interested in overall fit, durability, and resiliency.  Guessing they may have them at the UA store by me so I could always go check...

@FlashSole  do you have any experience with the Fat Tire?  Thanks in advance

I'm curious if anyone in here has a pair of Fat Tires -- either the lows or mids

Considering getting them for an upcoming trip involving a lot of hiking.  I've heard nothing but great things, but interested in overall fit, durability, and resiliency.  Guessing they may have them at the UA store by me so I could always go check...

@FlashSole  do you have any experience with the Fat Tire?  Thanks in advance
Yes. Fat Tires are still one of my favorite models. May need to go a half size up. I've had the lows for about a year now (they dropped on July 23rd 2015) and they're still in great shape. Wear them about once a week. 

They're like nothing you've ever worn before (I assume) and it takes a few wears to get used to walking in them. Know that sounds weird, but you'll see what i mean. 

The only benefit of the mids is the BOA lacing, which is awesome, but wouldn't recommend it for hiking, unless you plan on being in water higher than your ankle. Haven't tried the Overdrive yet, but if you're going to just be hiking on trails and nothing more than a small stream or two, stick with the lows. 

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

@FlashSole  much appreciated!  Actually good news on maybe going .5 up too, b/c the colorway I'm scoping seems to be scarce in true size, but available half up.  Sort of trying to keep my eyes peeled for a discount but doesn't look like there is much out there.  Thanks again

@FlashSole  much appreciated!  Actually good news on maybe going .5 up too, b/c the colorway I'm scoping seems to be scarce in true size, but available half up.  Sort of trying to keep my eyes peeled for a discount but doesn't look like there is much out there.  Thanks again
yea i've been waiting for discounts too but the $10 off the OG pair is the most I've seen. Hopefully UA sends out MapMyRun discounts again soon. 

Cfd 1 mid is one of my fav shoes so i decided to try the cfd 2 lows and wow they feel good. Some said court feel was better in the 1 but they still felt pretty low. Slightly more narrow than the 1 but still fit good. Lockdown for a low is the best that I've tried outside of the Kobe line. So often, heel lockdown or lackthereof keeps a low from being perfect or even good. I think I'll be stocking up on these. Cfd line > hyperrev line imo but both are great shoes that will always go on sale. I got the mango colorway and they are fire. Reminds me of my mango Kobe 9s.

Can anyone speak on the lockdown of the cfd 1 low? I haven't played in my pair yet becuz the heel lockdown was not as good as the mid from trying them on.

Last edited:
Can anyone speak on the lockdown of the cfd 1 low? I haven't played in my pair yet becuz the heel lockdown was not as good as the mid from trying them on.
I think I already responded to this in another thread somewhere.

The CF Drive low fit is just as good as the 2 Low.  Fit isn't really drastically different, both have excellent lockdown.  The main differences to me would be the ventilation and the cushioning more than anything.  I feel slightly quicker/faster in the 2's, but the Micro G in the 1 is much more forgiving.

Here's how I would sum it up:

One game with everything on the line (which I never do) - Drive 2

Multiple games over a 2 hour period (which I always do) - Drive

Back
Top Bottom